here's a good one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's a good one...

i've been told that one could use something called an xfps to use ps2 input converted to periphrials to make it possible to use a kbm on the 360, am i piping it, or can we get some input?
    any respones greatly appreciated...

A buddy of mine got something similar but to configure the gamepad binds to a m/kb he needed to get a cabled gamepad, you cant use the wireless one to setup the inputs unless you have a usb charger cable or a cabled one.

Comment

Yea, i had one for the ps3, sold it on ebay recently because it works like ****, it was able to bind any key i needed to use but the axis movement is complete ****

Comment

I was talking about this the other day with a 360 owner! He wanted this setup for the new COD.

There are Playstation 2 mice out there if you look, but then how would they be configured to work along side a keyboard, or in conjunction with a pad (which is how I play on the PS3)?. 360's don't support any kind of mouse/keyboard as far as I know, (well they have that little control pad keyboard, but no mouse).

There's also the Splitfish controller for the PS3, which is USB, but then I assume the controller protocol would be different to that of a PS2, so it would not be backwards compatible. So even if you could get/make a converter is still wouldn't work.

My last thought would be to buy a Split fish and hack it to run via a 360 control maybe? ... I reckon it would be do-able as I've modded a few of my own controllers in the past for 'other things'... you just need the parts, time, knowledge and a lot of patience...

I suppose it depends on how badly you want it?

M$'s decision not to support areas like this is beyond me...

Comment

Originally posted by ffrr View Post
          I was talking about this the other day with a 360 owner! He wanted this setup for the new COD.

There are Playstation 2 mice out there if you look, but then how would they be configured to work along side a keyboard, or in conjunction with a pad (which is how I play on the PS3)?. 360's don't support any kind of mouse/keyboard as far as I know, (well they have that little control pad keyboard, but no mouse).

There's also the Splitfish controller for the PS3, which is USB, but then I assume the controller protocol would be different to that of a PS2, so it would not be backwards compatible. So even if you could get/make a converter is still wouldn't work.

My last thought would be to buy a Split fish and hack it to run via a 360 control maybe? ... I reckon it would be do-able as I've modded a few of my own controllers in the past for 'other things'... you just need the parts, time, knowledge and a lot of patience...

I suppose it depends on how badly you want it?

M$'s decision not to support areas like this is beyond me...
          Theres a few adapters to use m/kb on 360 but to map the keys it needs a wired 360 gamepad or a wireless one with the charger cable, they work quite well its just mouse sensivity isn't the same as on a PC.

Comment

Working...
          X