Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

awesome UT3 duel videos on YouTube:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    awesome UT3 duel videos on YouTube:

    The first one:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXz2rwIPE3Y (this is only a 5 min clip, watch this one in HD... excerpt from the match where winner walked away with $30k USD)

    And the second event (complete with shoutcasting, though not uploaded in HD... still great). You can try adding "&fmt=18" onto the end of these to get higher quality versions. The following are a series:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmT4BwVdH6Q (Part 1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNSz0yVfOM (Part 2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFpahMc9cVU (Part 3)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJYKvRCAoE (Part 4)

    I would recommend using a link grabber like keepvid.com to download the higher quality versions from YouTube.

    #2
    WTH. Are all the weapons supposed to look like the rocket launcher.

    Comment


      #3
      UT3's demo playback is buggy as hell and doesn't display the right weapons or use the right sound effects. IGNORE THE GUN YOU SEE, look at the fire or projectile.

      Comment


        #4
        The first one is choppy (low fps) but HD, the second one (the 4-parter) is pretty smooth since its from a video, not a demo.

        EDIT: I'm watching the rest of the second now, this one's got amazing action

        Comment


          #5
          So the pro's don't use the rocket launcher very much huh? Mostly hit scan weapons.

          The rocket launcher seems to be the only thing I can kill anything with.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by iron12 View Post
            So the pro's don't use the rocket launcher very much huh? Mostly hit scan weapons.

            The rocket launcher seems to be the only thing I can kill anything with.
            Actually there was a lot of rocket launcher usage in those vids, especially by hypno. He rocketed gohlink in mid-air on Deck in the second set of videos. Shock combos, rockets, flak, and minigun seemed to be the favorites.

            They almost never used the sniper, but they used the shock combo a lot of course. Their accuracy with the shock primary isn't as good in UT3 as it was in UT200X so they depend less on that too apparently.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Raad11 View Post
              Actually there was a lot of rocket launcher usage in those vids, especially by hypno. He rocketed gohlink in mid-air on Deck in the second set of videos. Shock combos, rockets, flak, and minigun seemed to be the favorites.

              They almost never used the sniper, but they used the shock combo a lot of course. Their accuracy with the shock primary isn't as good in UT3 as it was in UT200X so they depend less on that too apparently.
              Yeah I started on the bottom up and now I see they use a pretty good mix of weapons which I like to see. The last vid made me think it was back to the UT2004 style of play. Good to see the Rockets are back in the mix.

              What is that map?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                Yeah I started on the bottom up and now I see they use a pretty good mix of weapons which I like to see. The last vid made me think it was back to the UT2004 style of play. Good to see the Rockets are back in the mix.

                What is that map?
                DM-Penetrated and DM-Deck.

                Comment


                  #9
                  30k, Oh wow. that is great, I guess it is all Europe.........I see ya hypno.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    30k, Oh wow. that is great, I guess it is all Europe.........I see ya hypno.
                    That was late '07. Soon after money like that wasn't put up for UT3 again because the DM community never took off. The rest of the tourneys were for a few grand.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      bumpity bump.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        thehotcake <3 hypno forever!!!111!1

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
                          thehotcake <3 hypno forever!!!111!1
                          why do you <3 him?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Some idiot from here just commented on one of the videos there saying that they were cheating. :rofl:

                            Comment


                              #15
                              We were playing on LAN so certainly we were not cheating Talking about the i33 final vs gohlink you can actually watch it on a better quality, you just need to go to www.quadv.com register yourself and type this url http://www.quadv.com/ondemand/#/658-...ypno-v-gohlink . I just uploaded it to youtube because some friends wanted to watch it and couldnt be arsed to register on quadv etc etc About the final vs kiLLu you can download the full demo from http://www.unrealnorth.com/demos.php?path=UT3/1on1/ and choose enemydown championship, you have more demos from other events aswell and you might have to register also. hope it was usefull =)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X