Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad lighting, particle etc effects (weapons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad lighting, particle etc effects (weapons)

I don't know if anyone has already complained about this but there's something very shocking with the graphics in this game. They're are really impressive, but have you noticed how poor and simple the explosions and lightning effects of the weapons look like? For instance, the explosion of the rocket launcher is so simple and artificial. There are no particles, no smoke or something that makes it look like a real explosion. Same with other weapons. Is there anything wrong with my setup? Is there a way to fix this? Maybe someone has released a patch or mutator to improve this?

I dont have any problems with the lightning effects.

And what do you mean with bad lightning and particle effects?
    What's the exactly problem?

greets

Comment

i dont have any problems either,the lighting affects are stunning for me

Comment

only annoying lighting effect is the stupid flash from an exploding deemer which blinds you from a fair distance away and around corners..

Comment

The particle effects all look pretty impressive to me, especially with the "Kills slow time" mutator.

Comment

my only problem with particles is that I wish they were used to make the portals instead of that flat, hardware hungry image, that does the wierd "face player at all times rotation thing" when you hover above it...

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
              I don't know if anyone has already complained about this but there's something very shocking with the graphics in this game. They're are really impressive, but have you noticed how poor and simple the explosions and lightning effects of the weapons look like? For instance, the explosion of the rocket launcher is so simple and artificial. There are no particles, no smoke or something that makes it look like a real explosion. Same with other weapons. Is there anything wrong with my setup? Is there a way to fix this? Maybe someone has released a patch or mutator to improve this?
              Try the heatray physx and lighthouse maps. Huge improvements in the particle effects of the weapons expecially the rocket launcher and stinger. It's just kind of lame there's no way to use those "improved" weapons in other maps...

Comment

Deemer

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
                only annoying lighting effect is the stupid flash from an exploding deemer which blinds you from a fair distance away and around corners..
                Yes that sucks. Exceptionally if your in a fight and then a deemer explodes anywhere.

Comment

I have the same problem and now it has been sorted!

Comment

What's your GPU Stormrider?

Comment

Working...
                    X