UT3 Cross Platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Cross Platforms

I've owned UT3 for a while now and greatly enjoy the game my friend really likes the game to but dosn't have a good pc to run it on he owns a 360 though. The Question is:::

If he buys UT3 on the xbox can him and i play cross platforms between xbox and pc???

I 've searched and havn't been able to pin point an answer for this... All and any help would be greatly appreciated.

No, its not possible to play the game cross platform on any console.

Comment

no,right now there is no cross platform compatibility.but there might be cross platform compatibility when the expansion comes out for ut3,but even if they do have cross platform it will probably only be for ps3 and pc because the 360 version doesnt have mod support.

Comment

Don't despair, you two can still play at his house on 360..... Splitscreen! Only 360 offers that stock, but no mods is kind of a downer.

Comment

Originally posted by UTlOvEr View Post
          no,right now there is no cross platform compatibility.but there might be cross platform compatibility when the expansion comes out for ut3,but even if they do have cross platform it will probably only be for ps3 and pc because the 360 version doesnt have mod support.
          Highly unlikely seeing as PC version is faster.

Comment

Originally posted by brbl8ter View Post
            Highly unlikely seeing as PC version is faster.
            we ps3 players use the PC SPEED MUTATOR.
            if there was crossplatform speed would not be an issue. they can leave it at pc speed.

Comment

There would be other issues, too. For instance, the PC and PS3 version of the same map are cooked differently. Plus, there would be the hole redirect issue. How would the server know which file to send to the PC/PS3 user.

This has been talked about before in other threads. I really wouldn't hold your breath. I would be hoping for other bug fixes prior to adding the cross platform functionality.

Comment

I don't even care playing cross platform anymore. Just want the expansion and play against pad players...

Comment

Originally posted by R_E_S_T View Post
                  we ps3 players use the PC SPEED MUTATOR
                  Still doesn't reduce the hit box size to a reasonable size and still has allot of aim assist.

I should write a mut that makes the hitboxes huge, slow down the game and adds aim assist and call it the PS3 SPEED MUTATOR.

Comment

Working...
                  X