PC or PS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC or PS3?

Hiya, I'm after an opinion here. I have a PC, good one, excellent for running games. I already have UT3 on it, I just got a PS3, should I fork out and also get it for the console? Is it worth it, does it bring anything else into the game..but more importantly, can I use BlueTooth Mouse and Keyboard to play it?

PS3 version can use mods as well as keyboard and mouse. As an FYI, 360 version cannot do either. It only cost $17.99 used, $19.99 new. Pretty cheap for a great game like this. Why is this game THAT cheap anyway?

Comment

IMHO i would say get it... only reason i say that is this way you have competition on both PC and ps3 and yes you can use KB/M but i personally dont know how well bluetooth mouse and keyboard work with it

Comment

I have ps3 version but .. PC version of course

Comment

Originally posted by BulgeMaster View Post
          Hiya, I'm after an opinion here. I have a PC, good one, excellent for running games. I already have UT3 on it, I just got a PS3, should I fork out and also get it for the console? Is it worth it, does it bring anything else into the game..but more importantly, can I use BlueTooth Mouse and Keyboard to play it?
          Sure you should - why not! You could probably get a used one for very little and then you would have two options for live multiplayer fun instead of just one. Don't have a clue about the bluetooth....

Comment

I say go for it, man!

UT3 is a amazing game that is in dire need of support. Plus, you can download & play the majority of user-made maps... Most of which are true gems.

Comment

I say get it, but on which platform is up to you. If you're gonna play casually and prefer a controller, then get the PS3 version.

Other factors include: the PC version's community is not quite as large, but the player base is older and the skill level is higher (on average.) And if you really have a top-end PC, the PC version looks much better and is much more customizable to your preferences.

For example, I play with almost everything on highest details, but have specifically disabled most post-processing features in my INI files - things like HDR bloom and certain types of distortion are very distracting and make it difficult for me to aim.

Comment

That's what I don't get, the PS3 is supposed to be this godlike machine, yet my pc craps all over it. Why oh why would they build a console with the power it has and only give it a pissy little 256meg ram, and 256meg video ram, boggles the mind.

Comment

That's what I don't get, the PS3 is supposed to be this godlike machine, yet my pc craps all over it. Why oh why would they build a console with the power it has and only give it a pissy little 256meg ram, and 256meg video ram, boggles the mind.
                  please...just shut up....

PS3 is the godlike of consoles

you can always upgrade a pc ....you CAN'T upgrade your PS3

Comment

I have the PS3 version. Console hardware has to be developed and then live with it's lifecycle (which is limited). PC specs will always advance but PS3 has been designed to have a long shelf-life.
                    The performance of UT3 is great on PS3 PLUS you still get the added bonus of extra content from the people who cook for PS3 (which most people are happy to do, or other people are happy to cook on behalf of the developers).
                    Can't comment on the numbers of people playing on each platform, but if you own both PC and PS3 versions you have the option...

Comment

i think you should get it
                      if i had a computer that could run the game i would be playing on the pc aswell as the ps3

Comment

Depends if you have lots of cash . I've heard the K/M is a lot less resposive on PS3, but still yet to play on the **** thing :P. Personally, I don't think it is worth it as there is no diffrence between the two, with the PC being easier to put stuff on and mod.

Comment

Actualy I have made a map, play it on the PC, never seen it running on a PS3, some say it runs okay, some say it's a bit jerky. Tempted to get the game for PS3 just to see it on there.

My UT3 Map

Comment

They are both great

I am partial to ps3 because that is what I play on. I say get it! The more players on PS3, the better. -There is nothing wrong with playing pc though. Many of the ps3 players I know, play on both platforms.

Comment

i say you get it.

i mean it is only around $25 the most.
                              wont hurt a bit.
                              :]

Comment

Working...
                              X