Xbox360: no ranked games whatsoever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox360: no ranked games whatsoever?

I can never find any ranked matches for UT3 on my 360.. when I select any form of ranked match it always says none found, but I never have any trouble getting a player match to join.
    The problem with these is they usually have bots playing, which kind of defeats the purpose of online play.

Does no one play ranked UT matches on the 360? Or am I missing something..

Yeah, everyone just does Player Matches. There aren't any dedicated ranked servers, and the player base is pretty small. You could always host one and see if anyone shows up; or try to organize something on a forum.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, defiantly clears it up that its not just me.
      Wow though, no ranked matches.. thats pretty fail. Though with the recent gears 2 multiplayer fiasco its what I'm beginning to expect from Epic. Will certainly be holding off before buying any more games made by them.

Is there even a way to find player matches that you can be sure aren't using mutators / bots?

Comment

Originally posted by brk3 View Post
        Thanks for the reply, defiantly clears it up that its not just me.
        Wow though, no ranked matches.. thats pretty fail. Though with the recent gears 2 multiplayer fiasco its what I'm beginning to expect from Epic. Will certainly be holding off before buying any more games made by them.

Is there even a way to find player matches that you can be sure aren't using mutators / bots?
        UT3 PS3 has the option to see the detais of the match before you enter. I haven't seen it on the 360. suks ***

Comment

Is there even a way to find player matches that you can be sure aren't using mutators / bots?[/QUOTE]

To a degree. Any Midway server won't have Mutators switched on but will have bots. Join a reasonably full server and there won't be too many bots, if any at all....

Comment

Originally posted by brk3 View Post
            When selecting match type, etc. it lets you choose whether you want to find a pure server, no pure server, or any. A pure server is one without mutators. And when the list of servers comes up, you can see how many people are playing. Just choose the one with the highest number, and you will have least bots.

Comment

yea man there is not that many people on the 360 it is just the select few to take up the challenge but we only really play on player servers

Comment

Working...
              X