Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Buy Laptop $379.99 will it run ut3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Buy Laptop $379.99 will it run ut3?

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with AMD Turion™ X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-60
    Model: L305D-S5892

Reg. Price:$649.99
    You Save:$270.00Sale:$379.99

Processor Speed2.0GHzDisplay TypeWXGA widescreen TFT-LCD with TruBrite technology (1280 x 800)Screen Size15.4"System Bus800MHzCache Memory1MB on die level 2System Memory (RAM)3GBSystem Memory (RAM) Expandable To4GBType of Memory (RAM)PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAMHard Drive TypeSerial ATA (5400 rpm)Hard Drive Size160GBOptical DriveDouble-layer DVD±RW/CD-RWOptical Drive Speeds4x DVD+R DL; 4x DVD-R DL; 8x4x8 DVD+RW; 8x4x8 DVD-RW; 5x DVD-RAM; 24x16x24 CD-RWDirect-Disc LabelingNoDigital Media Reader or SlotsYes, digital media card readerGraphicsATI RADEON X1250

Someone please let me know its a 4am sale!

Its not bad and will probably run it just fine but I would go to www.tigerdirect.com and go to barebone kits and buy one of them for about the same price but would really walk all over that laptop. All you need is a monitor. Ace this is incremental.

Comment

I don't really know anything at all about the ATI cards, but I think the Radeon X1250 is onboard, which means it's probably not going to handle the game well.

Comment

can I add an upgraded video card to it if it has onboard video?

Comment

Were talking about a laptop here, and a cheap *** one.
          That ATI won't cut it maybe try and find one with an ATI 3470 or and Nvidia 8400gm, you should be able to find a laptop with one of these for just a bit more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace111 View Post
            can I add an upgraded video card to it if it has onboard video?
            Unfortunately, no. There are a few laptops where the video card can be replaced/upgraded (laptops that use MXM, for example), but with most you can't.

I'd love to replace the Nvidia 8600M GS card in my laptop with an 8800M, but I can't.

Comment

I wouldn't buy that lappy, I really doubt it would even boot UT3 within 3 minutes

Comment

While that is indeed a whole lot of laptop for the money, the laptop described above is more for web surfing, office work and the occassional dvd.

If you need this for work or school, it's a steal. If you are considering it for gaming, it will disappoint you in less than one minute. I saw on CNN that they will have only 15 available per store.

The video chipset is embedded in the motherboard instead of a card, so it can't be upgraded.

Comment

A point to remember with laptop gaming .... the system has to be very capable of working the game . The laptop in question might work the game but you could easly burn it out in a week of unreal3 , making a waste of your time and money.

Save our cash and buy a system that will be easier to future upgrade and cheeper than upgrading a lappy.(ie if you can upgrade it).

Comment

Why not just get a cheap laptop for websurfing and MS Office tasks and then build a powerful desktop for newer games?

Will the $380 laptop run UT3? I laughed when I saw that. Maybe the $1380 one could do it if it had a good video card.

Comment

alot of ps3 players have been talking about upgrading their computer or just wondering if it will run ut3 in general lately, my suggestion is just buy ut2k4, i just reinstalled it and the game has more people playing then ut3 and its alot better.

plus it will run on everyones machine even if its sorta old or underpowered

Comment

Working...
                      X