I hate vehicle maps :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate vehicle maps :(

I just feel like vehicles ruin the game and make the maps far tooo big and gameplay modes like Warfare you have to spend ages looking for the action each time. I love gameplay modes like TDM, though I wish there was a version like CS where you pick your weapons before the round starts and you spawn in the same place each time. What really makes this game is the fun gun combat and how fast paced it is because it makes for sooo many moments where you're like "woah did you see that amazing kill?" and thats kool.

The problem is noone is playing the game and alot of the time I can't get a server with a good ping because it seems like most the poeple playing are from the US and not Europe. Everyones playing Warefare for some reason even though it's the worst mode

Need moar players!

Have a free weekend on Steam or something

Don't say that Warfare is the worst mode as if it's a fact when your assertion is merely an opinion. The fact that a fairly large proportion of players who still play UT3 online are on Warfare attests to that.

Besides, I just can't see how war of attrition shock rifle battles actually resemble anything that you could call 'fast paced.' Hide and seek, slow and boring laser show battles are what the game degenerates to if you remove vehicles because in the game's current current state, on open maps the spam weapons are next to useless.

Comment

the thing that ruins vehicle maps for me is that fact that some maps you can't get to the avrils without being killerd by a vehicle, or of course vehicles blow up the avril rockets..

Comment

One thing I have noticed on the vehicle maps is when guys who are great at warfare, CTF and TDM come over and start playing, they are lethal on foot and learn the vehicles quickly. These are the guys who almost always find the flag carrier and destroy him before he can score.

Your frustration seems to be with how the VCTF maps are played. When I stray in to different modes, I generally get slaughtered until I can sort out the differences between them. After awhile I can keep up, but I'm not a star in any mode.

Comment

I would agree that VCTF is a non starter for me now... The game has been ruined by excessive camping... One team has to end up attacked because the other just doesn't move from their own base. If both teams used the goliath, raptor, hellbender and manta to camp the **** out of the flag I promise you there will be zero competitive players hanging around the VCTF servers.

Warfare is where its at... Non stop action... easy to know where the action is lol... its either in defending a node/core or attacking a node/core. That said VCTF is a good way to learn how to play ut3... because trust me going for that flag on ps3 servers is a ridiculous camp fest.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP_JIBWA View Post

These are the guys who almost always find the flag carrier and destroy him before he can score.
            That b I hehe

anywho... vCTF is pretty awesome, its the most fun mode in the entire of ut3. If you are good in DM & CTF you have a good chance of succeeding in vCTF. Cause like if you think about it, flag runners do a lot of damage while on foot with just a stinger and a pair of jump boots.(especially good ones) So with your bunny hopping CTF skills and DM frags you can take people for a wild run. Or if this doesnt work play mind games with them, works all the time.

Step two is always the two man flag running (NRG are best at that, look em up) or pickups (again look up NRG, they score so fast on ya it makes yo head spin)

Then when you become a Pro, look into Impact Hammer Jumps. You can cover lets say Suspence in less than 50secs. The ones in sandstorm are easy evreryone knows them so they wont work all the time(you know to be honest i think in sandstorm its easier to go towards the tiger health, n i can prove it to you)

My personal favorite is necropolis, i love that map so much i know every single detail(even the respawn times of everything) i also can tell where someone is going to respawn when you kill em(usefull when you just grab the flag cause then you will know to go down low)

Kargo is also pretty sweet(i used to hate it but now im typically in love with that map) if i controll that main tank, you'd be lucky if you get passed your half. And i run the flag like a lil ***** in this map.

And also the "most" of the good players are kind and be willing to help you out. Personally i learned from watching people or chasing this guy called BAB89 when he used to run the flag.

But i have to say that Rhettrosyle, xXChris_cxX, BIOxSoaker, Qwest4victory, Kasori, Mr.Blonde taught me what i know(most of them dont play any more so its kinda sad, then again i dont play either so...)

Comment

What I hate about vehicles is not "just any vehicle" but mostly annoying are Tanks. You spend some time collecting health, ammo, you get to enemy base and.... bah... single shot, probably not aimed directly at you, and you are dead. No matter if you had 1hp or 199hp...
              So annoying that I hardly ever attack enemy flag in Suspense anymore, leaving it to more dedicated or better teammed players.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium_Atratum View Post
                What I hate about vehicles is not "just any vehicle" but mostly annoying are Tanks. You spend some time collecting health, ammo, you get to enemy base and.... bah... single shot, probably not aimed directly at you, and you are dead. No matter if you had 1hp or 199hp...
                So annoying that I hardly ever attack enemy flag in Suspense anymore, leaving it to more dedicated or better teammed players.
                its easy to take out the tank, i can take it out with an impact hammer(no joke). but for you id recomend the redemmer, the manta, scorpion, or the hellblender with berserk power up baby, smoke the enemy base non of em will come out of the respwan. It is so funny.

