Advice for Warfare n00bs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for Warfare n00bs

Before jumping into a online game play against the AI in "Instant Action", that is a great way to learn:

1. Orb running.
    2. Vehicle use.
    3. Weapon use.
    4. General gameplay skills.
    5. Map navigation.

Originally posted by MurdaOne View Post
    Before jumping into a online game play against the AI in "Instant Action", that is a great way to learn:

1. Orb running.
    2. Vehicle use.
    3. Weapon use.
    4. General gameplay skills.
    5. Map navigation.
    1. The AI sucks at Orb Running, you learn effective orb running from watching other people online.

2. Half the uses of the vehicles aren't explained, I learned more about vehicles from these forums than I ever did in-game.

3. You can beat the AI and still suck with weapons, especially if your start to pick up on the AI patterns. Again, watching people online then practicing online > playing with bots offline.

4. Same as above but replace "weapons" with "General gameplay skills"

5. Same as 3, but replace "weapons" with "Map navigation"

Comment

Best advice for Warfare Noobs

Get a mic!

Comment

Makes you wonder at what stage in development the orb was added in the attempt to end the, stalemate in ONS problem. Maybe they didn't have enough time to really tweak the AI for bot orb running ?

As for the orb's inclusion itself, imho it only works well with big teams, in say a 5 vs 5 match I don't think it brings anything good, other than letting teams snatch often undeserved victories. For example, with Torlan you may be stuck at the other side of the map, insta cap of your prime- and your core is history by the time you get back and destroy the node. Yes, I know it's the same for both teams -a lottery. I think the orb should only come in when teams reach a certain number per side, that is to say ... there's a risk of deadlock.

Comment

heres a good one YOUR ORB DOES NOT BELONG AT THE ENEMY CORE

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
            heres a good one YOUR ORB DOES NOT BELONG AT THE ENEMY CORE
            Yeah real depressing to see that in a close game, especially when the map you're playing is Islander and you're on the vehicle side

Comment

I remeber the 1st time I played warfare, I joined a GoW server. I had no idea of what I was doin and I ended getting booted. Thats when I knew I was gonna learn warfare jus so I could get back at whoever booted me. Anyways played through the campaign 2 learn the maps and basics, so imo thats where new ppl should start b4 going online.Or watch utube videos.

Comment

Don't destroy abandoned enemy vehicles, hijack them (applies to VCTF too).

Comment

Originally posted by THC620 View Post
                  I remeber the 1st time I played warfare, I joined a GoW server. I had no idea of what I was doin and I ended getting booted. Thats when I knew I was gonna learn warfare jus so I could get back at whoever booted me. Anyways played through the campaign 2 learn the maps and basics, so imo thats where new ppl should start b4 going online.Or watch utube videos.
                  Booting someone from (presumably) a pub server because they're new and don't know how to play? That's uncool. Fortunately, most servers have admins which won't boot people because they're n00bs.

I reckon new players should more or less jump straight online. Things might seem confusing at first but after observing what other players do and taking on board advice that you're given occasionally, you'll get the hang of it. Further, most players will head for the game winning objectives (capping nodes, attacking cores, etc) so if a new player focuses on fragging enemy players, they'll simultaneously develop combat skills and learn what helps their team win the game.

Comment

if they can frag well, they would make a great node holder anyway, so skill there is handy in that role.

Comment

Originally posted by PcX_BAIN View Post
                      Don't destroy abandoned enemy vehicles, hijack them (applies to VCTF too).
                      Feel free to destroy enemy vehicles which haven't been used yet and are sitting at their spawn points (if you have time). They're locked until the enemy gets into them anyway.

Comment

Warfare Etiquette for Beginners and A beginners guide to WAR-TankCrossing

Here are 2 prior threads I posted as Warfare guides for beginners.

Warfare Etiquette for Beginners (Warfare Guide for Beginners)

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610930

and this 2nd one, of which much is applicable to all Warfare matches

A beginners guide to WAR-TankCrossing

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613140

Those were pretty long threads as such. Lots of good info in those threads, many top players posted informative replies in both these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by THC620 View Post
                          Don't worry man, GoW is lame! Play on warfare servers like: UMG, T5k, puB, and BGE. Good luck and hit me up if you want me to teach you some tricks of warfare.

Comment

Another word of advice, if the warfare match you are in is a good match, I advice you to stay away from picking up the orb. Only time I get mad at a "n00b" is when they pick up the orb and start wandering to the other side of the map, normally to the enemy core.

Instant action is good for learning a map, like where to go and what weapons/vehicles are located where. I would agree with Tailsnake and say the best way to learn to learn how to actually play warfare is to go in a match and spectate a good player. Pick up moves they do or routes they like to take. Every player has his own style of playing, so by watching a lot of players you can develop your own. Happy fragging

Comment

Another good tip (if it hasn't been covered yet)
                              Spectate the better players. The greatest teacher I've found is spectate mode and watching the top scoring players. They always have their bag of tricks in play.
                              Then go try to emulate those moves in an instant action round. In UT99 I started out using instant action with bots on their lowest setting so I could get used to the trick I was trying to learn and then slowly raised the level of difficulty. In no time flat I was fraggin' hard core like the rest of them...all thanks to spectating and a willingness to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X