PC graphics Lacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC graphics Lacking

I got this for pc and the video quality is really bad. it looks worse than unreal 2004 does on my pc. how do i upgrade them and do i need a new graphics card?

What settings do you have the graphics on? Set the sliders to 5 and 5, and then click advanced and make sure that Screen Percentage is set to 100%.

What are your system specifications?

Comment

If you are used to 2004 graphics try setting the World Detail to 1 and Texture Detail to 5... Will suddenly look way better

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
        What settings do you have the graphics on? Set the sliders to 5 and 5, and then click advanced and make sure that Screen Percentage is set to 100%.

What are your system specifications?
        You're not really saying you play at 5/5 are you? It becomes a bloomin, visually overly busy mess. I play 1/1 and I think that is nearest to 2k4. What I find annoying is the fact that the higher you turn the settings the more you disadvantage yourself -this can't be good in a fast paced fps and the same isn't true of 2k4 at its highest settings.

Gnarpig you'll have to give more info for others to be able to answer your query.

Comment

For online play, as long as viewshack, blur and depth of field are off, you can see your opponents just fine with everything maxed out - and you can see the traces of the shade which helps.

Comment

You still need one heck of a high end machine and video card to play with sliders at 5-5. Chances are the guy has screen at 50% or something. I still do not think that made any sense at all to use a screen percentage of 50% as default. Does anyone actually play with less that 100%?

How you adjust your settings depends on your machine and your personal preferences. Myself, I do not spend much time sight seeing, so the eye candy does not interest me.

The default settings I got when I installed were 4-4. That gave me very poor fps. I do not like seeing the fps numbers to turn yellow when I am playing. I play at 1 texture and 2 world along with some ini tweaks I made so long ago I can't remember what they are, but I am sure they are the standard ones. Even with that, I still get huge drops in fps on certain maps..

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
              You still need one heck of a high end machine and video card to play with sliders at 5-5. Chances are the guy has screen at 50% or something. I still do not think that made any sense at all to use a screen percentage of 50% as default. Does anyone actually play with less that 100%?

How you adjust your settings depends on your machine and your personal preferences. Myself, I do not spend much time sight seeing, so the eye candy does not interest me.

The default settings I got when I installed were 4-4. That gave me very poor fps. I do not like seeing the fps numbers to turn yellow when I am playing. I play at 1 texture and 2 world along with some ini tweaks I made so long ago I can't remember what they are, but I am sure they are the standard ones. Even with that, I still get huge drops in fps on certain maps..
              thanks that fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                Does anyone actually play with less that 100%?
                I played at 50 %, sometimes up to 80%. Why? Because enemy characters get to be just a bunch of huge pixels in such a way that I can spot you in your sniping position from 3 miles away through a freaking sandstorm behind a wall, if so to speak ^^ . It's quite neat.

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
                  you can see the traces of the shade which helps.
                  Originally posted by belgian general View Post
                  i played at 50 %, sometimes up to 80%. Why? Because enemy characters get to be just a bunch of huge pixels in such a way that i can spot you in your sniping position from 3 miles away through a freaking sandstorm behind a wall, if so to speak ^^ . It's quite neat.
                  h4x0rs....

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                    h4x0rs....
                    Wall hax.

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
                      I played at 50 %, sometimes up to 80%. Why? Because enemy characters get to be just a bunch of huge pixels in such a way that I can spot you in your sniping position from 3 miles away through a freaking sandstorm behind a wall, if so to speak ^^ . It's quite neat.
                      i still dont understand what use is that setting? you get the same result by lowering the resolution, so what gives?

Comment

Playing at 5, 5 with Postprocessing at Vivid (Intense is a bit too intense imo) and some ini tweaks (DOF and Bloom off). Looks gorgeous. And when I get my hands on a GFX card that can hit some high AA (playing at 4x atm), it will look even nicer

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                          If you are used to 2004 graphics try setting the World Detail to 1 and Texture Detail to 5... Will suddenly look way better
                          Thats my settings.You can see better the enemy and the game still looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnison View Post
                            i still dont understand what use is that setting? you get the same result by lowering the resolution, so what gives?
                            This way the GUI is still at native resolution, so it's more readable. Besides, it's faster to change it this way than to change the resolution, plus it doesn't mess with your refresh rate (for those who have CRT screens).

The option is nice to have IMO, but should definitely be at 100% by default.

Comment

Working...
                            X