Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
    Okay this is really, really bad

You are getting owned on the console version of this game? Shame, shame on you!

Also, the advice to go bunny-hopping was hilarious
    Online, bunny-hopping is a sign of very low skill

Now, start playing against bots a bit, before you go online. Don't stay with bots for too long though, their AI is just bad practice for playing against real thinking humans. Never stop moving, do not jump unless you have to, Always dodge your way to your goal. A walldodge is nice too.. but you probably don't know what this is yet. And uhm,, just have fun
    A sign of low skill? Please explain yourself. The last time i checked, being able to move faster and making it harder for opponents to hit you was a good thing. For example, if i'm playing CTF, and i'm running the flag, wouldn't it make sense to get back to my base as fast as possible?

Comment

And besides, that was just one piece of advice. I never said "Don't strafe at all, just bunny hop".

Comment

dont even worry about it. hes a pc player that would probably lose to me or u on the ps3 even in a kbm enabled room. hell i'd play him with pcspeedx and show him how to get owned on the console version.

Comment

Originally posted by Esura View Post
          Um, why does it matter that Im getting owned in the console version? This my first time playing any UT game. I normally play Metal Gear Online, which I whoop *** in boi!
          Because PS3 UT3 runs at only 80% gamespeed of PC UT3. And because it has auto-aim to assist you.

A sign of low skill? Please explain yourself. The last time i checked, being able to move faster and making it harder for opponents to hit you was a good thing. For example, if i'm playing CTF, and i'm running the flag, wouldn't it make sense to get back to my base as fast as possible?
          Bunnyhopping makes you easier to hit because the arc of a jump is very predictable. When dodge isn't your best option (which is rare), it's best to just walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Esura View Post
            Hello, I'm Esura and I'm new to playing Unreal games. I was deciding between Condemned 2: Bloodshot and Unreal Tournament 3 at my local GameStop store and I ended up getting this game.....for $17.99 for the PS3!

Well anyway, there is some things I'm having problems with. First of all, I suck, and I always die with one hit online. Everyone seems to be pros on this game. Is there a way to improve my skills in this game?

Oh, and I also have a question. Why doesn't my character appears when I go online or play campaign? It only seems to work on that one mode. I forgot its name but it is the mode under campaign.

I also need some friends on UT3 (PS3) so if anyone wants to be my friend, my PSN is Esura
            Get a microphone and start asking for help during games. Most people are kind enough to help out.

Comment

Is a mic that crucial to this game?

I normally never used mics on other online games (mainly cause I never had one). Man I'm so poor....sigh. I should go steal a mic from the flea market.

Comment

if your playing Team based modes then yes very cruicial other then that DM and Duel...no lol but most players tend to only stick to warfare vctf and ctf cause they dont like switching modes

Comment

I bet you you did this-
                  1.bought game
                  2.Dont know what to do so go multiplayer
                  3.pick a gametype
                  4.join a game
                  5.get owned without even trying out campaing nor instant action

Comment

I played his campaign with him so I guess you're answer would be no!

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by UrLord75 View Post
                      I played his campaign with him so I guess you're answer would be no!

LOL!
                      Yeah! Campaign was the FIRST place I went. UrLord helped me beat it faster.

I may be a n00b to UT3, but not to online multiplayer in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
                        Esura is a ruse.
                        Are you saying Esura is Ekoja? Edward Nygma would be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                          Because PS3 UT3 runs at only 80% gamespeed of PC UT3. And because it has auto-aim to assist you.
                          whats your point? you act like only certain people have these advantages, everyone has it and the fact is it makes it much easier to die on the ps3 version because of it, so infact the game could be considered harder, not easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadaim View Post
                            whats your point? you act like only certain people have these advantages, everyone has it and the fact is it makes it much easier to die on the ps3 version because of it, so infact the game could be considered harder, not easier.
                            Ward, yet your right again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadaim View Post
                              Uhm, nope. 80% speed and auto-aim makes lowers the difference between bad and good players. The learning curve from noob to pro is smaller, because there is less skill to reach. Why? Because of the auto-aim you can come to a point where you can't improve your aim anymore. And because the game is easier to follow with the lower gamespeed. Your decisionmaking/reactiontimes can be slower. Ofcourse a better player will still win, but the difference is less and it's relatively easier for a new player to become one of the good players.

Comment

Taboen...dude what a bunch of BS. You're clearly not listening or not understanding the replies...

Why are there so many PC players sitting in the bushes waiting to flame on the PS3?....it's really annoying. Why can't it be that the games are just a little different as opposed to one being better or harder than the other. Just because you play one version over the other does make it the better one.

I play both versions and in general I don't find one harder than the other...it took me a good couple weeks to get decent with the sticks vs KB/M...but other than that they each have their own difficulties.

Esura, sorry to contribute to the jacking of this thread but I couldn't help it! Anyway welcome and I'll see ya out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X