My UT3 Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My UT3 Art

Hey everyone Leah here aka ipwn =]. i just wanted to know if anyone wanted me to customize a personal or clan banner. i use photoshop & i'm trying to practice my skill. i've customized quite a few things for people & my past clans. here's some of my work... also check out my myspace [there's more art on my page], here's my link; http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=257587659

Also here's some examples of my work...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8bb37f9f44.jpg
    i created this back when i was in the BIOFREAKS.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ahxoxo/omg.png

i made this for myself xD

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ahxoxo/lol.png

a friend of mine asked me to customize this...with his' favorite UT3 weapon.

well i would show you more but it'll take up too much room >.<

anyways i just want to know if anyone has any requests...i'll be happy to create it xD no charge at all... hmmm maybe give me a massacre off of you? lol jk jk but seriously i don't expect anything out of this i just want to show people what i'm capable of doing rather than shoving rockets in your face on the UT3 battlefield =P message me or reply to this thread =] thanks for your time

-Leah aka ipwn

Needs about 100 more lens flares.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebo View Post
      Needs about 100 more lens flares.
      huh? O.O O_o

Comment

I think he's just jokeing.

Comment

I mean this as constructively as possible: there is nothing that really stands out about your artwork at present that would cause many people to ask for help creating banners.. pretty much everyone knows how to use photoshop. But I guess you never know.

I see that you are fairly new here so you might want to look at some of the wallpaper and art threads which have been created in the past for an idea of what you're up against. Then practice!

gl

Comment

Since we are posting art ill post mine too :P
            http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/rahkogen/gifs/
            http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ogen/igemotes/
            http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/rahkogen/ <- this directory is a mess not all the stuff in here is mine. Lots of limbo of the lost compare images i took :P

Meh not done anything fun in photoshop in a while, too much other work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
              I mean this as constructively as possible: there is nothing that really stands out about your artwork at present that would cause many people to ask for help creating banners.. pretty much everyone knows how to use photoshop. But I guess you never know.

I see that you are fairly new here so you might want to look at some of the wallpaper and art threads which have been created in the past for an idea of what you're up against. Then practice!

gl
              i'm going to play nice and just ignore the brutal honesty but w/e i'm pretty good imo and i'm creative.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                Since we are posting art ill post mine too :P
                http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/rahkogen/gifs/
                http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ogen/igemotes/
                http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/rahkogen/ <- this directory is a mess not all the stuff in here is mine. Lots of limbo of the lost compare images i took :P

Meh not done anything fun in photoshop in a while, too much other work to do.
                nice i like them

Comment

Originally posted by ipwnhardxcore View Post
                  1st of all you don't need to critisize my work ok?
                  2nd if my work doesnt stand out...than why do people message me requesting me to create things?
                  3rd im not new here kaythanks i've been playing ut3 for a year now & i've seen other people's work...have i downgraded their work? no. so if you don't have anything to say nice than stfu mkay?

kaythanks anyways.
                  rewr!

You don't need to be defensive. If people approach you for creating sigs or whatever that's dandy and great. I am just telling you that there are plenty of artists in this community and you probably shouldn't expect too much. I did say something nice, in fact one might argue honesty is nicer in the long run than just saying what you want to hear.

May 2008 - You are new here. It's a fact, once again you don't need to get defensive about it. I didn't call you a "noob" or any other names, so it might be wise to display a little more grace.

Comment

rewr!

You don't need to be defensive. If people approach you for creating sigs or whatever that's dandy and great. I am just telling you that there are plenty of artists in this community and you probably shouldn't expect too much. I did say something nice, in fact one might argue honesty is nicer in the long run than just saying what you want to hear.

May 2008 - You are new here. It's a fact, once again you don't need to get defensive about it. I didn't call you a "noob" or any other names, so it might be wise to display a little more grace.

yeah prolly new to this forum but when it comes to the battleground of ut3 no. and i'll be defensive if i **** well please. i'm not here for competition with other artists...this is not what my thread was for...i'm sure theres plenty of people who have more experience and more artistic skill, but do i care? no because in life no matter what theres always going to be better than you. plain and simple you came off rude and i didn't ask for you to compare me to other artists. so yeah.

Comment

Well, my point wasn't really to compare you to others but to tell you that if you want to design stuff for people then it might be a good idea to practice more with your own ideas first. It's just that you didn't really show that much, considering what this thread was about. So perhaps I did come off rude, but it's just the way I feel. I also thought the link to your myspace page didn't reveal much about your art, it was more revealing about you being an angst ridden teenager who seems to have something to prove to others. I have been in an internet relationship with a person on the other side of the globe too, in fact I've been with her 6 years now and married for 1. So I know those kind of things can work although obviously not all will. But I think if you want people to take you seriously then seperating you artwork onto a different page and having a lot more of it might be a good idea.

Sorry if I put a damper on your thread but really, keep it up if it's what you love doing because it can only get better.

Comment

your hot,thats for sure

Comment

I quite like your style actualy. Though its simple and I can probably do that but I dont see much art around thats made to be seen and understood rather than just seen. Dont even get me started on funky layouts some web pages have with tiny text and writeing thats so close to the background its unreadable.

Keep going with your art maybe we need a revival of art that can be understood before the eyes give up from pain.(anyone seen the london olympics logo?)

Comment

I agree with Bersy on the issue. To get anyone interested in your work at all, you must devote a lot of time and effort. The biggest thing you could have going for you is a love for the arts. If you have that, you will be successful. How successful? Who knows, but you won't know if you give up simply because a person said your work isn't special.

Personally, I'm not big of over blown glow and stroke effects, but if done right, they can add to an image. You just don't want the effects to take over the image, but merely enhance it as such. Use effects sparingly. Lighting and coloring should be uniform and consistent to the point that every part of the image looks like it belongs there. These are fairly easy to do but difficult to master.

Good luck and above all, have fun.

Comment

Well, my point wasn't really to compare you to others but to tell you that if you want to design stuff for people then it might be a good idea to practice more with your own ideas first. It's just that you didn't really show that much, considering what this thread was about. So perhaps I did come off rude, but it's just the way I feel. I also thought the link to your myspace page didn't reveal much about your art, it was more revealing about you being an angst ridden teenager who seems to have something to prove to others. I have been in an internet relationship with a person on the other side of the globe too, in fact I've been with her 6 years now and married for 1. So I know those kind of things can work although obviously not all will. But I think if you want people to take you seriously then seperating you artwork onto a different page and having a lot more of it might be a good idea.

Sorry if I put a damper on your thread but really, keep it up if it's what you love doing because it can only get better.
                              ok thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X