X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Nancy View Post
    Esura is a ruse.
    Are you saying Esura is Ekoja? Edward Nygma would be proud.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UrLord75 View Post
    I played his campaign with him so I guess you're answer would be no!

LOL!
    Yeah! Campaign was the FIRST place I went. UrLord helped me beat it faster.

I may be a n00b to UT3, but not to online multiplayer in general.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played his campaign with him so I guess you're answer would be no!

LOL!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bet you you did this-
    1.bought game
    2.Dont know what to do so go multiplayer
    3.pick a gametype
    4.join a game
    5.get owned without even trying out campaing nor instant action

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if your playing Team based modes then yes very cruicial other then that DM and Duel...no lol but most players tend to only stick to warfare vctf and ctf cause they dont like switching modes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is a mic that crucial to this game?

I normally never used mics on other online games (mainly cause I never had one). Man I'm so poor....sigh. I should go steal a mic from the flea market.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Esura View Post
    Hello, I'm Esura and I'm new to playing Unreal games. I was deciding between Condemned 2: Bloodshot and Unreal Tournament 3 at my local GameStop store and I ended up getting this game.....for $17.99 for the PS3!

Well anyway, there is some things I'm having problems with. First of all, I suck, and I always die with one hit online. Everyone seems to be pros on this game. Is there a way to improve my skills in this game?

Oh, and I also have a question. Why doesn't my character appears when I go online or play campaign? It only seems to work on that one mode. I forgot its name but it is the mode under campaign.

I also need some friends on UT3 (PS3) so if anyone wants to be my friend, my PSN is Esura
    Get a microphone and start asking for help during games. Most people are kind enough to help out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Esura View Post
    Um, why does it matter that Im getting owned in the console version? This my first time playing any UT game. I normally play Metal Gear Online, which I whoop *** in boi!
    Because PS3 UT3 runs at only 80% gamespeed of PC UT3. And because it has auto-aim to assist you.

A sign of low skill? Please explain yourself. The last time i checked, being able to move faster and making it harder for opponents to hit you was a good thing. For example, if i'm playing CTF, and i'm running the flag, wouldn't it make sense to get back to my base as fast as possible?
    Bunnyhopping makes you easier to hit because the arc of a jump is very predictable. When dodge isn't your best option (which is rare), it's best to just walk.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dont even worry about it. hes a pc player that would probably lose to me or u on the ps3 even in a kbm enabled room. hell i'd play him with pcspeedx and show him how to get owned on the console version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And besides, that was just one piece of advice. I never said "Don't strafe at all, just bunny hop".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taboen View Post
    Okay this is really, really bad

You are getting owned on the console version of this game? Shame, shame on you!

Also, the advice to go bunny-hopping was hilarious
    Online, bunny-hopping is a sign of very low skill

Now, start playing against bots a bit, before you go online. Don't stay with bots for too long though, their AI is just bad practice for playing against real thinking humans. Never stop moving, do not jump unless you have to, Always dodge your way to your goal. A walldodge is nice too.. but you probably don't know what this is yet. And uhm,, just have fun
    A sign of low skill? Please explain yourself. The last time i checked, being able to move faster and making it harder for opponents to hit you was a good thing. For example, if i'm playing CTF, and i'm running the flag, wouldn't it make sense to get back to my base as fast as possible?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I accepted your fiend invite on the psn . But don't contact me until you get a mic. I don't like to type on the psn.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taboen View Post
    Okay this is really, really bad

You are getting owned on the console version of this game? Shame, shame on you!

Also, the advice to go bunny-hopping was hilarious
    Online, bunny-hopping is a sign of very low skill
    I don't normally get into these discussions, but Taboen you are talking rubbish. Console / PC / Whatever, you should be just enjoying the game and getting the most out of it. Disregard any comments or posts about console vs PC, it's BS. The earlier posts about not staying stationary and moving about are definitely valid, and you need to learn how to dodge.

Earlier threads that I've asked about regarding dodging, use "X" or "L3" and a direction on the left analogue stick are going to help.

Congratulations on buying a great game, and maybe I'll see you online sometime.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I cant afford a keyboard or mouse (I'm using PS3 browser with a controller). I cant even get a mic. Gaming cost too much nowadays lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dodging is key to movement. If you can't dodge then you're at a disadvantage. Also try to keep your distance in fights, don't rush into the middle of a clash of people. Maintaining distance and keeping your awareness up helps keep you alive longer and allows you to re-up on weapon ammo, health, etc. Know the flow of a map and try to learn a route to take through a map that is effective for getting the weapons and ammo you need. Also if you do a basic search in these forums or the ut2004 one on 'guide' or similar words you'll find theres atleast a few threads with some really helpful hints on how to play UT properly. I can say using a joystick isn't exactly the best way to learn and maybe investing in a keyboard and mouse might be more enjoyable for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X