UTComp3 v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTComp3 v3

faust, a russian player has just released his 3rd final version of UTComp. UTComp is a competitive mutator for UT3 that adds features like brightskins, a map voting system, custom crosshairs and many others, basically it just follows its previous version like ttm2003 with ut2003, ut2004 with utcomp by Lotus, etc. This type of mutator have been used in all important competitions worldwide.

The major new features are:

* Clientside demo recording
    * Ping-compensated game mode
    * Coach spectator.
    * Kick voting

It's awesome that we finally have client side demorec, even if it's an year after UT3 was released.

The complete changelog can be found here and you can download UTComp3 v3 here.

Hi,
    Would you please explain how this ping-compensation exactly works?
    Does this mean I can play with my 80 - 100 ping (nearly) as smooth as offline?
    Usually, I have to aim in front of enemies while strafing.
    Will this mode avoid this issue?
    Are there any noticable side effects?

Greets

Comment

I never really liked that type of thing, even tho it can be quite useful for some people. You should try it anyway I haven't tryed it in UT3 yet tho, and I really don't know how it works in theory.

Comment

does this mean that the clientside recording is the one that was ment for the realease of the game? If so does rypel cam work with it. I'm betting it just records the screen. And how does coach spectator work?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
          Hi,
          Would you please explain how this ping-compensation exactly works?
          Does this mean I can play with my 80 - 100 ping (nearly) as smooth as offline?
          Usually, I have to aim in front of enemies while strafing.
          Will this mode avoid this issue?
          Are there any noticable side effects?

Greets
          I've played on some servers with a beta version of UTComp3 with this feature enabled and around 70 ~ 80 ping I think I had and it's a day and night difference as far as hitratio goes. I'm a player whose aim improves pretty much linearly with ping (with high ping >90 my aim is very bad but with < 60 it's superb depending on server a little too) but the ping listed in UT3 engine is very inaccurate for starters so I don't pay much attention to it as the lowest latency I've noticed is found on a server where ping is usually listed as ~70 for me and it beats pretty much any servers that list ping even as ~50 or just below that. I can tell more accurately how the ping is usually just by how often I hitscan. Anyways, with this feature enabled on a server with the ping listed as ~75, it felt like playing on a server with ping 30 ~ 40, yea that's about right, like it would be cut in half or so or maybe slightly more even.

Now I wonder what will happen with those players with already low ping < 40 but I don't think it will become much easier for those as the lower your latency goes the less difference you'll notice. But what if they'd actually have to start aiming slightly in the opposite direction the player is moving.

The only sideeffect I could notice is a slight stutter in some people's movements every now and then but those were rare and didn't happen frequently.

I cannot help but thinking of drunkenstein when talking about pings and for players like him that always have to play with 100+ ping no matter server, this seems like a welcomed feature. Like always in FPS game, ping is and always will be a huge factor that impacts the DM aspects.

Comment

I love this mod as it makes a UT3 game much easier to setup. The ping compensation is nice, I played a few games with it yesterday.

Comment

.. simple things like this should be included out of the box. Nonetheless, it is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

Alternate link? Site doesn't load here...

Comment

Maybe here: http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=6461

Unfortunately i found serious bug in this release.
                  Time limited warmup timeout not detected and after start match all players got 200hp and all weapons.
                  You should disable limited warmup and warmup voting or wait while fixed build will be released.
                  1-2 days should be enough for it.

Comment

Anyone else have it not showing up in the mutators list in the server browser and also webadmin even though it's running and working correctly?

[shot]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x106/emig5m/utcompwebadmin.png[/shot]

It's up and running on my server but doesn't show up in webadmin or the server browser under mutators.

Comment

They pulled it from utcomp.org, all you get is a readme that says they have suspended the download for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                        They pulled it from utcomp.org, all you get is a readme that says they have suspended the download for now.
                        Probably because of that bug in the quote I posted. Just set warmup to no time limit and make it non-votable. BTW, I fixed my problem with it not showing up in the mutators list, they separated the ini file into two and you had to combine them. I had to add the [UTMutator_utcomp3v030 UTUIDataProvider_Mutator] section to it. As if setting up a UT3 server can already be a chore it seems that anything to make it more confusing they do, heh. It's like you almost have to be a scientist to do it!

Anyway, I'm just going to keep it running on my server until the updated version comes out. As if anyone plays this game anyway, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
                          .. simple things like this should be included out of the box. Nonetheless, it is much appreciated.

Thanks,
                          Thanks Faust for the features that should have come with the game.

Comment

Here's something fun to try. Put some various mutators on different gametypes then vote on the new gametype from the in-game menu. Notice then how the mutators from the last gametype carry over to the new one. Has been doing this since the first release. Then just for giggles go in and look what that does to your server log file. Be ready for a shock.

Comment

Ah, version 3.1 is now on their site as of today. It has a bunch of fixes, hopefully worth another shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X