• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SC`Zombie View Post
    why play warfare? play TDM/DM/Duels.

It's way better.
    Thank you for your very useful information.
    We will all stop to play Warfare as of now because DM/TDM/Duels are way better as you said.
    Thank you for opening our eyes!

I hope all of your other posts are at least as useful as this one...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    In Warfare/vCTF yes. With spiders, titans and vehicles, especially. It's as annoying as matches that last less than 5min due to imbalance.

Though I've learnt my lesson. Simply don't play public warfare games. Not worth the hassle.
    Not true all the time because span killer are just vehicule lamer and they are easy to kill, there s all the time a way for kill them quickly and easly
    Massive spawn killing is just impossible to play because it get on ur nerv and there s not lot of way out(just quick voting or quick/ban)
    And as azur i don t play titan anymore for have no heart attack

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Benfica View Post
    What else do you (and other guys) consider lame and cheap? Spawn killing?
    In Warfare/vCTF yes. With spiders, titans and vehicles, especially. It's as annoying as matches that last less than 5min due to imbalance.

Though I've learnt my lesson. Simply don't play public warfare games. Not worth the hassle.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why play warfare? play TDM/DM/Duels.

It's way better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by coolcat22
    by Benfica
    To be an exploit, there must be a rendering or collision problem. Where is it?Again, what's the problem?

simple play fair or dont play at all
    that stuff you can do with bots
    If you read my posts, you will see that I'm not defending it's use, but surely asking for justifications why it is attacked. I don't bother to do stuff that is considered gray-area and unpopular, but I also don't like unwritten rules or scrub-like restrictions.
    Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd
    Even if it's not an "exploit", it's beyond lame and cheap.
    What else do you (and other guys) consider lame and cheap? Spawn killing, LOD tweaks, hardware macros, variable mouse sensivity ...?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As i said before, if it's not bot pathed chances are you aren't intended to be there.

Such as behind the core in downtown.

Even if it's not an "exploit", it's beyond lame and cheap. It's not like it's hard to shoot the core without dying quickly anyway

Leave a comment:

• replied
    by Benfica
    To be an exploit, there must be a rendering or collision problem. Where is it?Again, what's the problem?

simple play fair or dont play at all
    that stuff you can do with bots

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which is a custom map, where the author decided to disable it. He considered it as an exploit, but I'm yet to see the true reason.
    Wrong.
    Downtown Necris is an official map which was made by Epic.
    Don't confuse it with crazy's and bio's map.

I can't verify that myself atm, but I don't see how the player can't jump over the core or fit behind the core
    Don't focus too much on this thing.
    Just take the time and look how other maps were made.
    Then you will see that it was not the mapper's wish that players camp behind the core.
    I can't prove it 100%, but since Downtown Necris (Epic's map ) has invisible blocking volumes, I guess it was forgotten on the normal Downtown.

You can say the same about tanks at the Islander air node.
    Okay that's a complicated thing.
    There are many such positions on Islander.
    But we could list plenty of positions on any maps, just think about Torlan's tank spawnkilling and so on.
    Those things are lame in my opinion, but they aren't exploits.
    Nah, you can't simplify this that way.
    Maps usually need invisible blocking volumes.
    That's the way to prevent players from being able to reach positions which just must not be reached.
    One of these things is the core on Downtown.

I think these topics can be endless discussed, but let's say you have your opinion and I have mine

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In my opinion banning the tank on dt prime has less to do with whether or not it's an exploit (lot's of things that are 'exploits' are allowed) and more to do with the fact that it's game-breaking. As others have already pointed out, once the tank is up there it's nearly impossible to kill, giving the enemy team no chance of a comeback.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nightmare85
    Because it is not possible on Downtown Necris.
    Which is a custom map, where the author decided to disable it. He considered it as an exploit, but I'm yet to see the true reason.

A player can fit on many places where he isn't supposed to be.
    It is very difficult for a mapper to check everything.
    I can't verify that myself atm, but I don't see how the player can't jump over the core or fit behind the core

Usually (on public), 9 players just watch the guy and 1 player kills him.
    Everything can be easily countered if you know how to do it.
    You can say the same about tanks at the Islander air node.

To be an exploit, there must be a rendering or collision problem. Where is it?
    Originally posted by Pemphigus
    Yeah but exploiting map bug is lame as tank camping in prime and all thing as it.
    Again, what's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pemphigus View Post
    Yeah but exploiting map bug is lame as tank camping in prime and all thing as it. For exemple it s just impossible to kill the tank in prime without the deemer or the det pack
    I've taken them out with flak/link. You just need to do it when the rest of your team is busy being tards and walking through the front entrance (thus distracting the driver).

tbh one tank camping that area is easier to deal with than 3 or 4 titans camping there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I fully agree with you.
    Yes, it's difficult because it's an unwanted position for vehicles.

However, I think it balances out.
    Sometimes you play against a lamer, but sometimes you have a lamer in your team

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post

As I said some posts ago:
    Don't consider it as a cheat.
    Exploit is the correct word.

Cheers!
    Yeah but exploiting map bug is lame as tank camping in prime and all thing as it. For exemple it s just impossible to kill the tank in prime without the deemer or the det pack

Leave a comment:

• replied
    About the core on Downtown. Sorry for my ignorance, please explain me ...
    No problem.
    - how can you be sure that the map designer didn't have that trick in mind? Did he talk about it?
    Because it is not possible on Downtown Necris.
    - how is it cheating if the player can fit there, i.e. if there are no collision problems?
    A player can fit on many places where he isn't supposed to be.
    It is very difficult for a mapper to check everything.
    - how is it "lame" if it can be easily countered?
    Usually (on public), 9 players just watch the guy and 1 player kills him.
    Everything can be easily countered if you know how to do it.
    And the guys who use such exploits don't use them properly if you ask me.
    I bet if I would use some of them you would not be able to kill me that fast^^
    (But I never use such things - so let's ignore this "bet"^^)

As I said some posts ago:
    Don't consider it as a cheat.
    Exploit is the correct word.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    About the core on Downtown. Sorry for my ignorance, please explain me ...

- how can you be sure that the map designer didn't have that trick in mind? Did he talk about it?
    - how is it cheating if the player can fit there, i.e. if there are no collision problems?
    - how is it "lame" if it can be easily countered?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X