Unreal Crashes during gameplay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Crashes during gameplay...

This is really getting on my nerves now. Almost every game I've been in has crashed on my side. Usually it's in War, when I get close to the core.
    My system has...
    Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
    4GB of Ram
    NVidia 9800GT
    Vista Home Premium 32bit

Well that sure could be a lot of things. Run a memory check using prime95 or something. Reconsider all those leet overclock settings that you've found work "perfectly." Check your system files. Install big, noisy fans all over everything. Get out your 120lb air compressor, open up your case and blast all the dust bunnies away.

Comment

my computer is brand new, I shouldn't have any issues. I'm not overclocking at all, the system is handles games like crysis just fine, but it's crashing during War almost exclusively.

Comment

Don't forget to remap ram in bios, and defiantly get the latest directx. Also you should be posting in trouble shooting, you may get better help there. SP1 doesn't install automatically for a month, you can force it by downloading it.

Comment

Run a graphics card temperature utility to see if it crashes only at high temps. That was happening to me and I had to force the GPU fan on at 100% Also, even though it's new you can collect a lot of dust inside your case and air pathways. Blow out your fans, heatsinks, and vent openings witha can of air every few weeks. Also, someone said the newest Nvidia drivers were causing Warfare crashes for many. Go back to the November version if you already loaded the new ones out this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by HighCrimes View Post
            Don't forget to remap ram in bios, and defiantly get the latest directx. Also you should be posting in trouble shooting, you may get better help there. SP1 doesn't install automatically for a month, you can force it by downloading it.
            Vista comes with DirectX 10 and is backward compatible to DX9 games like UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by van helblaze View Post
              This is really getting on my nerves now. Almost every game I've been in has crashed on my side. Usually it's in War, when I get close to the core.
              My system has...
              Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
              4GB of Ram
              NVidia 9800GT
              Vista Home Premium 32bit
              The latest Nvidia 191.20 drivers crash UT3 during Warfare. Try the officail release before these, which is 180.48, I believe.

Comment

It seams to be my graphics card...latest OFFICIAL drivers and all, but I'll reinstall the drivers to see what happens.

Comment

You defiantly want to take the time to update directx. I was having major issues along with others before the august08 update...................Seriously Ikaros sounds like you should try it yourself the difference is amazing. :X

Comment

I'm running form the second to last drivers for my card, The issue's fixed. It was something with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Comment

Did you patch the game to 1.3. Is it crashing in single player? If it keeps crashing in a WAr server the same 1 try another.

Comment

Try underclocking your graphics card and see if that makes a difference. I have a 8800GTX that would crash after about 20 minutes to 2 hours, often when the core explosion went off in warfare. I underclocked it about 5% and no more crashes.

And what type of crash is it. Does the game crash to desktop, does your system lock up... ?

Comment

Originally posted by HighCrimes View Post
                          You defiantly want to take the time to update directx. I was having major issues along with others before the august08 update...................Seriously Ikaros sounds like you should try it yourself the difference is amazing. :X
                          DXdiag says I'm running DirectX 10 which is native to Vista. Not sure how you update DX9 over that or see what DX9 related files I have but I'll check into it. [EDIT] - I just went to the Microsoft DirectX page for 9.0c and installed the latest DX9 update dated 12/5/2008:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Comment

Originally posted by van helblaze View Post
                            reinstatement of the drivers didn't work, still don't understand why that the game is only crashing in war. All of the other modes work fine.
                            Repeat........The latest official Nvidia drivers crash UT3 in Warfare mode......roll back to the previous drivers and all is good. (180.48)

Comment

Before changing to older drivers try to clean up the old ones 1st.You can use drivercleaner to do the job.For better help you should write more details about your system . For example a bad case or a not ventilated right case(cause of position or bad cable managment etc) can cause your vga to overheat.More details = better odds to get help.

Comment

Working...
                              X