[PC] VCTF Map Party: Headset Holidays! Dec 27/28! Hosted by [UTF]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PC] VCTF Map Party: Headset Holidays! Dec 27/28! Hosted by [UTF]

[shot]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p344/JumpSlash/banner_map_party_BLURRED_2.jpg[/shot]

Hello all!

It's been a while since there has been a full VCTF Map Party and it seemed like the end of the year festivities would be a perfect time for some fragging!
    The theme this time is Headset Holidays. The idea being: get as many people as possible to play and have headsets and get on Ventrilo with us, for maximum fun!

The party is happening at our server, which runs custom maps, but no custom mods, so stats are kept accurately! We are working to build a really tight community of players, map makers, and admins where there is a good line of communication between us all. We want everyone to feel like they're a part of the fun!

On with the official stuff.

Date: Dec 27/28
    Time: All day, both days!
    Server: [UTF] UTForce.com - Map Party: Headset Holidays! Dec 27/28!
    Server IP: 69.12.25.137:7777

Ventrilo Information
    IP: 67.201.13.178
    Port: 4808
    Password: UTF08

Map Pack Download Link:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Map List:
    1. VCTF-ActionCityUT3 (newly updated!)
    2. VCTF-AggressiveAlleys3(XMas)ME (newly updated!)
    3. VCTF-AltasCity
    4. VCTF-AnarchyHalls_UTF (newly updated!)
    5. VCTF-Apex
    6. VCTF-ArenaOfDeath-UTF (newly updated!)
    7. VCTF-BattleLine
    8. VCTF-CanalWarfare
    9. VCTF-CBP3-TheDig (newly updated!)
    10. VCTF-ChristmasTreeLot (newly updated!)
    11. VCTF-Celotex
    12. VCTF-FeelGoodIncV3 (newly updated!)
    13. VCTF-Harbour
    14. vCTF-HostiltiyArenaUT3
    15. VCTF-Kelahf
    16. VCTF-LocksV3 (newly updated!)
    17. vCTF-Luracia
    18. VCTF-Megastructure_SE
    19. VCTF-NoParkingV3-sWs (newly updated!)
    20. VCTF-OffTheRails][
    21. VCTF-Outcast-Xmas (newly updated!)
    22. VCTF-SlaxV3 (newly updated!)
    23. VCTF-SledHill (newly updated!)
    24. VCTF-Skyscraper2 (newly updated!)
    25. VCTF-TarydiumMiningCaveV2 (newly updated!)
    26. VCTF-TrainCrossing
    27. vctf-UnrealPlayground
    28. VCTF-Volcanixv3 (newly updated!)

Note on the maps:
    Some of these maps are newer than the ones you're used to. We've been working with several map makers to get maps updated or small fixes made. Most updates have been fixes regarding flag capture sounds (no more going "wait, when did red team cap?!"), or minimaps. Others, like the UTF-exclusive AnarchyHalls, has had a fundamental change in how the jump pads work, and a little bonus if you're good at impact hammer jumping. All in all, these are very worthwhile updates, and we're very happy that the mapping community has been so responsive. We are continuing to work with other map makers as well, and future parties should be even better!

Also, an alternate theme of this map party is "Turn your ambiance back up!" due to the fact that we've worked with map makers to ensure that on ALL MAPS on our server, music is played through the Music channel, so you can crank your Ambiance channel back up and hear the level's natural noises (machines, wind, etc). Turn it up! You don't know what you're missing! It's subtle but it's fun!

How to get involved and stay in touch:
    Come join our forums at http://www.utforce.com
    We will start sending out the occasional email (once every other month or so) regarding an updated map list, where to find the map pack, etc. This means you don't need to haunt any forums or be in the "in crowd" to get the jump on map list updates. No more in-game map downloading, at least not from us! We will not abuse the email list, just the vital information, and of course your email addresses won't be sold or spammed or anything like that.

Headsets:
    Let's use this thread to pass out some good deals on headsets, so we can get everyone connected. If anyone needs help getting Ventrilo working, let us know, we can help with that as well.

Remember, this is in a week and a half! Come sign up at http://www.utforce.com
    We'll send out an email containing all this information plus the link to the map pack later this week once the link goes live!

i will be ther and ask my headsed if he come too

Comment

What, no VCTF-Timberland or Valhara? :/

Comment

Yeah, it's going to be an absolute blast! If you're not a VCTF player, don't hesitate, come play anyhow and support your UT3 community! It's all about the fun! Make sure you have your headset up and working on Ventrilo so you can talk some smack with the rest of us!

And all credit goes to TheVoid, Lice_, and all of the map-makers who were nice enough to remake their maps for the party! Be sure you thank them wholeheartedly if you see them in-game!

-SiLT

Comment

bumping too get more pll in this map party and read it

Comment

No Kargo-Necris, Outcast or volcanix hehe? i know why the last 2...but karog-necris?

PS. ill try to get those 2 ready if you give me enough time. Shouldnt take tooo long.

Comment

Snap, looks like fun! I should be available too, which is a boon! Unlike my own map party, which I won't even be able to attend . Stupid family coming to visit ..... grumble grumble ....

Comment

all of the map parties weve had so far were totally awesome (even the BGE ones )

im gonna be there fo sure!

Comment

oops posted twice.. (first time posting in epic fforums, excuse me)

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                    What, no VCTF-Timberland or Valhara? :/
                    Originally posted by Chaosnight View Post
                    No Kargo-Necris, Outcast or volcanix hehe? i know why the last 2...but karog-necris?
                    I should have PMd both of you regarding this by now.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                      Stupid family coming to visit ..... grumble grumble ....

Now that's UT3 devotion

Comment

Bump! Come join us!!!

Comment

Is this on a US or Euro server? Cause I love vCTF, especially custom maps, but I hate high ping...

Comment

it a us server i have bad ping too but it great too play at a costummap party many pll are there

Comment

The server is in Dallas, TX. In the USA. You can go check it out, as it is up and running right now to give it a test!

Comment

Working...
                              X