Biohazard & Morbias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biohazard & Morbias

Hey I'm a DM player mosty, have been since the game came out and have no plans on changing my status. I got a question for you all. Why when I go in a midway server, yes I know everyone hates midway servers and yes I know that the servers are full of noobs,explains why I can go 40 and 5 and win by 20 or more frags but why when I go in there repeatdly these maps get picked over and over. So the question is, is why do noobs like these 2 worthless *** maps so much.Is it because they have luck on their side to maybe still an easy kill but they still loose by 20 or more, is it just the noobish thang to do to pick these maps, hell rising sun is not a bad or big map and it doesn't get picked over and over, seriously does anyone have an answer. I was n a midway server once and Biohazard got picked 3 times in a row so I left on the third time of getting picked. I host DMs every now and then just to leave those 2 maps out of the line up. Deimos is another one not favored by me but I'll play it if it gets picked. I don't like to host rooms cause the community is dead and the least thang we need is 15 DM rooms and 5 of them are half full but at the same time I don't miss not playing those maps. Does anyone have an answer about these maps.

They don't care about losing by 20 points, they just like having a kill from time to time, which is why they choose these small crowed luck maps. This defines noobness(?). Don't worry about it, it's just a game. Have fun, eat a cookie.

Comment

least... thang?

Comment

Morbias has been in the series since Unreal in 1998, and is one of the most fun DM maps ever. It's liked by newbies and oldbies alike.

Comment

I also found that this afternoon on some of the Midway servers. I don't like Biohazard and am not that keen on Morbius either but given the lack of players at certain parts of the day I guess you have to live with being outvoted from time to time. A little later when more players came on, some of the other maps came into play (I like deck and arsenal), and added a bit of variety.

Interestingly, what I found was that a couple of times, there was only 1 player on the server, and when I joined, they quickly dropped off. What is that all about, surely if you're online you WANT to be playing people ?

Comment

i got sick of biohazard, cant do any sort of skill to win that map (people camp the rocket launcher and spam goo all over the place) whats epics love of the biorifle anyway, i play DM i always spawn near one...

Comment

Its the same story with VCTF. Suspense Suspense Suspense... Yawn yawn Zzzzz..
              It's a n00bfest out there.. But thats who the Midway chumps cater for.

Pop!

Comment

i like emoticons

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                Morbias has been in the series since Unreal in 1998, and is one of the most fun DM maps ever. It's liked by newbies and oldbies alike.
                so true. and i'll still take deck over bi any time.
                i think bio doesn't have the room to fully take advantage of the way you can move in a map with more space. and most of the newer players still aren't up to snuff on how crazy the movement is. i mean you can dodgemove really really well anywhere, but with as many people that invariably end up in there, it's lost in the fre4al. which is still fun, don't deny it. but, that said, i very rarely play bio in public. i'd rather play gateway.

or defiance.

that said, i guess my favorite stock maps would be deck,morbias,defiance, and gateway. in no particular order.

but at least one of those maps doesn't really seem to be all that popular as an online destination.

Comment

tbh most of the time I prefer biohazard and morbias over deck. Just don't like that map, mostly cause you always got a stupid sniper in the middle (though I imo am getting decent at taking them out) and deck is the dm answer to suspense, getting chosen half the time at least.

With that said with 5 or more people I would take deck over bio and morbias any day

Comment

~MISKELL~, on other thread you complained that some guys make unpleasant comments about console gamers skill or whatever, but now you are doing the same to new players.

Interesting ...

Comment

they are simpler layouts and are easier to learn, we were all noobs once so chill. its better playing that than playing instant action against bots.
                      personally i dislike bio but its still fun if a bit mad at times. Morbius is a classic. Deck for me IS Unreal, its like the signiture map, also i seem to do better on that than any other map.
                      but any online play is better than nothing.

Comment

When I host a room (dualies and berserk, my favorite) I always start with Biohazard. This is because there is only me and a few bots, and I hate having to look for somebody to kill. Smaller maps, small player counts, nowhere to run and hide. Morbias, same deal. Once some people join, we can play larger maps like deck and still have some action. Newer players, my theory, they can spam these maps and get kills, and they don't need to know the map (where are the powerups, side paths, etc). It's easy, mindless, and yes MrEvil, Fun! I don't care that much for them, on Morbias stupid people run in front of my Rocket Launcher, I die, they keep going, I like Biohazard, cookem in the Mic, I got 4 at once last night, all chasing the Berserk on a game we were all berserk in, Funny!. Off topic, speaking of MrEvil, everybody should check this out for a super good laugh: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...=632624&page=3

Comment

Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
                          tbh most of the time I prefer biohazard and morbias over deck. Just don't like that map, mostly cause you always got a stupid sniper in the middle (though I imo am getting decent at taking them out) and deck is the dm answer to suspense, getting chosen half the time at least.

With that said with 5 or more people I would take deck over bio and morbias any day
                          I love deck, my favorite map in the game by far. As far as snipers, lol, hell everytime I play a DM u have campers, the funny thang is they can stand up there all day and snipe, they never win. I like to leave them alone, go do some rampages and right when the sniper might be getting a dominating thanking he's tough sh*t then Ill go up there just to f*ck his world up to show him he aint ****. Snipers never bother me cause they simply just don't win when it comes to DM nor camping period. That said, thanks for everyone giving imput on their opinions.

Comment

Same, I like ignoring snipers throughout the map (wether it be tdm or vctf or warfare), and from time to time I'd go take them out just for the fun of it. They're often too concentrated to look at their backs.

Comment

I don't think anyone is getting what I'm saying. When you guys say chill, have fun eat a cookie, better then playing with bots. Tru, I'm not saying I don't have fun and I don't care to play those maps in rotation, nobody is listening. I'm saying why does noobs pick them over and over back to back. 3 times n a row is redicolous, play it once, then play others, then go back to it. Its that simple, I only get ****** when they r picked over and over. All n all its fun and winning is winning, I'd rather see deck, arsenal, defiance get picked over and over. And I'm not trying to put anybody down if you love those maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X