What is keeping you from playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Lack of players playing... plain and simple. It's like a downward spiral. Every time I get on to play, there are about 5 servers in each category being played on.

Fix client side demo without the need for utcomp. People like to demo their games and make videos. People post videos, it builds up the hype, more people get interested,... upward spiral.

Fix insta. That rifle does not shoot right, period. Using the {AW} Instagib rifle is the only fix I've found. That rifle's timing is perfect. Default insta seems to have laggy shots, regardless of server ping. Therefore, I don't play insta though I'm in an insta clan.

Those are the 3 main reasons that inhibit me from playing as much as I would if these things were not issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that and UT99 has some very good singe player campains to download. UT3 has hardly anything to base a storyline on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why am I not playing?

I remember UT99...hundreds of packed servers and IGN.com giving the game its highest rating ever...and no **** consoles in the picture. No dumbass storyline forced in by some executives...UT3 is much more self-conscious

Leave a comment:

• replied
    contagious, mass community hysteria ..... luckily im immune and still happily playing w00t, albeit offline mainly
    [EDIT] still wondering if the next PC version will have "From the studio that DIDNT bring you gears of war 2!" lolz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What's keeping me from playing?

The game is just not fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *sniff* *sniff*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whats keeping me from playing?

Nobody else is playing. This game is deader than dead. I hate to have said that, but I have been struggling to find DM or TDM games under 150 ping in the last few days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
    I hope so. When's that supposed to be released?
    Dunno, last year? I asked in these forums and didn't get a date, here is the locked thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fugal-Gourmet View Post
    As soon as the Linux client is released, there will be many more players online.
    I hope so. When's that supposed to be released?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this sounds awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
    If the online was more populated I'd definately play a lot more, as I love the game.
    As soon as the Linux client is released, there will be many more players online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The flashing/flickering texture issue (I hope I fixed it, this time) was what hit me the hardest.
    I was forced to stop playing once I couldnt see anything clearly at all.
    The game denies me! noes!

I never got to really appreciate UT3 because of that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, the weapons should shoot faster (everything's so slow), the Gears of War inspired grainy art style is far from the proper fit for a UT game (it needs simple art direction--being able to see your enemies without questioning if it really is one or not is so important to a twitch shooter), and I personally prefer the UT2003 weapons set (and the way they fire). It's not bad at all, though it does seem to have taken a backseat to Gears of War development (and remember, Epic Games has less than 100 employees) and playing in a UT2003 clan war with such experienced players is still amazingly fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Playing online is the most frustrating thing ever and it's nearly impossible to practice when you're just respawning non-stop and since there's only like 3 servers with playable ping (I live in western Canada) there's pretty much no variety which means you're playing against the same people all the time, who are either really good, or using hacks.

Playing against the bots is fine, though, cause I get to use all the custom content I want. It's a real shame that basically no one plays online. If the online was more populated I'd definately play a lot more, as I love the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    as of yesterday playstation HOME

Leave a comment:

Working...
X