Campaign for better XBOX 360 Chat System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign for better XBOX 360 Chat System

Just played another night on XBox live with hardly a word being said amongst players due to the problems with the chat system.

We actually had quite a few players online tonight, but the fun was watered down due to the awkwardness of the ingame chat.

Half the time, the Mic symbol would not even appear onscreen when you pressed your button to talk.

We dont want to play in silence....

If anyone else feels the same and would like to see a better ingame chat system patched out, then please sign and let it be known.

Originally posted by Darth Mourn View Post
    Just played another night on XBox live with hardly a word being said amongst players due to the problems with the chat system.

We actually had quite a few players online tonight, but the fun was watered down due to the awkwardness of the ingame chat.

Half the time, the Mic symbol would not even appear onscreen when you pressed your button to talk.

If anyone else feels the same and would like to see a better ingame chat system patched out, then please sign and let it be known.
    I'll sign for this. On another note, am I the only one not seeing any midway servers? I haven't seen anyone else posting about it either here or on the xbox forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
      I'll sign for this. On another note, am I the only one not seeing any midway servers? I haven't seen anyone else posting about it either here or on the xbox forums.
      I couldn't even get a server list up at all, when I tried to scan for joinable matches, so ended up hosting myself for most of the night.

People did join in, so the server I was hosting must of been visible at some point to others.

I love this game, but it just has these silly little flaws, if they can sort those out, it's a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Mourn View Post

There's a reason why online multiplayer games are best played on PCs... Being able to use programs like Teamspeak and Ventrilo is one of them in addition to being able to have custom content and to chat with other players in chat rooms like Internet Relay Chat (IRC). For FPSes it's also nice to have a mouse and keyboard control.

If you enjoy UT, consider getting the original UT99 or UT 2004 (should be very cheap now) and give it a try to see the differences firsthand.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
          There's a reason why online multiplayer games are best played on PCs... Being able to use programs like Teamspeak and Ventrilo is one of them in addition to being able to have custom content and to chat with other players in chat rooms like Internet Relay Chat (IRC). For FPSes it's also nice to have a mouse and keyboard control.
          Oddly enough most of this applies to the PS3 version too

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post

If you enjoy UT, consider getting the original UT99 or UT 2004 (should be very cheap now) and give it a try to see the differences firsthand.
            First of all it's not ALL games on console that have this issue with the mic - it seems to be an issue with this particular game (ut3) and secondly not everyone thinks kb/m is the bee's knees.

Comment

Back on topic.

I sign for proper voice support

... and a way to join four of five friends on the same team easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
                First of all it's not ALL games on console that have this issue with the mic - it seems to be an issue with this particular game (ut3) and secondly not everyone thinks kb/m is the bee's knees.
                And don't let us even begin about how bad of a user experience it is playing / working with a PC. On a PS3 you just pop in the game and play. On a PC you lose your CD Key or you need to turn off your 3 virusc scanners before you can even play.

Comment

Working...
                X