Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[PC] Keybinding Tutorial - Bind Throw Weapon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doesnotmatter View Post
    I'll tell you what:
    It doesn't matter if you hold it long or short pressed.
    OnRelease = command works as soon as you release the button.
    You hold it 2 seconds pressed, release it -> you'll throw this weapon after 2 seconds.
    You hold it some milliseconds pressed, release it -> no explanation needed.

So, it should always throw away an Enforcer.
    wrong... u have to wait the time until the weapon is changed to enforcer... if u want to drop this

Comment

Although I have never tried that, I can say something:
      A while ago one friend asked me if it's possible to double jump just by pressing one button one time.
      I tried to manage it the same way (command jump and onrelease jump).
      It worked but you must not release it very quickly.
      I guess UT3 is too slow to handle 2 commands within milliseconds.

So I guess theoretically an Enforcer should always be thrown, but practically it's not the case since UT3 is "slow".
      (We are talking about milliseconds, that's why I added the "" )

Cheers!

Comment

i can tell u the practicaly side, because i use this command since month...

it throws the weapon, which u have in ur hand, when u press it fast
        it throws the enforcer, whne u press the key and wait the weaponswitchtime (when u release it then)

finito

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
          I guess there isn't something like next seat and previous seat, is it?
          Usually I use my mouse wheel to switch weapons, but when I'm in a vehicle that has some seats, I wish I could use my mouse wheel.
          Does anyone have an idea how to realise it?
          I could use "1 = mouse wheel down"; "2 = mouse wheel up".
          It would work but then I wouldn't be able to switch my weapons the way I did.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers!
          Hey Nightmare.

Do you have some practical commands for the scroll wheel button? Else you could use that one to switch between vehicle positions, or enforcer and hammer if you're not in a vehicle. By that way you can keep the scroll wheel to switch between ALL of your weapons, because if you have no ammo for your favorite weapons you may end up in trouble without the scroll wheel.

Greets,
          Vegas.

...and the pipe code for the input.ini:

Code:
          Bindings=(Name="PipeA",Command="switchweapon 2 | switchweapon 1 | setbind MiddleMouseButton PipeB")
          Bindings=(Name="PipeB",Command="switchweapon 1 | switchweapon 2 | setbind MiddleMouseButton PipeA")
          Bindings=(Name="MiddleMouseButton",Command="PipeA")

Comment

Hey VegasKill,
            I did it this way a few weeks ago:
            [SHOT]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3360/14340315.jpg[/SHOT][shot]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7875/keysb.jpg[/shot]

That shot function is messed up by the way.

Feign death is now left windows key^^

I could try to use that way, but to be honest I'm already satisfied.
            The only thing I wish were to add the Hammer to 05.
            I tried it, but when I get in vehicles (or leave vehicles) I always wear the Hammer...
            And I almost never use the BioRifle, even if I needed it I could just press 3 on my keyboard.

Cheers!

Comment

Is there anyway to create your own commands?

Comment

For example?

Comment

Well i was trying to make a camera that starts at third person view but moves to first when i mouse scroll. Is there a command to move to First person? Later I also want to set up a command to move it to an RTS view, again using mouse scroll...

Comment

Are you making a mod? If so, the answer to your question is yes. I don't know how to do it though. Your question would be more appropriate in the mapping and modding section. You could also try asking the guys at www.ut3gow.com. They made a view distance mouse scrolling effect for ONS 2.0.

Comment

I tried everything to use the keybindings, exactly the way sugested in this thread, but I just can't get them to work. Can somebody please help me?

I used these configs in the UtInpunt.ini under Engine.PlayerInput

Bindings=(Name="ä",Command="GBA_SwitchWeapon 9 | FOV 80")
                      Bindings=(Name="#",Command="GBA_SwitchToBestWeapon | FOV 100")
                      Bindings=(Name="PipeC",Command="switchweapon 8 | switchweapon 7 | setbind k PipeD")
                      Bindings=(Name="PipeD",Command="switchweapon 7 | switchweapon 8 | setbind k PipeC")
                      Bindings=(Name="k",Command="PipeC")
                      Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollDown",Command="PipeE")
                      Bindings=(Name="PipeE",Command="ToggleTranslocator | switchweapon 7 | switchweapon 9 | l PipeF")
                      Bindings=(Name="PipeF",Command="ToggleTranslocator | switchweapon 9 | switchweapon 7 | l PipeG")
                      Bindings=(Name="PipeG",Command="ToggleTranslocator | setbind l PipeE")

Ok Problem solved, forgot to delete the previous keybinding in the input.ini. But I'd still like to know if there are some keyboard macros worth using.

