Clear All

• replied
    Because we have discussed this topic:
    [shot]http://pics.computerbase.de/2/7/1/6/7/7.jpg[/shot]

Just lol!!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Jumping over the core in DT map and hiding there is an exploit yes, cheating no.

It is hard to get him killed but if he runs out of ammo, then he is stuck and has to suicide to get out most times.

I have seen exploits on another map where someone can jump up the invisible wall and all the way to the top of the sky and "sit" in mid air and shoot people while others cant shoot him unless you find the exact hole he got through. Same on another map where you get underneath the map and shoot up and you cant even be seen. These are all exploits, annoying as heck and makes a lot of people mad.

I have outlawed any exploit uses from ladder matches at FraggedNation. That means no one may use the core exploit on DT, or getting the tank into the prime nodes over the barricades. If anyone does then it is a case for penalties and if done more than a few times it is an auto loss for the team doing it.

As for cheats, that means people modifying the actual code of the game on their machine either by third party application or similar and having 100% hit accuracy even when they are not facing the target (i.e. aim bot) or cant be killed (god hack) or speed hack where you cant catch them ever. THOSE are cheats.

There were ways to alter settings to make the shade visible and the sand storms stop, but EPIC fixed those exploits mostly.

But if you are playing in public servers and some one jumps behind the core, which happens, you are just going to have to deal with it. If some one is hacking or botting, report it here to an admin and it will be dealt with. Does not hurt to get screenshots and proof.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Modern gaming mouses and gaming keyboards support macros - that's why I said hardware.
    My G9 mouse has 9 buttons.
    Binding weapon switches to some mouse buttons is an advantage.
    It often saves my life.

Macros' functions are simple:
    You set your commands to one key.
    I only use(d) it for the Avril bug.
    The key's setting was:
    [8] 0,01 sec pause [8] 0,01 sec pause [G]
    So, now explained for "normal" humans (no offense).
    I shoot an Avril and I press this mouse button (mouse wheel right).
    If I have a Rocket Launcher, it quickly switches to the RL which is 8.
    (Twice 8 because of the Avril bug which was introduced by 2.0 beta 3.)
    If I don't have an RL, it switches to the nearest weapon (Flak, Stinger etc.)
    So, you see it's not only a software matter but also a hardware matter.
    And as said: I bet many players die because of their macros because they can quickly lose the track of them.
    I have not used any other macros so far.
    (They are more common for games like World of Warcraft - but I don't play them.)

We still have different opinions about cheating:
    These exploits are usable for players and the game provides them.
    Players don't need any "tools".
    Of course this does not mean exploits are fine and cheats are not fine.
    Both are not correct, and I'm a big enemy of such things.

So, how do macros work? I've never seen one in action, but I assumed you could map one to automatically pull off crazy doublejump/doublewalldodge by pressing one button.
    Ahem. Here is what I said. "Using macros, unauthorized programs, hacks, etc for your advantage is also cheating."
    If you don't know what macros are or how they work, then please don't equal them to "unauthorized programs" (whatever you mean with that...) or hacks.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So, how do macros work? I've never seen one in action, but I assumed you could map one to automatically pull off crazy doublejump/doublewalldodge by pressing one button.

I definitely consider bug exploits as cheating. Just recently I have played Team Fortress 2, and some people are able to exploit level design in order to place turrets below the map, thereby spawn raping without any chance of being able to disable the turret as a spy without knowing how to exploit the level bug in question to get down there in the first place.

Now, particular map exploits, such as sniping on ledges-- I'm fine with that. What I'm not okay with is exploiting bugs. The whole core thing on Downtown, is, I admit, not a bug in the technical sense. I guess common sense takes over at that point.

Things for your advantage = cheating?
    Ahem. Here is what I said. "Using macros, unauthorized programs, hacks, etc for your advantage is also cheating." I was not against "things for your advantage." I was against "Using macros, unauthorized programs, hacks, etc. for your advantage." But, you might prove me wrong about macros- you'd better give me a strong argument for macros. :P

Do you call me a cheater because I'm able to switch to an Avril much faster than you can?
    Just because I use special binds?
    If yes, then it's pretty ridiculous.
    Nope. Binding weapons to keys is fine. If you can hit "1" faster than I can hit "6", well, it sucks to be me. It's my fault for not mapping my controls properly.

