Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Infra` View Post
    Exploiting a map glitch is considered cheating. In this case, the map was designed for you not to be able to get back there. Just because we found a loop hole and can get back there, doesn't mean it is allowed. It's hard for me to tell who you guys are, because most competitive (clan) players on this forum has a different nick, but that exploit is considered cheating in the matches. It really falls under the unwritten "use common sense" rule of Unreal, but then again a lot of the old classy rules are fading out (no spawn camping/raping, allow your opponent to grab a weapon...)
    very well said

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Infra` View Post
    (no spawn camping/raping, allow your opponent to grab a weapon...)
    I guess I'm just not classy. Last I heard, spawn rapage, even before a weapon is picked up, is perfectly acceptable in clan matches.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exploiting a map glitch is considered cheating. In this case, the map was designed for you not to be able to get back there. Just because we found a loop hole and can get back there, doesn't mean it is allowed. It's hard for me to tell who you guys are, because most competitive (clan) players on this forum has a different nick, but that exploit is considered cheating in the matches. It really falls under the unwritten "use common sense" rule of Unreal, but then again a lot of the old classy rules are fading out (no spawn camping/raping, allow your opponent to grab a weapon...)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phalanx View Post
    i just use the paladin and blast em with the shield explosion lol, also very handy for blowing up incoming stuff lol
    That's clever, I never thought to do that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it's just allowed, it's hard to get there with the jumpboots and you should be rewarded for those 5-10 behind the cores till the grenades come

Grenades are instant dead. Rockets spawn in lockers, so what is the problem??
    Anyway the pala should be defending the entrance and make it already impossible to get in. The rest should spend their time attacking to get the node back.

Attack is the best defence.
    Not losing your prime is always better :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks everyone, I promise not to do it again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not cheating, it's just lame. I remember reading a poll somewhere about what gamers hate the most. The first two were:

1. Getting hung up on geometry
    2. Lamers using map exploits

IMO if it's in the game it's technically not cheating no matter how lame it is. Cheating would be using hax/aimbots/etc and anything else outside the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i just use the paladin and blast em with the shield explosion lol, also very handy for blowing up incoming stuff lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was always made to believe it was a glitch and using it was cheating, I don't know whether it is a glitch but I prefer to attack the core with a redeemer or failing that on foot from positions that I can be shot at.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Take your primary node back. Its the best defence against any core attack.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not really I think.
    Using bugs/glitches = bug-user/glitcher.
    Cheater is something like aimbot, wallhack etc.

But I guess everyone has his own opinion about this.

Greets

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i thought exploiting bugs was known as cheating...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phalanx View Post
    so you kill a guy behind a corw how? you cant do it with anything other then paladin and helbender probably
    Grenades should be pretty effective.

Greets

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so.. other than jumping into the area yourself, how do you effictively counter the core-whores?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's only cheating if your not on my team, which you (PCX_Bain) seem to be quite often, thankfully. Keep playing with me, I'm tired of losing haha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X