Precaching screen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precaching screen...

Do you know how to disable or make the Precaching screen invisible? I suppose it could be edited with the Editor, but since the Editor is unable to save the files, it seems pretty useless to me.

You mean the map loading screens?
    If yes, then try to disable the videos.

For example: You modify your UT3 shortcut "C:\Programs\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -novideos

Try it.
    If it was the right command, then you won't see any screens during the loading time.
    Only unimportant text.

Greets

Comment

If you mean the loading screens like nightmare said, i think it would be dumb to remove them because i enjoy having them and i learned quite a few tips and things you can do from it (like the rocket launcher spiral and grenade thing) but im sure you have your reasons lol

Comment

Do we have the same game? when I start a single player offline game I can see a screen with a message in latin (always the same) saying Lorem ipsum etc. Fortunatelly, using MapMixer, that useless message is no longer displayed. What I still can see is (after the message in latin) is a black screen with red text where you can read 'prechacing...' That's the screen I meant.

Comment

Googling I've just found out that:

'if you use -nostartupmovie in the UT3 shortcut, that placeholder shows up (meaning the screen in latin).
          So just use a // in front of them in UTEngine.ini'

Actually, I have disabled movies. Anyway, since that screen doesn't show up with MapMixer, it's no longer a problem.

Comment

I think I understood it
            Sometimes, I also see these messages.
            However, only for a very short time.
            They seem indeed very senseless.
            These messages come between the map menu and the map loading screen.
            (Grey background and white textes? I forgot it)

Greets

Comment

wat movies where there are rockets??? i dont have any of those and i never mess with ini's. i gought mine from the box not online. maybe that has something to do with movies

Comment

Definitelly, using -nostartupmovie in the shortcut properties has several effects which you may not like. I mentioned the problem with the screen in latin, which should definitelly be there. I thought the precaching screen had nothing to do with this, and thought it was part of the game, but no way. When I have removed the -nostartupmovie, now I have the map presentation screens with tips (much better!). Actually, I had never seen these screens before, because the first thing I did before I even load a map was to follow a configuration guide. My advice is: if you want to get rid of the startup movies, the most easy way is to delete or rename the .bik files in utgame/movies, but not all, only the startup movies. You can easily identify them because their names are evident: ...logo.bik, nvidia, copyright, etc.

Comment

I think you should have written that you just want to delete the intro-movies^^
                  Then we definitely could have said you how to delete them easily^^
                  Ok, now you know it

Greets

Comment

Working...
                  X