Pacy's Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacy's Server

Hey everyone, Ga-Reef here, ::Ahem:: So I was playing UT3 (PC) like I normally do the other day when I happened to come accross a Server by the name of Pacy's Server or Pacy's World Server, I can't fully remember. Anyway I'm playing out of CA and this was by far the best UT3 server I've played on to date, my ping was around -50 and anything under 100 is usually pretty rare for me on the EPIC and even the UMG servers. I've only seen it a handfull of times, so I was wondering if anyone might have any general info on it, when it's up, who's running it, where it's being run from, ect.? Otherwise if you see it up, I highly reccomend giving it a try and see if it boosts your performance and ping. UT3 is so much funner when it's not lopsided with all it's high and low ping mixes.

P.S. I tried google searching it as well as the epic forums, I got nada.

Is this a DM server? TDM? Warfare?

Comment

Warfare for sure, anything else I doubt it.

Comment

You mean the 64 player Warfare server? It was down when I checked yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
          You mean the 64 player Warfare server? It was down when I checked yesterday.
          Yeah now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure it was 64, imagine that. I wonder what it must be like to play it full, that is... if it didn't crash first... I swear my ping and lag are getting progressively worse everyday, I've gotten to the point where I can't stop myself from running off cliffs. I just wish I knew who was in charge of that server so I could find out their play times, that way I can at least get a decent game for once. That and lend some support in anyway I can, a server like that is definately worth keeping around.
          So more info then?

Comment

I don't have much info on the server. In the past it's been up 24/7 but during most of the day it wasn't populated. Recently it went down so I don't know what's going on with it.

Comment

Could help but notice this thread. Here's some info on the server:

Located at Maccius
              Running Fedora 10 as a VMware Guest
              Running Mac OS 10.5 Server as a Host.
              Host Hardware: Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM 2TB HDD
              It goes down every once in a blue moon because I forget to restart the virtual machines after it's rebooted.

Glad you guys enjoy the server!

Comment

Oh awesome, it's been awhile since I've checked the thread, thanks for the info Tuaris, that setup sounds pretty badass I must say. Pacy's server is truely the only fair and playable server in my location (CA) as it stands. I had a ping of 38 yesterday and given the fact I was used to 150+ pings, I was pretty much unstoppable the entire time. I play on Pacy's Server at least once everyday now and invite all my available friends or at least attempt to... I had about 5 of us last time yesterday and it was actually really fun, I had such a good time, I wish more people on the west coast would take advantage of that. Something tells me most of the folks on my side have given up though and play laggy servers anyway so they don't have to play alone. If more people would join, I'm sure more people would be happy to play. Give it a try and see the difference.

P.S. Oh by the way, it's up everyday now as far as I can see, make sure you don't filter it out by mistake, enable show empty servers. Because it is empty sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                X