Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EpicServer2 (PC Warfare)

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...2.22.124:7777/

Just wondering if this is really an Epic server.

I ask because sometimes it's the only populated US Warfare server and for some inexplicable reason it's configured so that dodging is disabled and Torlan is the only map played. There was no admin email listed that I could find so I thought I'd inquire on here. Thanks, and if it is an official server can you hook us up with dodging and some map variety?

I agree, this server seems to be pretty popular and I ping well.

Comment

ok should i buy this game or not cuz i think it looks awesome but som people say its ok

Comment

Not really a thread related to that, but sure we can answer it.

UT3 is an amazing blast. If you think it looks awesome, you will undoubtedly enjoy it. The community is kinda small, but you can always find a good game to play. Not to mention it's really cheap right now. So yes, buy it.

Comment

If it's the one that calls itself an "official server" then no it's a fraud.

Comment

thank you u definatly made up my mind

Comment

dodge disabled? i highly doubt its an official server

Comment

Not Official.

There are a few about. Unless they're US servers, from Epic, which i highly doubt.

Epic Midway Warfare #1-#6 Are the Official EU servers. And also have the amount of slots in the server name. I do believe the US ones are similarly named.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                  Not Official.

There are a few about. Unless they're US servers, from Epic, which i highly doubt.

Epic Midway Warfare #1-#6 Are the Official EU servers. And also have the amount of slots in the server name. I do believe the US ones are similarly named.
                  Well it is a US server.

Part of me says it's not official because of the infuriating disabled dodge and single map selection, but then I also get awesome ping there (sub-50 from Florida) and it handles 32 players without a hitch.

If it's unofficial then someone must have thought, "Hey, I'll build out this sweet game server and put it on my T connection just to mess with the heads of some UT3 warfare players." That seems almost as bizarre as it being official in the first place.

Comment

This is a good server for n00bs and intermediate level players to learn on.

There are 2 Torlan only servers. epicserver2 is one of them. The other one says Official. Epicserver2 is strange because it is a 32 player and has up to 19 bots. So if less than 20 players are on it, then the rest are average skill bots.

The other server is much the same but with fewer bots and is 24 player.

n00bs and intermediate players should spectate the high scoring players to see what they are doing and follow their lead.

Comment

i have play too times at tha t server but then in vctf
                      disabled dodge i dont like that so i dont play on that server again

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                        i have play too times at tha t server but then in vctf
                        disabled dodge i dont like that so i dont play on that server again
                        Yes, there is a vCTF one as well, with dodge disabled, and a nice average of 16 players playing there. I ping really well too, around 35. If they enabled dodge, I'm sure it would become the new Overclock of the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
                          Yes, there is a vCTF one as well, with dodge disabled, and a nice average of 16 players playing there.
                          Well good. At least now I know that there are other groups that the admin is ticking off and not just warfare players.

Comment

That server drives me nuts.... there are always all these people on playing the same map over and over... sometimes all the humans are on one side and all bots or mostly bots with a few real people. Like you said, it pings very low for me (68 average from Boston area) and is one of the few servers that seems to always have players... but then its just torlan, over and over and over.... It used to be one team would always be stacked, but it seems better lately in that regard. Still... there's other servers on the list with map voting and dodge, but I always play them alone... I don't understand the mysterious attraction that server has for people.... draws people like flies....... How come?

Comment

Because it's the same map over and over? Same as Suspense only servers or Torlan only servers from 2k4, although the demo had some to do with that (for both games, lol!). It's easier to become decent at just one map, and newer players probably enjoy that. Soon it will probably be the only server with people in it . Just like 2k4.

Comment

Working...
                              X