Unreal Crashes during gameplay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    At the beginning i had some issues to with warfare maps (torlan,....) glitching and stuttering near the bases.
    I downgrade and upgraded the nvidia drivers and since then i have no problem anymore.

Only once and a while a "close program" and then i have to restart UT3 again.
    IMO that comes from the unreal engine versus Vista which makes a calculation mistake...somewhere, somehow...

My Rig:

Vista Home premium x64
    INTEL Q6600
    XFX 9800 GTX+ (before ASUS 8600 GTS 512)
    4 GB RAM
    Antec sonata 3 case

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Most people find important only the CPU the VGA n the amount of memory tbh.A good PSU ,quality memory, good ventilated case n more, are not of much importance.THEY SHOULD BE.Dont just buy ready made offers.Ask if you dont know.Many forums n many guys can help you build a BALANCED(very important) n probs free PC based on the amount of money you can spent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At 100c (with you GPU fan at 100% too?) I'm surprised you don't get artifacts intermittently. Get a can of dustoff and give everything inside a good once over which should improve things like it did for me, and maybe add a fan or slot cooler for now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mine idles at 70c. And I have it set to up the fan speed as it gets hotter. So when I'm playing ut3 the fan is at 100% and yet it gets to 100c. Anyway next computer I get is definitely going to have water cooling.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Telzen View Post
    Hmm I just started playing the game again a few days ago and my 8800 gets up to 101c when in game. Haven't had any problems yet, will have to see if paying a few hours is bad for it. I dread the summer though, and the fan is so loud at 100% I'm afraid I'll wake the person in the next room up lol.
    The 8800gt and 8800gtx cards are notoriously hot-running. My 8800gt-oc would get into the high 90c's unless I ran the fan at 80% using Riva Tuner. At those temps I would start to have graphics glitches and occassional freezes. My current EVGA GTX 260 rarely breaks into the mid 50c's at the stock fan speed. Helping is that I have a much better cooling case now (Antec 900).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Viventis View Post
    Repeat........The latest official Nvidia drivers crash UT3 in Warfare mode......roll back to the previous drivers and all is good. (180.48)
    What he said. Rolling back helped another guy in the Troubleshooting Section.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm I just started playing the game again a few days ago and my 8800 gets up to 101c when in game. Haven't had any problems yet, will have to see if paying a few hours is bad for it. I dread the summer though, and the fan is so loud at 100% I'm afraid I'll wake the person in the next room up lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm still using the Nvidia 180.48 drivers. In my case I'm certain my game freezing problems were heat related. Since I've been keeping my case and fans dust free and forcing my 8800GTX fan on 100%, I haven't had any lockups if I can keep my card under 80c or so. Im monitor my CPU temp using the EVGA precision utility in my Windows taskbar system tray and it also displays on my new G15 keyboard LCD so I can watch it while in-game. When my PC is idle the GPU sits at 59-60c and playing UT3 it warms up to 79c. Also turn on Vsync to keep temps down too, but it caps your FPS to 60 max but thats okay it doesn't affect my playability. My temps go a lot higher in-game if I turn Vsync off because the higher frame rates heat things up and then things get unstable. BTW my 8800GTX is factory overclocked an extra 25mhz but even when I tried unclocking it the intermittent freezes still happened after about 3 consecutive games or so (when temps got as high as 100c and experienced graphical glitches) until I tried to keep the card temperature down below 80c. I could do better by adding some extra cooling fans and mod my case a little, but that is a future project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Before changing to older drivers try to clean up the old ones 1st.You can use drivercleaner to do the job.For better help you should write more details about your system . For example a bad case or a not ventilated right case(cause of position or bad cable managment etc) can cause your vga to overheat.More details = better odds to get help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by van helblaze View Post
    reinstatement of the drivers didn't work, still don't understand why that the game is only crashing in war. All of the other modes work fine.
    Repeat........The latest official Nvidia drivers crash UT3 in Warfare mode......roll back to the previous drivers and all is good. (180.48)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HighCrimes View Post
    You defiantly want to take the time to update directx. I was having major issues along with others before the august08 update...................Seriously Ikaros sounds like you should try it yourself the difference is amazing. :X
    DXdiag says I'm running DirectX 10 which is native to Vista. Not sure how you update DX9 over that or see what DX9 related files I have but I'll check into it. [EDIT] - I just went to the Microsoft DirectX page for 9.0c and installed the latest DX9 update dated 12/5/2008:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try underclocking your graphics card and see if that makes a difference. I have a 8800GTX that would crash after about 20 minutes to 2 hours, often when the core explosion went off in warfare. I underclocked it about 5% and no more crashes.

And what type of crash is it. Does the game crash to desktop, does your system lock up... ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you patch the game to 1.3. Is it crashing in single player? If it keeps crashing in a WAr server the same 1 try another.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm running form the second to last drivers for my card, The issue's fixed. It was something with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You defiantly want to take the time to update directx. I was having major issues along with others before the august08 update...................Seriously Ikaros sounds like you should try it yourself the difference is amazing. :X

Leave a comment:

Working...
X