The new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
    Uhm, nope. 80% speed and auto-aim makes lowers the difference between bad and good players. The learning curve from noob to pro is smaller, because there is less skill to reach. Why? Because of the auto-aim you can come to a point where you can't improve your aim anymore. And because the game is easier to follow with the lower gamespeed. Your decisionmaking/reactiontimes can be slower. Ofcourse a better player will still win, but the difference is less and it's relatively easier for a new player to become one of the good players.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but everything I've read about the aim assist is that it was added because it is harder to aim accurately with a controller than it is with a mouse. True or not? If this is true then the game developers added it for a logical reason and not because they just wanted to randomly change the gameplay.

Comment

The problem is wopr is that UT has moved on outside of the PC, so therefore I think the PC guys r a lil jealous. I wish every motherfuken one of u guys (that has a problem with PS3 players) come in here and read this.. Are we your guys kryptonite. I'm mean serioulsy. Get off our d*cks. I'm so sick and tired of thread after thread of you guys going on about PS3s speed is slower, controller sucks, aim assist and so forth. U guys are just worthless and complete losers with so much time on your guys hands to come in here and criticize other players that enjoy the same passion you guys do. Does that make any since. And I hate to bust your balls but when mouse is enabled aim assist is gone bro. So if my aim assist is gone and I'm still kickin *** against players with aim assist, hhmm let's c, do I have to say anymore. And hate to bust your guys bubble but there is mutators out there that make the game run just as fast as PC. U PC players r so caught up in crticzing that u really just don't know what the *** is going on and to top it off a lot of us PS3 players were once PC players and have moved on to consoles simply why, because gaming is dead on PC, PERIOD. Not to mention we got better things to do besides play Warcraft and other trash that's all that is offered on the PC. And this doesn't go for all you PC players cause there are some respectable ones out there that have respect and have showed us console players some respect. Thank you. Now the game has been out a year next month, can we move on with the baby details and defferences and maybe some of us act our age. Probably not, its to hard.

Comment

+1
        My feelings exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by ~MISKELL~ View Post

The problem is wopr is that UT has moved on outside of the PC, so
          therefore I think the PC guys r a lil jealous. I wish every motherfuken
          one of u guys (that has a problem with PS3 players)come in here

and read this.. Are we your guys kryptonite. I'm mean serioulsy.
          Get off our d*cks. I'm so sick and tired of thread after thread

of you guys going on about PS3s speed is slower, controller
          sucks, aim assist and so forth. U guys are just worthless and
          complete losers with so much time on your guys hands to come in
          here and criticize other players that enjoy the same passion you

guys do. Does that make any since. And I hate to bust your balls but when
          mouse is enabled aim assist is gone bro. So if my aim assist is
          gone and I'm still kickin *** against players with aim assist,

hhmm let's c, do I have to say anymore. And hate to bust your
          guys bubble but there is mutators out there that make the game run
          just as fast as PC. UPC players r so caught up in crticzing that

u really just don't know what the *** is going on and to top it off
          a lot of us PS3 players were once PC players and have moved on to
          consoles simply why, because gaming is dead on PC,PERIOD. Not to mention
          we got better things to do besides play Warcraft and other trash

that's all that is offered on the PC. And this doesn't go for all you
          PC players cause there are some respectable ones out there that have
          respect and have showed us console players some respect. Thank you.

Now the game has been out a year next month, can we
          move on with the baby details and defferences and
          maybe some of us act our age.Probably not, its to hard.
          Holy wall of text!!!
          I disagree with most of your points but do not feel the need to state them.

Comment

Originally posted by WOPR-1 View Post
            Taboen...dude what a bunch of BS. You're clearly not listening or not understanding the replies...

Why are there so many PC players sitting in the bushes waiting to flame on the PS3?....it's really annoying. Why can't it be that the games are just a little different as opposed to one being better or harder than the other. Just because you play one version over the other does make it the better one.

I play both versions and in general I don't find one harder than the other...it took me a good couple weeks to get decent with the sticks vs KB/M...but other than that they each have their own difficulties.