What makes you think that I'm against binding weapons? Probably my stance against macros, right? Again, you have to prove to me that it's not just pressing one key and doing insane acrobatics.

Then we should all use a 2 button mouse, stereo sound etc.
    Honestly, what the hell does hardware have to do with cheating? It's unauthorized programs and hacks is what I'm worried about. Isn't a macro an unauthorized program? I may be wrong on that, prove it to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PcX_BAIN View Post
    In Warfare-Downtown, is it considered cheating to use the jump boots to get behind the enemy core to damage it virtually unmolested? I've had the other team do it against my team but the first time that I did it a friend said it was cheating.
    its cheating if outlaw isnt doing it whats up bain i been tryin to get a hold of anyone my cell is 12O3 85O 6673 gimme a call

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
    Can't ban someone if you don't know who it is. So you have to find a way of killing them
    Pro tip: Check the scores while he is attacking the core.
    Unless 5 players are attacking the core, but most times it works to find out the guy...

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    It is cheating. Exploiting bugs and glitches is cheating. Using macros, unauthorized programs, hacks, etc for your advantage is also cheating.
    You go definitely too far.
    Using bugs, missing level parts (like invisible blocking volumes) etc. = exploiting.
    Any hacks like wallhacks, speedhacks etc = cheating.
    Things for your advantage = cheating?
    Pretty funny.
    Then we should all use a 2 button mouse, stereo sound etc.
    Using macros is surely not cheating, where do you hear such things?
    If you have a keyboard and a mouse which support macros, then you can use it.
    That's why they are available.
    Do you call me a cheater because I'm able to switch to an Avril much faster than you can?
    Just because I use special binds?
    If yes, then it's pretty ridiculous.

And by the way:
    It can be very troublesome to use macros.
    It is not as easy as you think - pressing 1 button and everything goes on its own - of course not.

Originally posted by panz3rfaust View Post
    The op won't read this maybe (1-1-09 )
    I guess you're right because his last activity was on 06-29-2009^^
    There are way too many "dead members" here

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The op won't read this maybe (1-1-09 ) but YES IT IS. It's cheating also (and 10 times more lame) abuse of yellow barricades bug.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is cheating. Exploiting bugs and glitches is cheating. Using macros, unauthorized programs, hacks, etc for your advantage is also cheating. Sometimes it is obvious when someone is exploiting in a video game, such as being able to walk through walls and shoot people.

In this case, it doesn't seem that obvious, since you don't break any of the game's boundaries if you use the boots to jump over the core. But, I will still label this as cheating, since you would be exploiting a flaw in the level design. Epic is not an idiotic game developer-- you can tell if you are not in a place where you should or shouldn't be. For example, going up the rails in Suspense is not cheating, because it is pretty obvious that Epic intended it to be a clever sniper den. (U-Damage is there, for starters).

However, let's say that there was a place where you walk along the edge of the level's boundaries. Once you dodge and jump a couple of times, you'll fall down a bit below the level. In this case, it is obvious that you are not in a acceptable place, since you can see wayward polygons, missing textures, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phalanx View Post
    its an MPUK admin... they have masses of servers to manage :P
    However the servers are called "Epic/Midway official servers" IIRC, for a game that people spent 50€ on. They aren't servers set up by enthusiasts.

I'm not saying that he isn't doing the right thing, it's just that one must be careful about how to approach those gamers and not be trigger happy...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Benfica View Post
    lol. You ban people, but you show how it can be countered
    Can't ban someone if you don't know who it is. So you have to find a way of killing them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its an MPUK admin... they have masses of servers to manage :P

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thieves can be caught, but that doesn't make theft legal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
    Yes.

If i catch people doing it they will be warned, if they continue will be swiftly removed. Epic EU servers at least.

A kind of easy way to kill someone behind is to fire grenades over.
    lol. You ban people, but you show how it can be countered

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PcX_BAIN View Post
    In Warfare-Downtown, is it considered cheating to use the jump boots to get behind the enemy core to damage it virtually unmolested? I've had the other team do it against my team but the first time that I did it a friend said it was cheating.

Yes.

If i catch people doing it they will be warned, if they continue will be swiftly removed. Epic EU servers at least.

A kind of easy way to kill someone behind is to fire grenades over.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Botting and hacking is cheating.

This is possibly playing dirty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X