Can't find anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find anyone

SO do I have something set wrong on my filter? I cannot seem to ever find anyone on any game type.. or is the PC version just dead and I didn't know it... I read a thread that said differently but... gracious.

Could be that everyone's just too busy complaining on forums that it's dead to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RC212 View Post
      SO do I have something set wrong on my filter? I cannot seem to ever find anyone on any game type.. or is the PC version just dead and I didn't know it... I read a thread that said differently but... gracious.
      If your in the US you should have seen several full and partly full WARfare servers last night until 1 am east coast time.

Comment

i always got 50+ warfare and dm servers
        with players

So you should do something wrong.

Comment

I wasn't trying to trash the game, i really want to play, I just could not find any servers. and i didn't know if I had something set wrong... I will try again tonight.

Comment

This is something I have noticed.

During the hours of my normal game playing there used to be dozens of populated servers, all full.

There unfortunately has been a dramatic decline in gamers online over the last few months. This is due in part to a number of reason I suspect.

One being the whole hacker crashing servers on purpose a while back. That killed off a lot of players that were playing and rather than putting up with it and waiting for a fix, they play other games now.

Another reason is that as good as the game is, there are still a few tweaks, add ons, mods, fixes (call it what you will) that are required to spark a re-newed interest and get back a lot of players that bought the game, found a point of the game they did not enjoy and gave up playing until they are resolved. Many people stopped playing and went back to 2k4 for various game play styles that did not appear in UT3, others don't like invisible blocking volumes like dead tank they cant move through.

Another reason, competition in the online gaming world. Other game companies have released their new versions of games and people that played UT3 are now playing those new games.

Yet another reason is that many servers have adopted a mutator called Titan Team Fix. This mod auto balances the teams during a match. Unfortunately this mod stops the players global stats from updating. So many don't play on these servers if their stats don't count anymore. Hopefully a new patch will resolve this.

myself I am hoping that with patch 1.4 and the promise of some sort of major expansion pack that the community of UT3 will return stronger than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
              This is something I have noticed.

Yet another reason is that many servers have adopted a mutator called Titan Team Fix. This mod auto balances the teams during a match. Unfortunately this mod stops the players global stats from updating. So many don't play on these servers if their stats don't count anymore. Hopefully a new patch will resolve this.

myself I am hoping that with patch 1.4 and the promise of some sort of major expansion pack that the community of UT3 will return stronger than ever!
              Now the UMG server is a "Custom" server and custom stats update instead of "Pure"stats. Any server with any mutator becomes a "custom" server with "custom" stats. UMG now has Titan Team Fix, which makes it a custom server. So, the game is moving away from PURE servers and stats will only show up as Customs now.

The dFb clan site lists both PURE and CUSTOM STATS and is now fully operational.

http://www.dfbgaming.com/ut3_stats/i...at_type=custom

If you have not spent much time playing on custom servers, your custom ELO and Global rank will be like you just started playing the game. But, you will move up very fast.

I would like to see the stats unified or something so there was only a single rank. I think there are more custom servers than pure anymore.

Comment

same here i cant find a single warfare server with people in them.. me from NZ...

Comment

At the moment, the only populated WAR servers I can see are the Epic/Midway ones, but I don't really want to play there because they banned me.

Comment

I play TDM on Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers server in Chicago :P

Pure server with a few great custom maps.

Comment

i play vctf lately only costum maps and at dm i play costum maps i sick of the same maps that so many pll play

Comment

Working...
                      X