Comment

i play mostly vctf, and the main reason is the sheer amount of chaos and carnage that it can get to. once you're reasonably comfortable with this game, it just seems to make sense to me. the only trouble i ever seem to have with it is as stated above, when an avril is not close at hand. yeah, those 1 hit vehicle killz are a bummer, but i imagine alot of people dying just as easily to regular weapons when they first picked this game up. it's all part of the whole UNreal appeal that got me into this game in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tixylix View Post
                    I just feel like vehicles ruin the game and make the maps far tooo big and gameplay modes like Warfare you have to spend ages looking for the action each time.

Need moar players!

Have a free weekend on Steam or something
                    Sorry dude, but if your unable to find where the action is in WARfare, you just need to spend some time learning how to play. It will be time well invested. That is how you get more players, by playing.

WARfare is the most complex of UT3 game types. It has the longest learning curve and is the mode where the better team wins regardless of the individual players. I wrote a couple of tutorials of sorts a while back. Check these threads out as they will help you learn the game.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...hlight=warfare

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...hlight=warfare

There are links to other threads as well in the first post as well as others posted by other players.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP_JIBWA View Post
                      One thing I have noticed on the vehicle maps is when guys who are great at warfare, CTF and TDM come over and start playing, they are lethal on foot and learn the vehicles quickly. These are the guys who almost always find the flag carrier and destroy him before he can score.
                      ya,i agree,they know how to move,like tRi_penguin,lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bk-Varsity View Post
                        its easy to take out the tank, i can take it out with an impact hammer(no joke). but for you id recomend the redemmer, the manta, scorpion, or the hellblender with berserk power up baby, smoke the enemy base non of em will come out of the respwan. It is so funny.
                        It is easy to say, harder to actually do it. If there was only a tank in-game I can prepare against it too, but usually there is lots of other things to take care of, and sometimes a tank caughts me by surprice... no warning before first shot no chances to escape second one because you are already dead.
                        Nearly no other vehicle (except for DW, Hellbender gunner) can kill you at instant from a distance. And absolutely no has so -huge- splash!

Comment

UT3 would be a lot less interesting to me without vehicles. There's room for improvement in terms of handling, sound volumes, etc, but otherwise I'd say they're among the best I've seen in a game, and integrate well with the standard on-foot gameplay. Especially when hoverboard grappling comes into it.
                          Originally posted by Tixylix View Post
                          What really makes this game is the fun gun combat and how fast paced it is because it makes for sooo many moments where you're like "woah did you see that amazing kill?" and thats kool.
                          For me Warfare has more of those moments than any other gametype, and the vehicles are often involved in that. Flipping a Scorpion over the prime nodes in Serenety and pancaking someone out of nowhere, swinging by a grapple under a Raptor to land perfectly on a node and capture it with your orb, or just finding ways to outwit vehicle drivers and kill them on foot.

Comment

What I want is Duel mode made into duel tournament mode where upto 32 people play eachother at the same time and the winner of each match goes on to play eachother until you have 2 people who beat everyone else play eachother.

That would be sooooo kool!

I'd also want shock rifles only, without the ALT fire and it to be one hit kills like the railgun mode in Quake.

I just love the old skool fast paced 1 v 1 in a small arena type thing. My only problem Is I don't like any explosive guns like the rocket launcher or the Biorifle etc etc. So I'd want it to be proper pin point accuracy weapons only.

Comment

It's more the maps and the way they're designed that leads to heavy camping. Maps like TrainCrossing, OffTheRails, TheConundrum, and Megastructure play awesomely online and they don't rewards camping. Simply put, yes tanks are bad but if you make a deign that doesn't allow one team to abuse them once the other team know what it's doing (Kargo, OffTheRails and Containment if you don't go out of your way to drive the tank over the barriers) the tanks becomes much less of a factor.

vCTF is a hell of a lot more fun on PC than it is on PS3 right now since they actually do play custom maps which means there are much fewer incidences of one team just camping and camping (and constantly playing suspense/sandstorm) is what's killing the fun of vCTF on PS3.

Comment

Working...
                              X