Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info on UT3 please and fast

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Info on UT3 please and fast

    Im looking into buying this game ive been playing GOW online for PC of course and its getting really dead out there and i see alot of people playing this on xbox360 ,

    I would get this game for PC , so im wondering if any of you know the following questions,

    Are there context and tournaments for this on PC ? or are they just on xbox , Also how does this compair to Gears of war looks like the same type of gameplay almost this true or is one way better then the other and anything else i should know thanks

    reply fast cause i wana by this game either today before stores close in 2 hours or first thing tomorrow morning thanks

    #2
    UT3 plays nothing like GoW, completely different type of game. They just made it look like GoW to cash in on GoW's popularity.

    Comment


      #3
      not even remotely similar game play.

      Comment


        #4
        what ive been reading more and more yeah i know what you mean its fast pace , ok everyone says its worth it but are there online contests and stuff? for the pc version or just the xbox version

        Comment


          #5
          Well an expansion is coming for it so that should be good.

          Comment


            #6
            truth is it'll take you more than a few minutes to catch up to some of the players online in this game, even if you are good at other shooters. but i tell everyone who asks to give it a try. seriously. as far as contests go, i'm not really sure. ut3 hasn't really caught on too much in that level of play in my knowledge.(but i don't get out much)i do know i can always find a good match regardless of gametype, or how i'm choosing to play that day.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rek View Post
              truth is it'll take you more than a few minutes to catch up to some of the players online in this game, even if you are good at other shooters. but i tell everyone who asks to give it a try. seriously. as far as contests go, i'm not really sure. ut3 hasn't really caught on too much in that level of play in my knowledge.(but i don't get out much)i do know i can always find a good match regardless of gametype, or how i'm choosing to play that day.
              There are no PC tournaments.

              Comment


                #8
                Even the always active for fun ladders (TWL) are shut down, 2k4 lasted longer

                Comment


                  #9
                  You should get it a start playing. This game is a lot of fun. This would be a good time as there are quite a few new players right now also learning how to play.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
                    UT3 plays nothing like GoW, completely different type of game. They just made it look like GoW to cash in on GoW's popularity.
                    Are you serious??? Uh, Unreal has been out many years before GoW was even thought of. BTW, GoW uses the "Unreal" engine.

                    Anyways, it really depends on the type of gameplay your interested in and what your expectations are. DM, Warfare and VCTF are pretty hopping. Plus you have the modibility as long as you have the PC or PS3 version.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      UT3 failed miserably on PC, stick with 2004.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post
                        Are you serious??? Uh, Unreal has been out many years before GoW was even thought of. BTW, GoW uses the "Unreal" engine.
                        UT3 looks more like GOW than 2k4. I think that is what he meant by it. They look very much like the same game. UT99 is to old graphically to really compare.


                        Originally posted by Riddled View Post
                        UT3 failed miserably on PC, stick with 2004.
                        qft

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by brbl8ter View Post
                          Even the always active for fun ladders (TWL) are shut down, 2k4 lasted longer
                          Actually Unreal Gaming League is still going.

                          Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post
                          Are you serious??? Uh, Unreal has been out many years before GoW was even thought of. BTW, GoW uses the "Unreal" engine.
                          He was referring to how UT3 graphically was modeled after GoW, which it certainly seems to have been. Just look at the characters with their huge hulking armor and the grungy washed out look to everything. Then look at previous Unreals where the characters look more normal.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Riddled View Post
                            UT3 failed miserably on PC, stick with 2004.
                            Yeah! Let's go play in a demo server or maybe a Hellbender Race! Who's with me?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                              Actually Unreal Gaming League is still going.
                              The ladders are still there, but look at the "days idle" column. That site, along with most others, was pretty much doa. TWL is typically the most active "for fun ladder" since PG quit, in the US at least, I have not been keeping up on CB as I don't play there anymore.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X