No announcement yet.

Throw Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a cheat at all for CTF or ws off TDM. Not including it was rather dumb tbh.

Comment

IMO, it's not cheating. Making INI edits to do custom binds has been part of Unreal since UT.

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
      i cant find anything in my ini to do with weapon tossing
      It's not in the INI by default. You have to bind a key to the command "ThrowWeapon". I think you can also type "ThrowWeapon" in the console.

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
        interesting, i didn't even know you could enable weapon throw, seems a nice thing to use on maps on suspence where there is no avril ammo, toss it and get a new one, and surly if you tossed a weapon you would lose the ammo wouldn't you?
        The reason they disabled it is because you could do this, effectively giving you infinite ammo. It's certainly not an ideal solution, but I'm not sure how it could have been handled better.

Comment

yea its actually a cheat because if you throw ur weapon out and it has 0 ammo you can pick up another 1 and get it back to default ammo

Comment

It's not a cheat, and Epic should have stopped this stupid discussion by having a bind as default.

Comment

Originally posted by chilau1 View Post
              yea its actually a cheat because if you throw ur weapon out and it has 0 ammo you can pick up another 1 and get it back to default ammo
              Since when could you switch to a weapon with 0 ammo? :c

Comment

I think it only should be possible to throw away weapons that you pick up from an enemy.
                Sometimes you pick up an Avril with 1 shot and don't get any ammo.
                (VCTF-Containment).
                But no idea how Epic should manage that.
                Just throwing away every weapon would be too easy because you easiliy could pick up a weapon (spawned),
                throw it away and so on.
                After some seconds you can pick up all the weapons that you threw away and will have full ammo -> too easy.

As said: Throwing away enemy weapons would be ok.
                My opinion...

Greets

Comment

Working...
                X