Is UT3 still worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is UT3 still worth it?

I stopped playing UT2k4 a couple of years ago, and now I'm thinking about getting UT3 (PC). I was wondering if there are still many active servers and players. I would hate to find out that players support for this game is on the way out. Thanks for the feedback.

Max

Yes, it's dead. Hopefully the "expansion" delivers.

Comment

You should get it. It's very inexpensive right now. There are enough players to have fun online. There are many very talented players. There will be a large influx of players when the expansion comes out. Get started playing now as there is a learning curve and you will be ahead of the curve.

Comment

The server levels are decent. Its not high, but there is a regular core community that plays. So I can find a WAR match pretty much any weeknight. CTF is quieter I think, but VCTF seems similar in that you can find a match pretty easily.

If you ignore the people who don't play it and make unsubstantiated comments on their first post such as temp11 above, you will be surprised by the experience you get. Just don't expect thousands online like TF2 or COD4. Hopefully the expansion will be substantive enough to reverse this

Comment

You should get it, it's cheap as hell and there is no wait in the online servers :-D

Comment

Well I've certainly been getting my money's worth out of it. I've been playing it on and offline on a regular basis since it came out.

Most video games I try get played a few times and then sit idle until I need the space.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
              Well I've certainly been getting my money's worth out of it. I've been playing it on and offline on a regular basis since it came out.
              Yup , me too. Xfire says 1300 hours and counting.

Is UT3 worth $20? No question.

Comment

Depends on where you live, around here there's no populated servers and if I get to join a server the ping is 100+. Luckily I still got 10-15 pop 2k4 servers to chose from.. :P If you got more luck then me, buy it.

Comment

Still? Im pretty sure it was always worth it.
                  I have a few other games that are gathering dust on my shelf but surprisingly, I still have UT3 installed on comp.

Comment

its for sure still worth getting,there is still a good amount of people on ut3 to get a good game/server.espesaly on the weekends there is a lot more people online

Comment

yes definatly worth it. always servers up so i am always having fun =)

Comment

It is going for like 15$ and less... how do you need to ask that question??

Comment

If you like how UT2k4 plays, you will be disappointed with how UT3 plays. The two games are the same in series but both are very different games in how they play out.

I suggest finding some way to test the game out before you make a purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by temp11 View Post
                            Yes, it's dead. Hopefully the "expansion" delivers.
                            mainly this

Comment

I'd wait till after the expansion, since you might have to pay for that anyway. Right now there's probably more people playing AS on 2k4 than any gametype on UT3.

Comment

Working...
                              X