Comment

I have Steam.
                        All the files from the CD are stored in D:\ .... \UTGame (plus subdirectories).
                        Whereas all my profiles, personal data, downloaded maps and mods are stored in C:\ ...\UTGame. (and subdirectories)

For the key binding thing I made previously some tests and I discovered then something very interesting

If I delete all my profiles plus everything under C:\ ... \UTGame (and subdirectories) -- in short: if I delete all my personal data from after the installation -- and then start up the game, and all my settings (keys, sound, brightness, .... ) are back as soon as I click "Login". (Note: Not if I click "Play Offline").

From where is UT3 taking my profiles, if I deleted them on my hard disk?
                        Is Epic storing them on a server?

Comment

Am new to keybinding

I have a question:
                          I switch to the translocator by pressing Q but I also have to switch back to my previous weapon by pressing Q. For me as an UT99 and 2k4 player it's really frustrating because I can't get used to it.
                          I want to make a keybind that switches from translocator back to the previous weapon by pressing Fire and AltFire at the same time (like in UT99 and UT2004). Is this possible (because Fire = LMB and AltFire = RMB, both are in use)?
                          How would the command be then?? And what's with the Hoverboard then? Isn't it the same command?? I'm used to press Fire+AltFire when I have the translocator but I'm used to press Q to use the Hoverboard and Q again to walk. That sounds a bit odd, I know, but I only want the translocator to switch back to my previous weapon when I press Fire+AltFire not the Hoverboard
                          I'm relative new to keybinding and this is confusing me a lot at the moment

And another thing which doesn't seem to work is this keybind:
                          Code:
                          Bindings=(Name="circumflex",Command="ThrowWeapon")
                          I tried it with
                          Code:
                          Bindings=(Name="^",Command="ThrowWeapon")
                          but it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong??
                          (have a German keyboard, UT3 in English but it recognizes my German keyboard e.g. Z is Z and not Y, ä, ö and ü, etc.)
                          The command "ThrowWeapon" exists and I'm 100% sure that it should work because I've tested it in-game (console->throwweapon) and I've thrown my weapon.

Can anybody help me please?

Comment

Is it somehow possible to make a key binding with following action:
                            Shot a shock core, side dodge, and then trigger the shock combo!

There are also programmable keyboards from Logitech with things like macros (whatever this is) .... Doesnt matter how, but could such a thing be realized?

Comment

Still unanswered:
                              Originally posted by fireball View Post
                              I have Steam.
                              All the files from the CD are stored in D:\ .... \UTGame (plus subdirectories).
                              Whereas all my profiles, personal data, downloaded maps and mods are stored in C:\ ...\UTGame. (and subdirectories)

For the key binding thing I made previously some tests and I discovered then something very interesting

If I delete all my profiles plus everything under C:\ ... \UTGame (and subdirectories) -- in short: if I delete all my personal data from after the installation -- and then start up the game, and all my settings (keys, sound, brightness, .... ) are back as soon as I click "Login". (Note: Not if I click "Play Offline").

From where is UT3 taking my profiles, if I deleted them on my hard disk?
                              Is Epic storing them on a server?

Still unanswered:
                              Is it somehow possible to make a key binding with following action:
                              Shot a shock core, side dodge, and then trigger the shock combo!

There are also programmable keyboards from Logitech with things like macros (whatever this is) .... Doesnt matter how, but could such a thing be realized?

Still unanswered:

Is there a list with all existing commands for UT3 ?

Comment

whats the command for a side dodge

How would look the code line for binding a side/right dodge to the button "insert"?

Comment

Working...
                                X