Cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ct.outlaw2 View Post
    its cheating if outlaw isnt doing it whats up bain i been tryin to get a hold of anyone my cell is 12O3 85O 6673 gimme a call
    [shot]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg[/shot]

Comment

@The Demon Slick:
      I think I know what you mean.
      As soon as the shock combo was made, the new shock ball should come out.
      (At least this makes sense.)
      With the Logitech software this is not possible as far as I know...

@bclagge:
      Drugs

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
        It would be possible to set several dodges on 1 key.
        However, I don't see much sense in it.
        First it would be difficult for the macro user to hit an enemy.
        Second it is not really faster than doing it with WASD (or arrows).
        And this is a good example how players could die because of their own macros.
        (Cliffs, bad-luck because they face a rocket etc.)
        I really think macros which make the character uncontrollable are just ****...

Cheers!
        A perfectly timed double jump wall dodge would be very useful to get certain powerups. For example, the UDamage on Deck and Turbine. Macros may not be reliable for combat, but it would help in reaching certain places that require good timing.

But I guess I could live with that. I just now realize how multiple dodges in a macro won't really give you an edge in combat. (Mostly because of disorientation, bad luck from cliffs, etc.)

Comment

Does anyone know the exact wording to set a keybind for the shock combo?

I find I cant do a standing shock ball and shoot the primary fire (with me spamming my primary fire button) as many other people that seem to shot the combo in less time and less distance.

For instance I have a G5 mouse (no 850 nice buttons on the side for extra binds) I only have the left click, right click (primary and alt fire) middle wheel (for up and down switch of weapons) and a thumb button (which I use for speaking on vent for mic activation which I have as bound as left control in logitech software.)

I do have the sensitivity buttons up and down on the top, but only use them to adjust sensitivity on the fly from vehicle use (for slow moving turrets) to on foot use for DM work.

So I am not even sure which button I would use for the quick 1 button combo?!?!

Comment

CC, are you joking?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
              Does anyone know the exact wording to set a keybind for the shock combo?

I find I cant do a standing shock ball and shoot the primary fire (with me spamming my primary fire button) as many other people that seem to shot the combo in less time and less distance.

For instance I have a G5 mouse (no 850 nice buttons on the side for extra binds) I only have the left click, right click (primary and alt fire) middle wheel (for up and down switch of weapons) and a thumb button (which I use for speaking on vent for mic activation which I have as bound as left control in logitech software.)

I do have the sensitivity buttons up and down on the top, but only use them to adjust sensitivity on the fly from vehicle use (for slow moving turrets) to on foot use for DM work.

So I am not even sure which button I would use for the quick 1 button combo?!?!
              You cant be serious about that admin thing in your sig...

Comment

gtfo......

Comment

What I was getting at is that I have seen some players shoot shock combos fast while jumping in the air and dodging to a side faster than I can while I am in a straight line.

I am a RL, Flack, bio player more than a Shock user when I play, that is all. I dont practice them a lot.

So if there were those players that have a keybind that allows them to do it faster while doing other things like jump and turn, etc, then it would be helpful.

As for those comments, maybe I am joking.... maybe many newer players have found that many UT3 players are actually not that helpful to the "noobs" of the community since they get bashed for asking simple questions. They dont know, they ask a simple thing and people bash them for it. Perhaps I have been contacted by someone that does not want to get responses directly to them like you have just made to me ...

Is there anyone out there that knows the answer to my question?

As for my sig... I am listing places to go to find other UT3 players, UT3 match videos, find UT3 pug's...... resources for the community.

As for Crazy's comment... yeah I already got out and I am back in again... lol.

Comment

You can only pull a combo off as fast as the recharge time is to shoot a primary after a core. The only thing that will affect how long it takes other then that is your ability to line it up and click.

players that use them can do that much faster, a keybind wouldn't be much use, as it will shoot but without a guaranteed hit, which means you'd be even slower on hitting the combo as youd have two recharge times.

Comment

k, thanks.

That is all that is needed.

Comment

Logistically it doesn't make sense to use a keybind to do a combo. It's just RMB then LMB anyway, there's not much to it. You should start by just doing standing combos. Fire a shock core and DO NOT MOVE your view. Fire a shock beam and you cannot miss if you DID NOT MOVE because the LOS is already lined up. Then you can start doing them while moving straight forward or backwards without moving your view. Over time you can start practicing moving just a little left or right after firing the shock ball. Eventually you'll get a good feel for it.

I think people are shocked because you are the head admin of the entire UT3 FN community and you are asking a very strange question. Just ask one of us in Vent sometime man and we'll teach you how to do combos. It's a lot easier to get started off with a buddy showing you in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                          Because we have discussed this topic:
                          [shot]http://pics.computerbase.de/2/7/1/6/7/7.jpg[/shot]

Just lol!!

Cheers!
                          "play UT without the keyboard!"

Comment

The sheer fact that he's open minded makes him a better administrator than 98% of the people out there, myself included. I would much prefer that, than an admin who simply claimed players were doing the impossible...

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                            It's a lot easier to get started off with a buddy showing you in game.
                            It really doesn't make a difference. The only thing you will learn from is practice - that said, the easiest way is UTComp warmup with unlimited shock ammo.

Combo's aren't easy. Sure, many players can dodge combo and do combos while going off a jump plate, but that's not a real game. That's an unrealistic scenario with no variables. Only once you start landing combos while playing - by this I mean land combos that are not setup correctly, land combos while being knocked off your path by an opponent - then you have learned. Without a random error-causing variable (opponent) in the equation you haven't learned much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shino View Post
                              "play UT without the keyboard!"
                              thats my new mouse shino......had it for a few weeks now...too bad no one plays unreal now ....LOL

Comment

In my opinion, one of the biggest problem is the ping.
                                High ping (100+, but sometimes even less) and shock combos is a tricky thing.

However, you needn't to stand completely still anyway.
                                Run backwards!
                                It is better than nothing and it helps against Link Gun secondary fire.
                                (Also against other attacks.)
                                But it's better to make it on streets (or any plane surfaces) like on Downtown.
                                Any cliffs etc. will make it difficult.
                                And of course it does not work if your enemy is metres under you.

Or you run sidewards.
                                Shoot the shock core, run sidewards right and left again to aim at the shock core again.
                                This also works in many situations.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X