Recruiting: TAW (The Art of Warfare, www.taw.net) is recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post
    I'm just curious, you keep recruiting here and the player base is already so small. Isn't that the exact opposite of trying to make the community grow?

How many ut3 players do you have, 20+ people? Most clans have 10 or 11 at the most. Why not split up so there more clans to challenge?

I have no problem with any of your guys, I've played a few of you and people like GuitarSlim and Hero are cool. I just don't think I agree with your recruiting philosophy.
    I understand your concern, but I can assure you that our numbers are having no adverse effect on the competitive community. We presently have 28 members; 20 in our North American battalion, 8 in our Euro battalion. Only roughly half of the members of our NA battalion play competitively - no bigger than your typical competitive clan.

TAW promotes the growth of the UT community by providing a home for competitive and non-competitive gamers alike. A non-competitive player who has trouble finding good servers to play on may simply quit the game - but if he joins TAW, he'll always have a good group to play with.

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself, but I will try to add to it Vulkor.
      TAW is a community of friends who play a fun game and learn together how to improve individual and team tactics and play styles.
      I am one of those who is in the group for the friendships formed. I think this game is a lot more fun in a group, when you can talk in teamspeak and discuss things as you go. I am also willing to help the team when we have competitions. We have a number of people like this. We all get something different out of the group. I get instruction, fun, teamwork, knowledge and a chance to compete with other clans.
      TAW as a whole has about 750 members in 13 games. All of our divisions act the same way. I can't see playing a multiplayer game outside of TAW. It's been great for 3 years for me.
      I wouldn't want to see our team broken up into two clans just for the purpose of competing. We are a family and we are looking to grow our family. We have internal competitions as well. The bigger our clan gets, the more fun it is to play. We had 25 people in our 32 slot server last night during one of our practices. It was a blast.

Comment

Guess who just got his brand spanking new revamped and upgraded MX518 version 2 in the mail?!?!

FRAG TIME!

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEEEEEE!!!!

Comment

Come get you sum buddy.

Comment

Hey B0T0X, Vulkor here, was great having you join us for practice. Our practices are Monday and Thursday nights at 9pm Eastern. Add me on xfire, username Rhykker.

Comment

Thanks man! I really enjoyed it myself and I can tell you're a good bunch of guys (and girl haha). I have a buddy I should introduce to you all. I've been playing UT with him for around oh... 3-4 years. He's one of the few that actually transitioned to UT3. (I still have a love/hate relationship with it myself...)

Anyway, fun times and I'm sure you'll see me around in the near future . Work has been insane lately but hopefully I can wrap up some projects and will have some actual free time!

Comment

Show him our xfire names and tell him he can join us in team speak for a practice if he likes. We'd be happy to show him a good time, lol.

You are also welcome anytime, it was a blast and you are a tough player. Your flag runs were legendary.

TAW_Quagmire [UT DC]
                www.taw.net
                http://www.xfire.com/clans/tawut/
                Xfire: quagmiretaw
                email: quagmire@theartofwarfare.net

Comment

Originally posted by TAW_Quagmire View Post
                  Show him our xfire names and tell him he can join us in team speak for a practice if he likes. We'd be happy to show him a good time, lol.

You are also welcome anytime, it was a blast and you are a tough player. Your flag runs were legendary.

TAW_Quagmire [UT DC]
                  www.taw.net
                  http://www.xfire.com/clans/tawut/
                  Xfire: quagmiretaw
                  email: quagmire@theartofwarfare.net
                  Thanks! I really did enjoy playing those games with your group. CTF was my first love and it was really nostalgic to play it again after so long with people who do more than running around in 1on1 DM battles haha. ...always did love running backward more than forward :P I really was sad to see the CTF community die in UT2k4!

I'll be back but my life is NUTS right now. For example... yesterday... Went to work from 10AM-7PM. Got home. Finished production on video work I was hired for from 9PM-2:30AM. 10-7 again today and... surprise! I'm on call from 6AM to 7PM tomorrow (today)! lol Buuuuut my birthday is next Thursday and I decided to treat myself to a 4-day weekend after all of this chaos so I'll be playing tons then

Comment

We hope to see you then.

Comment

If anyone else out there would like to just check us out before joining, to see what we're about, add me on xfire, username Rhykker. Our North American practices are Monday and Thursday nights at 9pm Eastern.

Comment

If you drop in I can help you pad your stats a little....oh the shame, my greatest contribution to the UT community..helping others look better, one frag at a time.
                        lol

Comment

Another great thing about TAW is the humility. We don't go around bragging; neither between clanmates, nor with other clans. There are no sore losers and no sore winners here - it's all about doing the best you can and having fun.

kbozz71 (RogaineRenegade) is a better player than his post suggests - and most important is that he's a team player

Comment

I've been in the TAW Community for about a year now and I have loved it ever since day 1. UT3 is not the only game we play (don't kill me) The reason I mention that is we try to make our overall clan fun and friendly. If I know one thing its this, I've seen people come into the UT division and go from the UT Division, 9/10 people that join generally stay whether it be in the UT Division or Just the Clan itself and wanted to do another game. But I'm a big fan of UT So I stay there.

I really hope this makes it easier to understand.

but yea anyone that's interested head on over to http://www.taw.net/ and see what we do and what we're about. and if you catch anyone from the UT Division in our servers, hit us up if you're interested and we'll get you the hook up.

Comment

We've had some great recruits join us recently, and urge more of you to check us out!

TAW has servers in both the US and Europe, and we would really like to see more Europeans join us (and North Americans are still more than welcome, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealBomber
                                UT3 is not the only game we play
                                Yes, I know

Comment

Working...
                                X