Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Viventis View Post
    Didn't one of the older UT single player games have the option to give orders to teammates, like attack, defend, cover me etc?
    That's still there, but it's like herding cats.

Originally posted by Pure Pwnage
    You can train a n00b, but he'll just be a trained n00b...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I got UT3, and I liked it (of course) so it is all on opinions, I just wanted to hear your guys' opinions on it. Out of UC2, and UT3, I like UC2 better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Help me remember....Didn't one of the older UT single player games have the option to give orders to teammates, like attack, defend, cover me etc? One of the games I used to play allowed that. It gives you a little better control of your destiny.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SP is pretty weak. Nothing very new about the campaign except they tried to shoehorn in a silly story that didn't fit the game. Instant Action got most of its customization options stripped out, and that sucks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well the campaign kinda sux when the opposing team has 30 points, your team has 25 points and you scored 18 points. Sometimes your team makes it harder because you have to kill faster than they are getting killed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Single player is just preset instant action games that somewhat fit into a story and personally i think it is pretty fun however your teamates are dense pos' half the time and force you to do just about the whole thing yourself lol and everyone once in a while they do something helpful

But to me i enjoyed the single player

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Doomgiver View Post
    Instant Action is better
    There isn't much difference anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I always enjoyed the single player campaigns (except UC1, it made no sense). So to each his own, I will play it, I don't have Xbox live anyway, lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Elebril View Post
    Yeah but is UC2 any better? The only difference is in the game modes and the number of cutscenes (UC2 has more movies than UT3). I'm not sure if there were any dialogues during matches in UC2 but you have short ones in UT3. Personaly I enjoyed both campaigns and cannot point out which one is better but I wouldn't say that the one in UC2 pwns UT3.
    Yes, it was MUCH better. UC2 had two single player modes: one was the standard UT99 style tourney ladder if you like that better, then an honest to God single player story that granted, centered around the tournament, but there were actually pieces of it that weren't just standard single player matches. Which version did you play? Granted, the majority component was "instant action" style, but at least there was a thread and story that made sense in relation to that as well as levels that weren't straight up instant action tourney matches.

Because I'm a hopeless shill, if you look at the link in my sig to "UT3 360's Place in the UT series" I go into detail about the UC2 single player campaign.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well honestly I did hop online first and got my *** handed to me so I decided I better try something different first.lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
    I have never played UT on any platform before that so I wanted to do it before hoping online.
    Good plan. SP doesn't help much with on-line play ... except ... it gives you a familarity with the weapons and the maps, which are not bad things.

It also gives you experience with the speed of the game and learning to die gracefully. Also, not bad things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I liked it and played it on the 360 but have never played it on the PC or ps3. Not that it would be any different on them but I used it to learn how to play kinda on the 360. I have never played UT on any platform before that so I wanted to do it before hoping online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whether it is "good" or not is entirely up to you. Some people like broccoli, some don't. Every answer you get to this question will reflect personal preferrences.

I have never particularly cared for the SP "tournament." A great deal of it is team based so as a single player mode this means that you are on a team with bots playing against a team of bots...and winning depends a great deal upon your bots being useful teammates. OTOH, the SP version of the original Unreal was just "you against the world" and success at SP was entirely in your hands.

Having said this, I have played through the SP tournaments of all of the UT games multiple times. If they were "bad," I would never have gone back to them a second time, let alone a third or fourth. If they were "really bad," I would never have completed them the first time.

At the same time, I have to agree with UTlOvEr: "online play is where it's at."

Finally, I can't compare it with Unreal Championship 2...I do not have a console, and won't.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Instant Action is better

Leave a comment:

Working...
X