Unreal Anthology on sale at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Pop!, of course this is the UT3 forum. For many people, myself included, UT3 is our first exposure to the game series and when something like Unreal Anthology comes out it is cool for us to be able to see and experience what others are talking about when UT3 is compared to this or that older version. You shouldn't view it as a threat to UT3 that others may go off and play an older version.

For myself, I found Unreal unplayable because the mouse up and down were reversed and I couldn't orient my view comfortably. I'm currently in the third trophy stage of UT2 but I find the last couple games/maps in each trophy to be tedious/boring and the sniper view useless. I'll probably go ahead and skip to 2004 and see what it is like, soon.

Nope, I like UT3 but found it interesting to see what came before. Cool tunes and all!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ffrr View Post
    wow... thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a copy of this for £6 inc p+p here in the UK! ... UT3 was also around £10 inc p+p!!!

...question, will these versions have any compatibility issues with Vista 64bit?
    Nope, im using vista 64bit and have no issues at all

Leave a comment:

• replied
    went to eb games and they gave it to me fro free when i bought unreal 3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anthology is good (and a bargain right now), but doesn't include UT3. And this is of course the UT3 forum

Pop!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wilf Brim View Post
    a local Game Stop for $4.99!!! Yep, I snagged one. Anyone know much about it? I haven't installed yet 'till I'm sure I won't have conflicts with my MSUC computer.
    wow... thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a copy of this for £6 inc p+p here in the UK! ... UT3 was also around £10 inc p+p!!!

...question, will these versions have any compatibility issues with Vista 64bit?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have no idea what map mixer is but what i mean is in ut 2k4 the story you physically make your own team by hiring different bots with different attributes with credits you earn from winning matches and can fire them and hire new ones or even do a blood match which lets you "steal" a bot from another team in the tournament if you win.
    Ok I see. I have not played any of the story in UT3, I thought you were describing the instant action part of the game. Thanks for straightening me out. I think i might have to look for this set and see what i have been missing with the earlier releases of UT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want mapmixer like qualitys try Unreal Tournament.

For Single Player I'd have to say Unreal. Unreal has some serious atmosphere in it. Like it just looks and feels dark and creepy.

If your computer can play UT3 at all make sure you crank the graphics right up! All the games in Unreal Anthology look really nice with the graphics cranked. I bought it for $20 and considered it a real bargin, even though I still have Unreal and UT2k4 on disc.

The cool thing to do with those is to play a remake of a level for UT3, then play the original. It's amazing how close or how much different, people make the remakes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TONY[-TOC-] View Post
    If you would not mind, could you explain this a little more for me. Im using mapmixer for UT3 and I can pick which bots (including all the custom characters, as well as seeing what their attributes are) go on which team. Do the old titles allow you do more or does the mapmixer give you the same freedom as the older versions of UT?
    I have no idea what map mixer is but what i mean is in ut 2k4 the story you physically make your own team by hiring different bots with different attributes with credits you earn from winning matches and can fire them and hire new ones or even do a blood match which lets you "steal" a bot from another team in the tournament if you win.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but 2k4 is pretty fun because u can make your own team instead of just using the junky bots u get in ut3 lol
    If you would not mind, could you explain this a little more for me. Im using mapmixer for UT3 and I can pick which bots (including all the custom characters, as well as seeing what their attributes are) go on which team. Do the old titles allow you do more or does the mapmixer give you the same freedom as the older versions of UT?

Leave a comment:

• replied

play them all. it's worth it.
    hopefully, you'll see why people take this game this serious around here...

i was introduced to this game on a mac it was unreal tournament. i hadn't played it's genesis, though, Unreal. which by most accounts, is wonderful. for it's campaigns, and multiplayer.

blah blah
    have a nice day and hope to see you out there!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So far i only played ut3 and ut 2k4 (however i might have played this first a long time ago but im not 100% sure) but 2k4 is pretty fun because u can make your own team instead of just using the junky bots u get in ut3 lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which of the UT had the best single player game play?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got it a few days ago when i got my copy of ut3 and i haven't had any problems with it and works perfectly except all the servers in ut2k4 are complete junk (from what i seen) but singleplayer is fun as hell and the music cd that came with i washappy was in there cause the unreal music owns

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Unreal Anthology on sale at

Unreal Anthology on sale at

a local Game Stop for $4.99!!! Yep, I snagged one. Anyone know much about it? I haven't installed yet 'till I'm sure I won't have conflicts with my MSUC computer.
Working...
X