• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radius around objects too small?

Hi all,

Sorry if the title sounds strange.
    (I was not sure how to call it.)
    I'm talking about the radius for taking (or just handling) any objects.
    For example: You go to a weapon and want to take it or you want to take a flag, an orb etc..
    [shot]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1139/ut3radiusub6.jpg[/shot]
    (This screenshot could be too extreme but it descripes the problem more clearly - but maybe it's even more extreme in the game??).

I think this radius is a little bit small.
    (As said: I don't know how real this screenshot example is - it's just to show the topic.)
    I often want to take items (or return flags, take orbs etc as said.), go to them
    but I don't take them even if I'm close to them.
    I have to be very close to them...
    In other games you go to an object and have it.
    UT3 seems to be too exactly in this case.
    Some friends asked me already if they are too dumb to pick up an item.
    I think no, this feature could just be better...

What do you think?
    Is the radius ok or could it be a little bit bigger?

Greets

was the same radius in 2k4. just run over it and you have it

Comment

i think the radius is fine. i have never ahd any problems

Comment

Heh, I sort of agree with Nightmare. Sometimes I'll run to an orb/flag/dropped weapon and then quickly dodge away thinking I grabbed it but in fact I didn't. Very frustrating sometimes but I guess it's my own fault. I wish we had a "reach to grab distant object" key.

Comment

I actually haven't noticed this with the orb. (And ofc I haven't noticed with that FLaG or whatever it's called :P) However, I often "miss" weapons my enemies drop around me and have to look again and go there.

Comment

It's fine. Do we really need to be this picky about things?

Comment

Lol thread. Radius is perfectly fine.

Comment

I must admit I sometimes failed to return a FLaG or grab a dropped one, sometimes leading to point lost in the match...

Comment

i have thought i stepped into a weapon or an orb only to find out i have to go over it a few times for it to pick up...

Comment

Yeah sometimes I run over stuff but I don't pick it up and I think what the heck. Especially in the heat of combat it kind of sucks but it don't happen often enough to change it though. It works pretty good the way it is. I don't think it would hurt anything if they made it just a little bit bigger.

Comment

Well I've never had this problem in UT2K4 but in UT3 it happens to me a lot. I wanna pick up a weapon, that someone else dropped and sometimes have to try to pick it up two or three time Usually happens to me with a weapon, sometimes also with a flag.

Comment

yea when i'm fighting i'm going to be jumping around a bit, so picking up an item i want, i dont want to run over it 2 or 3 times to pick it up.

Comment

Hi all,

Nice that I'm not the only one who has sometimes problems^^
                          Well, some say it's perfect, other say it could be better,
                          I think I'll analyze it with a friend and he will make a screenshot.
                          Then we can exactly see how big or small this radius is!
                          As said: I often don't pick up weapons or other objects although I should have picked up them...

Comment

Working...
                          X