No announcement yet.

My UT3 Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks everyone for your' opinions and support... i'll definatley work on my art... =]

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
      it was more revealing about you being an angst ridden teenager who seems to have something to prove to others.
      lol sorry...what does that mean? like rebelious?

Comment

It means acting like the world is against you and that nobody possibly understands your feelings and what you've "gone through" in life.

I'm sure you are a nice person, but that is the impression your myspace profile as well as your first couple of responses to me gave. Anyway, yes, keep up the art, and sorry for being hard on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
          It means acting like the world is against you and that nobody possibly understands your feelings and what you've "gone through" in life.

I'm sure you are a nice person, but that is the impression your myspace profile as well as your first couple of responses to me gave. Anyway, yes, keep up the art, and sorry for being hard on you.
          oh i understand. typical teenager eh? haha... lol this thread is gunna get locked but anyways...sorry for the attitude...i have a huge attitude problem. lol...its ok i'll try to improve >.< & it's cool to know that your relationship worked out... it gives me more hope about mine just so you know =]

Comment

glad to hear it.

Comment

Win and rofflecakse! Moar!

Comment

its very kind of u to offer your abilities to others, good on you. best of luck with it and at 18 you have a lot of time to learn the stuff others suggest

Comment

are your sure you actually drew it

Comment

Just saying, from a graphics designers stand point, Dark red text on a dark red background is not really a good idea.

Actually, that's a problem I see with all three images. The text isn't standing out at all, you need to choose complementary colors if you want the images to have any effect.

Comment

http://i34.tinypic.com/2r73234.jpg

Comment

Some ideas for your work

First of all, thanks for sharing your stuff with us. Like Bersy said, nobody wants to give you the run around and just let you know how it is and then improve on it from there. Your work could be the start of logo's, stickers, or desktop wallpaper. I enjoyed listening to Britney Spears, haven't heard her in a long time.

So you have some good things to work with, like in your Shinobi logo, you have the uniform dark red typeface that matches the Unreal "U" in the logo. You have light violet letters with your weapons, so you are picking out the color uniformity. How about adding custom backgrounds along with your pictures and words?

You also have some creativity with words like iPwnhardxcore, and the Bio Freaks typeface you created that run along with your images. How about adding a little composition in your images & typeface that keep your eye based on a triad, where there are three things to work off of? This was done in a lot of traditional art pieces and will give your audience something to eat visually.

Composition meaning, in the Bio Freaks original UT3 artwork you drew on there are three stripes of red with a character in the middle, it forms a triad of composition. Your eye moves from the character to the balanced white spaces between the other red stripes in the back.

How about just try and think about what would be appealing visually for whatever style you are creating. And dont be afraid to just try new things, show them to people like you are, and asking lots of questions. Im still learning a lot and i feel overwhelmed with the competition and the BAR.

Another thing to be concerned about is your audience and who is going to receive your imagery. I can see you have good intentions, im not going to try and be your father, but try and work on some of these suggested things. If you think they are bogus, then do your own thing, but if you want to compete as an artist (if this is your intention) then you have to work from tradiational artistry and build on it like womens makeup.

Also if you would like to check out some of the work i do, my website is www.cstapleton.com

I hope everything works out well for you. And keep creating!

Comment

Support the DemoGuy!

btw, why are images disabled in this forum? img tags are useless here...

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                            Support the DemoGuy!

btw, why are images disabled in this forum? img tags are useless here...
                            use the shot code instead of img
                            HTML Code:
                            [shot] url [/shot]
                            eg:
                            [shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/hi-ban/DEMOGUY_SIG-1.gif[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by TRU_Harmerty View Post
                              use the shot code instead of img
                              HTML Code:
                              [shot] url [/shot]
                              eg:
                              [shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/hi-ban/DEMOGUY_SIG-1.gif[/shot]

What does shot code do?

Comment

shrinks the image to only show a preview, when you click the image you get to see the real size.

Comment

Working...
                                X