Esura, sorry to contribute to the jacking of this thread but I couldn't help it! Anyway welcome and I'll see ya out there!
            No problem. I hope to see ya out there too. My PSN is the same as my username on this forum.

But guys.....cant we all just get along, LOL

Comment

Hi! Slow day, so I'll chime in... First off, I play PC and PS3, both are excellent. Second, Hi Esura! Yes, you should really get a mic. One of the few advantages PS3 has over PC is that our voice chat function actually WORKS! True, it does. And even better than making some person halfway around the world sit up in thier living room and say "**** that Esura! Keeps killing me!" Well, even better than that is talking with your friends. Also, you can use almost any mic. I have a bluetooth cell phone earpiece, like those people you see walking around talking to themselves on the street, and they look crazy, but they're really on thier cell phones. A USB headset/mic works also. Try Ebay or craigs list. Or just ask your friends/parents, sometimes they come with a cell phone and the person doesn't use it, especially those corded ones, although they usually use that tiny usb2 connection. Worst case, you can get a decent one for around 20 bucks tops. The rest of it, just keep playing. And playing, and playing, and playing..... Next thing you know, you get better. Simple! And just like real life, some people are sukkballs, even if they have mad skillz, and some people are super cool, even if they are super good. How good you are at UT3 is in no way related to how good you are as a person. Just have fun! Waaaahhhhh!!!! Also, and this goes for all of you.... GET NEW MAPS!!!! (please)

Comment

Nicely put... And I second your request for new maps. I've got loads that I've downloaded but am a bit disappointed I never get to play them online.

Comment

Originally posted by WotPal View Post
                  Nicely put... And I second your request for new maps. I've got loads that I've downloaded but am a bit disappointed I never get to play them online.

I see you all the time, but I hate Instagib!

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                    Hi! Slow day, so I'll chime in... First off, I play PC and PS3, both are excellent. Second, Hi Esura! Yes, you should really get a mic. One of the few advantages PS3 has over PC is that our voice chat function actually WORKS! True, it does. And even better than making some person halfway around the world sit up in thier living room and say "**** that Esura! Keeps killing me!" Well, even better than that is talking with your friends. Also, you can use almost any mic. I have a bluetooth cell phone earpiece, like those people you see walking around talking to themselves on the street, and they look crazy, but they're really on thier cell phones. A USB headset/mic works also. Try Ebay or craigs list. Or just ask your friends/parents, sometimes they come with a cell phone and the person doesn't use it, especially those corded ones, although they usually use that tiny usb2 connection. Worst case, you can get a decent one for around 20 bucks tops. The rest of it, just keep playing. And playing, and playing, and playing..... Next thing you know, you get better. Simple! And just like real life, some people are sukkballs, even if they have mad skillz, and some people are super cool, even if they are super good. How good you are at UT3 is in no way related to how good you are as a person. Just have fun! Waaaahhhhh!!!! Also, and this goes for all of you.... GET NEW MAPS!!!! (please)
                    Well said bro. Played against u just lil bit in warfare lastnight. Not under this name tho.

Comment

Wow, there are nice ppl in the UT3 community. Havent met the typical online gaming asswipes yet here lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Esura View Post
                        Wow, there are nice ppl in the UT3 community. Havent met the typical online gaming asswipes yet here lol.
                        lolz, just wait, they are here, ....mostly PC players

Comment

Originally posted by tWcLUNCHY View Post
                          lolz, just wait, they are here, ....mostly Xbox players
                          Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by roadkillgrill View Post
                            fixed
                            and he^ or even she^ acts like one of them, fixed...

Comment

Originally posted by ~MISKELL~ View Post
                              and he^ or even she^ acts like one of them, fixed...
                              Hmm,> lemme< add^ some< carets^^ and angle brackets to my text>><<^<>

Comment

It's just very painfull to see PS3 UT3 people as if though UT3 is a really hard game. While the ut3 version on ps3 is just so much easier.
                                Please play both before you decide which one you like better, thanks.
                                And yes, for most UT PC players: the harder a game, the more fun a game. If you don't want a challenge, play cod.

Comment

Working...
                                X