Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It bears repeating - can we have a team BALANCER working here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
    Red - 15 game wins
    Blue - 0 game wins
    It would be interesting to see stats from a server over a longer period of time, because I reckon red has a small but significant advantage due to new players being assigned to red by default. This means that, assuming the server is never quite full and new players join singly, the red team will have a 1 player advantage 50% of the time.

Comment

Another issue is the mentality of some of the better or "competitive" players.

I have always tried the best I can to balance teams by switching as required. Some of the better players will intentionally get on the strong team and pound the hell out of the weaker team. Usually the score is something like 188 to 44.

They do this to boost their stats (and their ego). I have had one of them come on the serevr and ask me to remove the bot I had to practice with saying, "every time a bot kills you you go down in stats by XX amount". Who cares? Not me.

These same players, if they happen to join when the teams are fairly balanced, will leave as soon as they start getting owned.

So great, you've got your stats and emptied the server of all the newer players. Just what the community needs. /sarcasm

Comment

If anyone's checked out UMG lately, the Titan Team Fix is going simply bonkers. It will switch you to the other team, but if you enter some chat, it will show up in yellow like in DM. You'll be able to somehow capture both your flag and the enemy's flag at the same time, making scoring impossible and glitching the flags. I can't explain it, but if you go there, you'll figure it out.

Comment

can't resist...

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
          If anyone's checked out UMG lately, the Titan Team Fix is going simply bonkers. It will switch you to the other team, but if you enter some chat, it will show up in yellow like in DM. You'll be able to somehow capture both your flag and the enemy's flag at the same time, making scoring impossible and glitching the flags. I can't explain it, but if you go there, you'll figure it out.
          "all your flags are belong to us"

Comment

Working...
          X