What's your favorite stock VCTF map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    I think balance is the most important factor for a vCTF map. The sides don't switch between rounds. If you get the weaker side, you get the weaker side and that's that. That, I believe is what makes some vCTF maps terrible. Corruption for example. If you were to mirror the Necris side and give both sides Necris vehicles it would probably play pretty well. That is also where Kargo fails. True, the map is technically balanced, because both sides have an equal opporunity to get the tank. However, once one side gets the tank the gameplay becomes so imbalanced it seriously detracts from the fun. True, other maps also have up-for-grab vehicles. Those maps aren't quite so dominated by those vehicles though. Necro and Containment are good examples.
    Which is why Kargo fails as a pub map and why it's so awesome as a clan match map, the map requires co-ordination to deal with the tank and co-ordination with team mates to keep the tank alive. In a random 26 player pub it falls apart, but then again the only vCTF map that I've found that still works really well in a full 26 player match (both stock and custom) is Anarchy Halls, and that's a map that I generally dislike with low player counts.

Comment

Sure, I like just about any map in competition. But when it comes to favorites, Kargo is just above Corruption for me, and that is to say lower than a snakes belly.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
        Sure, I like just about any map in competition. But when it comes to favorites, Kargo is just above Corruption for me, and that is to say lower than a snakes belly.
        I guess I can live with that, I guess the lack of a good in-game voice chat on PC makes it even worse too.

PS
        My belly isn't that low

Comment

the tank cant leave the base with the walker there, i have seen the walker fire right through the red sniper tunnel on corrution from the other side of the level which is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
            the only vCTF map that I've found that still works really well in a full 26 player match (both stock and custom) is Anarchy Halls, and that's a map that I generally dislike with low player counts.
            Haha woo!

But that's weird. I actually find the opposite to be true. I have a lot more fun in Anarchy when its like 8v8 or less.

Comment

AnarchyHalls is a superb 3v3, because if you try to use spam weapons, you die.

I don't like any of the stock maps, but I voted Necropolis because everyone else voted for it...

P.S. Void is weird.

Comment

For some reason I played first year only vCTF and it was fun. Each map is best played with 18 people, 32 is way too much IMO. Sadly I havent found servers with good ping and custom maps.

I voted Necropolis. It's good action map and there isnt annoying camping places. Capturing the flag isnt too hard like Corruption and novice players may get the flag pretty easily.

Suspence is good, but getting flag out of base should have more routes.

Sandstorm is good when you know how to use jump boots.

I hate Kargo and I quit if its voted. With good team coordination it could be more entertaining, but now scorpion is useless and getting tank out is too hard. Kargo-CE is better where scorpion is replaced by viper.

Corruption and over time with score 0-0 is no rare. My own over time record is about 70 minutes.

Comment

Sandstorm is the best map for myself. It is pretty much a flag runners paradise. There are multiple routes, ranging in difficulty. Type of map where skill and knowledge pays off, instead of a few routes that are possible on other maps.

And also once the map is learnt, you find the vehicles no longer dominate the map. There are ways to counter the fury, learn them!

Comment

yea but sandstorm is dominated by other issues... mainly glitches and exploits, people sniping through sand? wtf is that?

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
                      because it is hard to kill someone not noob in that tank,
                      there is no where really to snipe on containment, i like the fact the tank can't cripple the game on there but work well in some positions
                      Snipe with what on containment? there is no sniper rifle.

Suspense is the most balanced of all the maps, everyone just hates it because they have played it so much. A tank camping in Suspense is easy to take down, all you need is a manta or a rapotr voilla tank is down. Flag running is good as well on Suspense.

Necro - Gets my vote because its faster than Suspense is, its streamlined so caps are fast and furious and there is more choas going on.

Containment - is so easy to end up as a stalemate map, usually tank will sit ontop the flag, or in the middle where the opening is, so even if u get past it there and grab the flag, its either respawning or killing you coming back out.

Corruption - Do we all have 12 hours to play a match? Nuff Said.

Kargo - LOL i love how all these people are saying that this is a good Competition Map. Man you could not be more wrong than that. Now i know most will say OH but it takes teamwork to heal tank and keep it up. Yeah well remember if you don't have tank and they do, in a competition match they will always have someone there with the tank healing it. And since you can't get out of your base since the tank will kill you, no slow field which goes over the scorp alley, and they emp the other side, giving the tank an easy shot at someone coming through that way to emp the tank. Have you ever played against some of the best Kargo tankers with a good team around them competition wise? Its a horrible map. I like it in pubs because since there is no team work its easy to take the tank out on either side, unless there is someone in the tank thats on the list of players near impossible to get out of tank. But that list is very short maybe 5 people so its not all the time.

Comment

that was the point i was making, there is no where to snipe even if there was one

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
                          that was the point i was making, there is no where to snipe even if there was one
                          Oh there are places, i so wish it had sniper rifles. You can snipe from where the raptor spawns, shield belt area (Even though its more vulnarable). On the Sides of that Hole that the raptor can fly through

Comment

when i play kargo i ask in the begin no tank i got i work 2 times the match was great

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
                              Kargo - LOL i love how all these people are saying that this is a good Competition Map. Man you could not be more wrong than that. Now i know most will say OH but it takes teamwork to heal tank and keep it up. Yeah well remember if you don't have tank and they do, in a competition match they will always have someone there with the tank healing it. And since you can't get out of your base since the tank will kill you, no slow field which goes over the scorp alley, and they emp the other side, giving the tank an easy shot at someone coming through that way to emp the tank. Have you ever played against some of the best Kargo tankers with a good team around them competition wise? Its a horrible map. I like it in pubs because since there is no team work its easy to take the tank out on either side, unless there is someone in the tank thats on the list of players near impossible to get out of tank. But that list is very short maybe 5 people so its not all the time.
                              The slow field can be taken down by shooting repeatedly with hit scan weapons, if you guys take 2 scorpions 1 after the other it is exceedingly diffcult to take them both down, especially if you have the other players on the team come out the flak entrance at the same time (one of them holding a EMP). In that situation, the tank can't take everyone out, and the EMP carrier should have a defender with him.

Like I said earlier these strategies require communication, teamwork and strategy (on both sides) which is why I love the map, but the map does not work in pubs mainly because pubs tend to lack communication, teamwork and strategy. It's a good competitive map even with a good tank player because it really becomes about controlling and disabling that singular map piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X