Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
    Because we have discussed this topic:
    [shot]http://pics.computerbase.de/2/7/1/6/7/7.jpg[/shot]

Just lol!!

Cheers!
    "play UT without the keyboard!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Logistically it doesn't make sense to use a keybind to do a combo. It's just RMB then LMB anyway, there's not much to it. You should start by just doing standing combos. Fire a shock core and DO NOT MOVE your view. Fire a shock beam and you cannot miss if you DID NOT MOVE because the LOS is already lined up. Then you can start doing them while moving straight forward or backwards without moving your view. Over time you can start practicing moving just a little left or right after firing the shock ball. Eventually you'll get a good feel for it.

I think people are shocked because you are the head admin of the entire UT3 FN community and you are asking a very strange question. Just ask one of us in Vent sometime man and we'll teach you how to do combos. It's a lot easier to get started off with a buddy showing you in game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    k, thanks.

That is all that is needed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can only pull a combo off as fast as the recharge time is to shoot a primary after a core. The only thing that will affect how long it takes other then that is your ability to line it up and click.

players that use them can do that much faster, a keybind wouldn't be much use, as it will shoot but without a guaranteed hit, which means you'd be even slower on hitting the combo as youd have two recharge times.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What I was getting at is that I have seen some players shoot shock combos fast while jumping in the air and dodging to a side faster than I can while I am in a straight line.

I am a RL, Flack, bio player more than a Shock user when I play, that is all. I dont practice them a lot.

So if there were those players that have a keybind that allows them to do it faster while doing other things like jump and turn, etc, then it would be helpful.

As for those comments, maybe I am joking.... maybe many newer players have found that many UT3 players are actually not that helpful to the "noobs" of the community since they get bashed for asking simple questions. They dont know, they ask a simple thing and people bash them for it. Perhaps I have been contacted by someone that does not want to get responses directly to them like you have just made to me ...

Is there anyone out there that knows the answer to my question?

As for my sig... I am listing places to go to find other UT3 players, UT3 match videos, find UT3 pug's...... resources for the community.

As for Crazy's comment... yeah I already got out and I am back in again... lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    gtfo......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
    Does anyone know the exact wording to set a keybind for the shock combo?

I find I cant do a standing shock ball and shoot the primary fire (with me spamming my primary fire button) as many other people that seem to shot the combo in less time and less distance.

For instance I have a G5 mouse (no 850 nice buttons on the side for extra binds) I only have the left click, right click (primary and alt fire) middle wheel (for up and down switch of weapons) and a thumb button (which I use for speaking on vent for mic activation which I have as bound as left control in logitech software.)

I do have the sensitivity buttons up and down on the top, but only use them to adjust sensitivity on the fly from vehicle use (for slow moving turrets) to on foot use for DM work.

So I am not even sure which button I would use for the quick 1 button combo?!?!
    You cant be serious about that admin thing in your sig...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CC, are you joking?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know the exact wording to set a keybind for the shock combo?

I find I cant do a standing shock ball and shoot the primary fire (with me spamming my primary fire button) as many other people that seem to shot the combo in less time and less distance.

For instance I have a G5 mouse (no 850 nice buttons on the side for extra binds) I only have the left click, right click (primary and alt fire) middle wheel (for up and down switch of weapons) and a thumb button (which I use for speaking on vent for mic activation which I have as bound as left control in logitech software.)

I do have the sensitivity buttons up and down on the top, but only use them to adjust sensitivity on the fly from vehicle use (for slow moving turrets) to on foot use for DM work.

So I am not even sure which button I would use for the quick 1 button combo?!?!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be possible to set several dodges on 1 key.
    However, I don't see much sense in it.
    First it would be difficult for the macro user to hit an enemy.
    Second it is not really faster than doing it with WASD (or arrows).
    And this is a good example how players could die because of their own macros.
    (Cliffs, bad-luck because they face a rocket etc.)
    I really think macros which make the character uncontrollable are just ****...

Cheers!
    A perfectly timed double jump wall dodge would be very useful to get certain powerups. For example, the UDamage on Deck and Turbine. Macros may not be reliable for combat, but it would help in reaching certain places that require good timing.

But I guess I could live with that. I just now realize how multiple dodges in a macro won't really give you an edge in combat. (Mostly because of disorientation, bad luck from cliffs, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @The Demon Slick:
    I think I know what you mean.
    As soon as the shock combo was made, the new shock ball should come out.
    (At least this makes sense.)
    With the Logitech software this is not possible as far as I know...

@bclagge:
    Drugs

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ct.outlaw2 View Post
    its cheating if outlaw isnt doing it whats up bain i been tryin to get a hold of anyone my cell is 12O3 85O 6673 gimme a call
    [shot]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg[/shot]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because we have discussed this topic:
    [shot]http://pics.computerbase.de/2/7/1/6/7/7.jpg[/shot]

Just lol!!

Cheers!

I would confuse the carp out of myself with that thing! lols for real. Also, Nightmare or anyone, is it possible to macro the shock rifle combo? And if so, could that be used to decrease the time between firing a shock ball and firing shock primary? You would have to stand still for that.... I have seen many odd things. I wonder if some of those could be attributed to a hardware advantage such as your nice mouse, rather than something more troublesome. Greets!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    They aren't magic one-button insanity dodges like I thought, right?
    It would be possible to set several dodges on 1 key.
    However, I don't see much sense in it.
    First it would be difficult for the macro user to hit an enemy.
    Second it is not really faster than doing it with WASD (or arrows).
    And this is a good example how players could die because of their own macros.
    (Cliffs, bad-luck because they face a rocket etc.)
    I really think macros which make the character uncontrollable are just ****...

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Modern gaming mouses and gaming keyboards support macros - that's why I said hardware.
    My G9 mouse has 9 buttons.
    Binding weapon switches to some mouse buttons is an advantage.
    It often saves my life.

Macros' functions are simple:
    You set your commands to one key.
    I only use(d) it for the Avril bug.
    The key's setting was:
    [8] 0,01 sec pause [8] 0,01 sec pause [G]
    So, now explained for "normal" humans (no offense).
    I shoot an Avril and I press this mouse button (mouse wheel right).
    If I have a Rocket Launcher, it quickly switches to the RL which is 8.
    (Twice 8 because of the Avril bug which was introduced by 2.0 beta 3.)
    If I don't have an RL, it switches to the nearest weapon (Flak, Stinger etc.)
    So, you see it's not only a software matter but also a hardware matter.
    And as said: I bet many players die because of their macros because they can quickly lose the track of them.
    I have not used any other macros so far.
    (They are more common for games like World of Warcraft - but I don't play them.)

We still have different opinions about cheating:
    These exploits are usable for players and the game provides them.
    Players don't need any "tools".
    Of course this does not mean exploits are fine and cheats are not fine.
    Both are not correct, and I'm a big enemy of such things.

If you don't know what macros are or how they work, then please don't equal them to "unauthorized programs" (whatever you mean with that...) or hacks.

Cheers!
    Alright, thanks for telling what a macro actually does. Perhaps they aren't exactly cheats, if they are actually just extra buttons on a mouse, used for binding certain actions. They aren't magic one-button insanity dodges like I thought, right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X