Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch questions

Hey All,

I'm new to this game, about two weeks and this forum, today. I guess you could say the contest intrigued me to get the game and try my hand at some modding. I must say, there is a lot more to this (UT3ed) than Game Creator I used before and much easier than the level creators I tried out years ago for Doom.

I was lost with the free tutorials over at 3d Buzz (as good as they were) for UT2003/2004 as the editor controls are different with UT3. Then I found a thread from back in September that GameStop had the Special Edition with the tutorials on sale.

Hoping, I drove over and bought their last, local copy (still on sale!). I had half convinced myself the tutorial vids were just going to be a compilation of the work the guys had already done. I'm glad I didn't listen to myself... These are even better, IMHO, than the older ones. Well done, guys!

So, a question I have is this; Which patches are most people using, and which ones are neccessary for the contest. And, where might I find the patches, if needed?

Thanks, and you'd better get busy, 'cause I'm coming up fast behind 'ya!

Latest patch is 1.3 (available since august 2008):http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=620465
    So best thing for you is to install it and enjoy!

Comment

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture...ordBrimley.png

Comment

no more patches bro... just buy the new expansion...

Comment

make sure u patch up to 1.3 by the link given above, some of these fixes are for the editor as well as the game, and most ppl who will download your work will have 1.3. good luck with ya mapping/modding

[EDIT] use the link that xtremexp posted, dickbird's is good for a larf but

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
            no more patches bro... just buy the new expansion...
            there is none yet..

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I reposted this in the MSUC threads as there were no replys the first day. Just by chance today, I found you had when looking through this thread. Thanks, again all!

Comment

Working...
              X