Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is UT 3 for PC still have active people online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is UT 3 for PC still have active people online?

Hello i recently bought unreal tournment 3 at ebgames after searching for a while. They said alot of stores most likely wouldnt have because it was discontinued but i guess i got lucky since i found one. Anyways so i got the game now. Im wondering if i should return it or install. Do alot of people play this game online for pc or is it dead? Are there alot of servers and maps and stuff? Anyways if someone could let me know the situation of the game (PC version) for online multiplayer.

absolutely, i am one of those active players, i try and get on as much as i can.

im curious to your past (if any) first person shooter experience, like are you comming from previous ut titles or what.

im sure all of us would admit we would like more players. as for the servers you can just about always find a full room. (depending on your location and what not)

i say install it, you should really try it out for yourself and get connected with other players like through irc.gameradius.org #ut3pugs http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ght=gameradius and through xfire, vent, ts if you have those too.

there is also news of a major expasion for this game.

Comment

Discontinued ? I think some of us loyal fans feel like we've been discontinued and relegated to Epic's basement. To answer the question, yes it's worth playing, there is always a decent group of regulars, more the merrier.

Comment

I play every day and so do many others. I suggest you should play also. Real nice bunch of high quality players. Very much good times, wicked fraggin fun!

Comment

Install it, the game is very good. I like it very much and find always servers to play.
          I prefer it over UT2004, because of the greater map diversity.
          In ut2004 you play most of the time just one map per gametype on this "demoservers"
          So you see yourself playing DM-Rankin or ONS-Torlan over and over again, because there are hardly any other servers.
          In UT3 nearly every server uses mapvote, so you get plenty of maps to play

Comment

i agree with most of the anwers but ut2k4 generally has more players at any given time playing it.

Comment

The remaining community is small, but we're extremely dedicated, and we love this game!

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                Discontinued ? I think some of us loyal fans feel like we've been discontinued and relegated to Epic's basement. To answer the question, yes it's worth playing, there is always a decent group of regulars, more the merrier.
                Or it has been discontinued because they are working on an expansion, possibly even a new game, UT4 or something.

Same thing happened to UT2003.

Comment

I can't play every day, because of my job. But I play every day off I get.

Comment

Does UT 3 for PC still have active people online?
                    Yes.

There may not be tens of thousands of people, but who cares? Does anyone really need to have tens of thousands of other people to play with?

Comment

Alright cool, thanks for all the responses guys. I think i will install the game . I dont have that much experience with it though. Only played the really old UT long time ago. Think it was the first one. Anyways let me know if any of you wanna play or something. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two about the game.

Comment

Well I can't seem to find a 1v1 or even any players in regular DM anymore.... I much prefer to play UT3, I think the gameplay and weapon balance is far superior, but what good is it if there's no one to play? I've had a 1v1 server (and two for a limited time) since the game was released, but it's of absolute no use (the server) or fun (the game) if there's no one to play.

I've been jumping back into UT2004 the last couple days which I can't stand the gameplay of, but it's much more fun to play real human players with inferior gameplay than a game with no players at all. And I've tried to get online almost every night since the games release (think the longest I've went without going online was a week) and to be honest, it's totally dead right now... totally dead.

I'm probably going to take my server and bring it over to UT2004....sigh.

Comment

I've never had trouble finding a game.

Comment

and how can i play with tens of thousands of pplat once anyways some sort of funnage is only a fe wextra clicks away, thanks to a great game with a clunky interface
                            maybe this whole expansion rumor/thing can help get fresh recruits...like what if one day as an unannounceed thing, new maps came out for the 360ppls, or all the ppl who actually bought this title came back around to it. i think it sold enough on any platform to have a serious scene on all fronts.(not th@ it ain't there, but we all do want more peeps playing)

i think that enough people are playing. and i regret that it's not more.
                            but if i quit, it's less, and that's not kewl.and noone likes a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by SpleenRipper View Post
                              Hello i recently bought unreal tournment 3 at ebgames after searching for a while. They said alot of stores most likely wouldnt have because it was discontinued but i guess i got lucky since i found one. Anyways so i got the game now. Im wondering if i should return it or install. Do alot of people play this game online for pc or is it dead? Are there alot of servers and maps and stuff? Anyways if someone could let me know the situation of the game (PC version) for online multiplayer.
                              its going to be discontinued?

Comment

Working...
                              X