• replied
    Pogo, check your Private Messages.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yup, all but those 2 files successfully transferred

Leave a comment:

• replied
    grrrrrrrrrrrr

It's sounding more and more like there's a problem with your DVD disk.

Are you able to get all the other files copied?

I know all about friends with "Pong" consoles that they call PCs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    trying to get Data5 and Data6 in the HD folder for the third time now with windows explorer, failed on same Cyclic Redundancy twice...seeing how it goes again. And no, none of my friends have pcs that are worth a **** lol they can barely run pinball LOL...

Ok....3rd time same deal....i guess that means those 2 files are corrupt or incomplete on my disc?....and i've lost my receipt...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i hate when people have these problems,i want more people to play ut3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Copy/Paste is one way to do it. Another is to open 2 Windows Explorer windows and drag and drop the files from the DVD folder in one window to the HDD folder in the other window.

Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) errors are probably due to bad spots on the DVD disk. Given the size of the .cab files, Copy/Paste may cause CRC errors, depending upon your system memory. Drag/Drop is possibly the better way to try it.

Do you have a friend who has UT3? Try using his DVD disk.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when you say copy to dvd to my HD do you just mean right clik...copy...paste to my HD?....i've gotten most of the disc to my HD that way but i keep getting cyclical redundancy errors on Data5 and 9 ...probably one or two others, i'm not sure how to go about getting around that.*
    ...I'm only having issues copying Data5 and 6 now...the only 2 giving me cyclic redundancy check error.....GRR
    Data 5 will almost competely (or so it appears) finsih transferring but 6 wont even start....says Data Error (Cyclic Redudndancy check)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It sounds like you have a problem with your DVD disk. Try cleaning it. Remember, when wiping a CD/DVD, do not use a circular motion around the disk; rather, wipe it from the center out to the edge.

You might try copying the files from the DVD to the HDD one at a time. There are "only" 46 files. If a file doesn't want to copy, try it several times; sometimes, with repeated tries, you can coax it to copy.

If you are able to copy all of the DVD to the HDD, burn a new DVD from the HDD.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I ran the framework check in the same fashion and am still getting the 1605... it wouldnt let me copy all the files to my HD for whatever reason

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do not run SetupUT3.exe. Run FrameworkCheck.exe. I recommend running it from your HDD rather than your DVD. (ie, copy your DVD to your HDD)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i tried that but it still does the same thing...i think i'm just gonna put a 12gauge slug in this F'n disc.....i'm annoyed. Updated installer, no files related to UT3 that i can see anywhere....tried the command prompt setuput3.exe reinstallmode="omus" and it ran, but gave the same 1605 error
    ....i dunno

Leave a comment:

• replied
    try this

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

(you would want case "B")

... yeah, if (for whatever crazy reason) you have a "unreal tournament 3" folder somewhere, you might want to delete that ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    as far as i can tell i have everything off. At one point my DVD ROM was fried, so i tried to install on my laptop which worked and tried to network and share it over to my Desktop, but that didnt work...i went in a manually deleted al the files but it still wont work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Installation Issues

Installation Issues

i played UT way back in the day when it first came out...finally decided to see how far it'd come along and blast some folks but alas as i try to install a pop up box appears...asking "Would you like to delete the installation and all files?" ----Yes/No----- Clicking either buttons gets me another popup saying "error -1605, this is only allowed for installed applications" then the install wizard closes. WTF...i'm clueless. I have Everquest I and II, WoW, Counterstrike, Elder SCrolls Oblivion, PURE, FEAR, NFS....none of these give me any issue at all....what could be the deal?
Working...
X