Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't recommend anyone to buy UT3 - untill they remodel the maps - to make them more realistic. Online games suck - no wonder nobody there - Like me, I persevered for a while then gave up because the maps suck. I've gone back to playing UT2004 - wasted my money on UT3.

Comment

characters are also too big

Comment

Better to get familiar with all the eye candy, because technology pushes forward not backward and so it's gonna "get worse". I'm also a UT fan from the very beginning and I think UT3 is simply awesome. Can't stop playing it on my X360, and previously on PC as well. Play it or don't, but man, just stop acting like a disappointed child. This was supposed to be some sort of community, and a community should SUPPORT the game, not just rant about how bad it is. I bet my ***, half of the posts are about how the game "sucks" in some ppl's opinion... Don't like it, don't play it, don't write about it.

Oh, and vertebrae is great... you just need to learn it, as any other map in the game. UT has always been about skill, and experience comes with time.

Comment

Originally posted by neuralfraud View Post
          A game that isn't recycled code and models from other games (ut was very different from unreal, thanks), a game that breaks the rules, a game that destroys the envelope. A game that noone expects.
          They did that with UT2003, didn't they?
          Originally posted by Elebril
          Better to get familiar with all the eye candy, because technology pushes forward not backward and so it's gonna "get worse". I'm also a UT fan from the very beginning and I think UT3 is simply awesome.
          Or not. Because he has a point about eye strain.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard about the problem but as far as I know the "bloom" effects are the cause right? You can turn the post processing to low, or if you have the PC version turn off bloom and motion blur completely. My friend has such problems when playing both UT3 and Gears of War.

Comment

bah its pregame day for me (in NA). drink away and the troubles will temporarily disappear! happy new years everyone!

The Unreal franchise was a good one while it lasted. Good times indeed yet, all good things have to come to an end at some point or another.

I am afraid this is the official end of the line () for the "Tournament" series. I hope Unreal 3 bodes well for the hardcore-singleplayer-coop-haloretirees bunch
              being successful in the Gears of War line, im positive they wont fail on U3; They cant fail... .

Comment

This was supposed to be some sort of community, and a community should SUPPORT the game, not just rant about how bad it is.
                Blindly supporting things should be left to religious cults, If a game is bad I'm not going to chant mantra's about how brilliant it is.

If the 'expansion' rights the wrongs with the game, then I will support it. If not I will continue to 'whine'

Comment

Good or bad is only a matter of perspective/taste. Some ppl enjoy the game, some don't. I don't expect Epic to fix sth which is considered a flaw by some people and a good idea by others.

Comment

I just hope that they betatest the expansion.

Comment

they are.. its called UT3

Comment

Those who have spent some time in online forums, come to realize that complaining and exaggerations are commonplace.

I have to say that UT3 has been the most enjoyable fps I have played. Games are always available online. How many servers can an individual play in at any given moment? Ok, trick question - the answer is one.

If there was a better option out there, I'd embrace it. The best $50 I have spent

Comment

Originally posted by DancesWthMice View Post
                          Those who have spent some time in online forums, come to realize that complaining and exaggerations are commonplace.

I have to say that UT3 has been the most enjoyable fps I have played. Games are always available online. How many servers can an individual play in at any given moment? Ok, trick question - the answer is one.

If there was a better option out there, I'd embrace it. The best $50 I have spent
                          ditto. a lot of people are turned off by the skill level required to be good at UT games as well. Games like the BF series you can be topping the charts on after a few days of practice. That and a lot of people's systems are still far too weak to run it nicely enough for a good time.

Comment

I just realised why it's dead. Because you gotta login all the time to play and like today UT's login servers are messed up taking 3 minutes to login or sometimes not at all. Only now can I login and play but before I went to bed (7 hours ago) they were messed up.

Comment

From what I can see, the title should be

UT3 online players left 4 dead.

(a lot of the crowd I play with, who have played UT almost exclusively for many years now are playing L4D- because it is a social, moderate paced FPS that does not depend on twitch skills - the same sort of attributes that attracted people to Onslaught.)

Comment

might try that game out. maybe tf2 while I'm at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X