What is keeping you from playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is keeping you from playing?

I haven't been playing UT3(PS3) much lately. Even though R2 and Need4Speed are games I have been playing lately. They aren't keeping me from UT3Idle players in warfare matches are. Every single time I go into a warfare server that has peeps playing on it. There is one or two idle players on a team. They sit there for hours doing absolutely nothing! I try to get everyone to switch to another server and leave the idle player behind. That rarely happens.
    Message to players who sit in games without playing.
    If mom calls you down for dinner. LOG OUT of the match. You are making the teams unfair and ruining the game for the rest of us. If your goal is to become known as the biggest a$$clowns on UT3. Keep up the good work.
    I am going to begin listing players who sit idle on a regular basis.

AUD99- Plays for like 5 minutes and then disappears for the entire day. I have logged in, played a few games. Then, left and came back hours later. He's still sitting idle.

TATINKED- Logs into games and does nothing. It is almost as if his intentions are to sit idle. I have NEVER seen him moving or score one single point.

Have a nice day!

You play need4speed? The new one? Thats a very bad game IMO and should keep you from playing UT3. I almost find that offensive. ;-)

Since I started playing Duels, UT3 has been better than ever for me.

Comment

Wow this might be the funniest thread I have ever read. I don't play much warfare but when I was there the other day that happened. That's why I like duelin, it never happens, lol. Anyways I don't think its possible but can admins from the servers ban people like on PC. I know if I hosted a server I could kick or ban but my question is, is can someone get kicked or banned from a midway server. Does any epic admins play on PS3 to make sure nothing strange is going on or sh*t like this. Just wonderin if they do cause I never seen hide or hair of them. Flak can you answer this or anybody. As far as R2, I'm not impressed with it, as far as NFS, they just keep gettin worse, the last good one was for PS2, NFSHP2 with the exotics and cops. So to quit playing UT3 for to long because of noobs at idle and playing games that are far worse then UT3 is lame. I said it before I'll say it again, I'd rather play with bots before I'll quit playing this game. PERIOD.

Comment

R2 and COD .. but with this challenge i posted.. its back to work in UT3 till after the matches..

Comment

The new Need4Speed was the worst racing game I've ever played on the ps3. It was literally unplayable, it looked like trash and ran at like 15 fps. I was getting nauseous from the frame rate.

I don't play UT3 on PS3 basically because I like the PC version better. I don't play the PC version much because its buggy and feels unfinished.

Comment

Apart from the game been a "epic fail" and i am really starting to think "epic fail" really dose mean epic them self

I found Left For Dead, great game, online works a treat Next 2 no bugs and Valve are already demoing new content less then a week since it came out

in my eyes epic have gave up on unreal they have stopped patching the game and really let us down

Comment

sorry for double post

Comment

Hehe, Valve actually cares about satisfying their customers, and supports its player based cummunity to teh fullest..The L4d demo had more patches in the first 4 days of its existance than ut3 has had and its entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
                  Hehe, Valve actually cares about satisfying their customers, and supports its player based cummunity to teh fullest..The L4d demo had more patches in the first 4 days of its existance than ut3 has had and its entire life.
                  i guarantee there was alot less put into those patches then the patches ut3 has had.

but yea, epic needs to support ut3 better

Comment

School prevents me from playing on PC very often and the lack of players and simple community features (Why can't we make clan tags or have redirect servers for custom maps?) makes me not bother playing when I have access to my PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill
                      play the PC version much because its buggy and feels unfinished.
                      Which bugs do you come across that prevent you from joining a game?

Comment

Originally posted by Deadaim View Post
                        i guarantee there was alot less put into those patches then the patches ut3 has had.

Better!, it took 2 patches to fix the manta being able to drive about in the water where there was no advantage to doing this at all, but still remains the flying manta bug that has every possible advantage known that shipped with the game. The phrase your looking for is not "Support UT3 better" but "Stop neglecting UT3"

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                          I don't play UT3 on PS3 basically because I like the PC version better. I don't play the PC version much because its buggy and feels unfinished.

About the same here. I just get the feeling I paid $50 to be a beta tester while they patch it to a retail product that will sell again later as something "new". Same thing happened with 2003/2004. I've been a fan of the series for years, but I think I'm finished. I'm not going to keep trying to have hope for a series that obviously will never reach the quality of UT99.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                            The bugs don't have to literally stop you from joining a game to prevent you from playing, say you had a new car with no upgrades (manual transmission/windows, no sunroof, etc), another new car that doesn't handle as well but is fully upgraded, and an older fully upgraded model of the first car. Nothing is physically stopping you from driving the first new car (UT3) but when you have new games that have more features/polish and older UTs with all the polish and features you'd expect it makes it really hard to make yourself play a game that you know could and should be a hell of a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                              Haha funny you ask that that exact question. I'll give you a short list.
                              • Attempting to join a passworded server via console if you do not specify pw on your open string it will prompt "Invalid password": Most games will add an additional prompt on connection asking for pw if server is locked
                              • UT3 never store pw, you must input password every connection
                              • If you have any issues connecting to the Gamespy master you cant play online
                              • Until 1.2 you could not get into a server via thrird party apps
                              • Until 1.3 you could not COPY AND PASTE

The browser sucks too but mentioning that is beating a dead horse.

Originally posted by Deadaim View Post
                              i guarantee there was a lot less put into those patches then the patches ut3 has had.
                              When the game works there is less to be patched , Value is very good about addressing critical exploits soon after they are discovered. If it's like TF2 the patches not only fix but occasionally add content.
                              Criterion is similar with Burnout Paradise, the game shipped in a complete form without game-breaking bugs HOWEVER they have patched and expanded Burnout 5 times in less than a year adding allot of additional content with fixes as well.

After the Valve and Criterion support, Epic's support looks quite poor.

Comment

Working...
                              X