Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's you're favorite Shooter Map and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's you're favorite Shooter Map and Why?

I'm trying to pull together a good collection of maps from a variety of games for use as examples to friends of what should set the bar for fun and entertaining maps. Across the interwebs i've found a number of posts and comments about various games, but i'm not gonna mention the lists cause i wanna hear what you guys have to say. So with that in mind...

What are you're favorite multiplayer maps of all time and why? Be sure to mention the video game it's from too!

I don't have a favorite map. For me there's maps that aren't done well, and there's maps that are serviceable. That's all the grades I generally care about. They're all just an excuse to play the game, which is what I'm here for.

Once in a while I do run across one I think is exceptional, though I don't go systematically checking out every one I can find. The last one like that was DM-Grand-Dialbo, which is a custom map for this game here, the one associated with the forum you're posting on. You can download that map right here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ghlight=diablo

But I won't say it's my 'favorite.' It's just the last one I saw that I thought was exceptionally well done. I'm sure there's a few more like that around, if I get around to downloading them.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
      I don't have a favorite map. For me there's maps that aren't done well, and there's maps that are serviceable. That's all the grades I generally care about. They're all just an excuse to play the game, which is what I'm here for.

Once in a while I do run across one I think is exceptional, though I don't go systematically checking out every one I can find. The last one like that was DM-Grand-Dialbo, which is a custom map for this game here, the one associated with the forum you're posting on. You can download that map right here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ghlight=diablo

But I won't say it's my 'favorite.' It's just the last one I saw that I thought was exceptionally well done. I'm sure there's a few more like that around, if I get around to downloading them.
      You don't have any honerable mentions, say like Crash from COD4 or Coagulation from halo or something?

Comment

My all time favorite maps are, for UT2004 CTF, Face Classic and Bridge of Fate. The flow is amazing. For DM/TDM and TAM in UT2004, it's Under and Campgrounds. Goose is a good one too. For vehicle gametypes, the new Torlan in UT3 has very nice game dynamics(except for center node). Other maps like Onyx Coast, Islander are good, but I can't say they're all time gems.

Comment

I like E1M1 "Hangar" from Classic Doom (1993) and Torlan from UT 2004.

Comment

In UT3 like playing the best on Heat Ray, Sanctuary, Deck, and Arsenal.

ThaMarine mentioned a classic Doom level above but from the old school Quake days I loved DM3 Abandoned Base and E1M3 Necropolis.

Comment

Quake's DM6. And, thanks to Bi()ha2ard, it's available for UT3 at http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=649414

Comment

From ut99: Deck16, Facing Worlds, Orbital, Ranel, Liandri...
                Ut3: Deck, Floodgate, Islander, Campgrounds...

Comment

Dm_1v1_Meatless from Painkiller!

It had a cool style to it, and perfect item placement which made for an awesome 1v1 map.

Comment

DM-Shrift, and DM- Revelation. Both maps are real pretty. Weapon layouts are well thought out.(Except the shock being right above the U-damage on revelation. It should be the sniper, IMO.) The reason I like these two most of all is because of their size. Even with 16 players, they dont seem crowded.

Comment

Shipment from CoD4. JK!

Comment

Deck16 from UT99
                        Crash from CoD4

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious3745 View Post
                          You don't have any honerable mentions, say like Crash from COD4 or Coagulation from halo or something?
                          I don't play many video games at all (though I've been playing them to some extent most of my life). And the Unreal series is pretty much the only one I bother with multiplay.

Those other games are fine I'm sure, they just don't hold my interest. Not enough explosions and ray guns I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
                            Those other games are fine I'm sure, they just don't hold my interest. Not enough explosions and ray guns I suppose.
                            Not enough shock combos. That's a problem most games out there suffer from, though.

Comment

All the maps that i can beat demoniac are great :P .
                              Anyway i like a lot of maps n it usually depends on mood or how many play in the map or if im just fed up with the same great map ,voted n voted n played n more played ,again n again.

PS Warfare bonus pack needed epic n put it in the WAR servers.(some are getting bored with the same ones).
                              Otherwise put em in the expansion n in your servers.Time is against us tbh.If the expansion is not really near, give a bonus pack out soon.I think it will help the current players to stay n the new ones will find a bigger community playing the game when the expansion comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X