Cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
    In my opinion, one of the biggest problem is the ping.
    High ping (100+, but sometimes even less) and shock combos is a tricky thing.
    I should have mentioned this... you eventually get to a point where the simple combos can be done without even thinking about it. I can regularly (for an example) combo the shock spawn on Heatray while going off the jump pad to 50armor @ 250ping. I have toyed around on a few foreign DM servers and made people leave because "I'm doing the impossible".

In reality it's quite easy... It's the exact same movement every single time, nothing ever changes. You can do it at ANY ping if you just ignore the visual and go by memory.

Comment

Okay, it's not an impossible thing.
      It needs training.
      But sometimes the ping really varies.
      If it would always be the same ping, I could memory the space between the visible shock core and the actual shock core.
      Furthermore, the ping even varies during 1 match.

Cheers!

Comment

Okay, it's not an impossible thing.
        It needs training.
        But sometimes the ping really varies.
        If it would always be the same ping, I could memory the space between the visible shock core and the actual shock core.
        Furthermore, the ping even varies during 1 match.

Cheers!
        for me the ping seems to change......so its not constant.......and don't forget the packet loss.......this is on servers away from north america

Comment

Yeah, and don't forget about this:
          Sometimes shock cores simply don't come out.
          This also happens if there aren't any package losses.
          (I often check net stat.)
          You shoot an enemy, who is on the hoverboard, and he comes off.
          Then you want to combo him, and your shock core doesn't come out.
          He stands up and shoots a Rocket into your face^^
          (Happens very barely, but it can make a player very angry )

Cheers!

Comment

Yeah, and don't forget about this:
            Sometimes shock cores simply don't come out.
            This also happens if there aren't any package losses.
            (I often check net stat.)
            You shoot an enemy, who is on the hoverboard, and he comes off.
            Then you want to combo him, and your shock core doesn't come out.
            He stands up and shoots a Rocket into your face^^

Cheers!

lol, that happens to me alot on eu servers

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
              Logistically it doesn't make sense to use a keybind to do a combo. It's just RMB then LMB anyway, there's not much to it. You should start by just doing standing combos. Fire a shock core and DO NOT MOVE your view. Fire a shock beam and you cannot miss if you DID NOT MOVE because the LOS is already lined up. Then you can start doing them while moving straight forward or backwards without moving your view. Over time you can start practicing moving just a little left or right after firing the shock ball. Eventually you'll get a good feel for it.

I think people are shocked because you are the head admin of the entire UT3 FN community and you are asking a very strange question. Just ask one of us in Vent sometime man and we'll teach you how to do combos. It's a lot easier to get started off with a buddy showing you in game.
              Well I am not the best player in the world but my personal DM skills have nothing with being able to admin a game. Also as admin I can take shoots where as newer people that are too scared to ask the question would rather not take the attacks some people in the community dish out so I was asking on behalf of someone anyway.

I am not very good at combo's as many people know, but on the flip there are only a handful of people that have more DW kills than I do....

Comment

Shock combos are really hard for me, as well. My personal tactic is to run forward, shoot a core, and immediately fire primary as quick as possible. I time it around corners just in case.

Sure, it's nothing like the crazy dodge combos you see from other people, but it's a start.

Comment

Cheers!
                  It make me often angry !!!!!!

Comment

Understandable^^

Another strange thing:
                    When you feign death and stand up, it can happen that your character will move reversely.
                    That's especially annoying when you want to pick your Orb^^

Cheers!

Comment

Understandable^^

Another strange thing:
                      When you feign death and stand up, it can happen that your character will move reversely.
                      That's especially annoying when you want to pick your Orb^^

Cheers!
                      This one has an explanation totally unrelated to packet loss. When you're ragdolling, this is calculated clientside for displaying it. So there can be a mismatch between where the server thinks you are and where you're drawn. This has to be corrected when you get up.

This also causes those misses where you fire at an opponent that is lying down and not moving, still you miss. He's slightly displaced on the server side then.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post

I am not very good at combo's as many people know, but on the flip there are only a handful of people that have more DW kills than I do....
                        My Favorite DW ***** for sure

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                          This one has an explanation totally unrelated to packet loss. When you're ragdolling, this is calculated clientside for displaying it. So there can be a mismatch between where the server thinks you are and where you're drawn. This has to be corrected when you get up.

This also causes those misses where you fire at an opponent that is lying down and not moving, still you miss. He's slightly displaced on the server side then.
                          Good to know although I did not mean it's a packet loss issue

Cheers!

Comment

About the core on Downtown. Sorry for my ignorance, please explain me ...

- how can you be sure that the map designer didn't have that trick in mind? Did he talk about it?
                            - how is it cheating if the player can fit there, i.e. if there are no collision problems?
                            - how is it "lame" if it can be easily countered?

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                              About the core on Downtown. Sorry for my ignorance, please explain me ...
                              No problem.
                              - how can you be sure that the map designer didn't have that trick in mind? Did he talk about it?
                              Because it is not possible on Downtown Necris.
                              - how is it cheating if the player can fit there, i.e. if there are no collision problems?
                              A player can fit on many places where he isn't supposed to be.
                              It is very difficult for a mapper to check everything.
                              - how is it "lame" if it can be easily countered?
                              Usually (on public), 9 players just watch the guy and 1 player kills him.
                              Everything can be easily countered if you know how to do it.
                              And the guys who use such exploits don't use them properly if you ask me.
                              I bet if I would use some of them you would not be able to kill me that fast^^
                              (But I never use such things - so let's ignore this "bet"^^)

As I said some posts ago:
                              Don't consider it as a cheat.
                              Exploit is the correct word.

Cheers!

Comment

As I said some posts ago:
                                Don't consider it as a cheat.
                                Exploit is the correct word.

Cheers!
                                Yeah but exploiting map bug is lame as tank camping in prime and all thing as it. For exemple it s just impossible to kill the tank in prime without the deemer or the det pack

Comment

Working...
                                X