Failed Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed Installation

I just received the game and was performing the installation.
    Then in the middle of the installation I somehow managed to abort it so only some of the game was installed. I then tried to install it again but it keeps coming up with a "1628 failed to install the game error message".
    I then went into edit/remove programs and tried to perform an unistall but then it also comes up with that message.
    So my question is if anyone knows how i can remove the datas already installed so I can install the game properly. I have tried to follow some instructions and deleted my temp files and reg files. I have also searched my harddisk for other ut 3 files but haven't been able to find any directores or files from the game.

I googled your error message and found this on this website. http://crysiseu.com/index.php?option...d=2705&lang=en

"Problem #10 : 1628: Failed to complete installation

Soltution A : do a registry search for Unreal Tournament 3 and delete all the keys in there that is related to UT3. Look for
    reference in the registry to an application data folder for UT3 under my user folder in my documents and delete them.

Solution B : For anyone still having this problem, simply perform a System Restore to a date prior to installing UT3 and
    try again. That can easily be done by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore."

So I guess its time for you to try the System Restore. Good luck

Comment

Yeah I have tried that but for some reason I get a message saying something like "Failed to perform System Restore" after restart.

Comment

Managed to perform a system restore in safe mode.
        Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Haha np dude. Happy fragging, you might run into me on a warfare server sometime.

Comment

Working...
          X