• Show
Clear All

Esura is a ruse.

Comment

A ruse?

And wtf is JGoldberg sprouting?

Comment

I have no clue lol.
        Anyway, this is what I did : Do the campaign on easy, so that you quickly go through all the maps and basically know where all the weapons and pick-ups are located. Now go online and have fun, that's how I did it. I was able to grow alongside with the community because I was there from the start, so I never really got owned in a horrible way. Of course, since you started a year after it's release, it may be hard :s Doing some DM or TDM bot matches won't hurt to improve your skills. If you want to improve your aim, replace all the weapons before you start the match to the shockrifle. Just keep practicing, and if you find yourself handling well on a certain difficulty level, raise the difficulty level. Repeat this untill you win on like adept or masterfull, and go online. Have fun. It may be good to start with 'easy' weapons online, like the rocket launcher. Because you can still do considerably much damage with this weapon to your opponent, even if your aim isn't that good (splash damage).

Online, I'd start with vCTF or Warfare, because it is possible to make yourself usefull in these modes without real duelling skills. For an example, in vehicles. Perhaps by defending. If you'd start in TDM (team deathmatch), you'll get...screwed.

There you go, have fun. Never stand still online! You'll get your head blown off in no time.
        edit: Oh and please, don't bunny hop. Just don't. Strafe to the left or right, and learn to dodge/ wall dodge.

Comment

Thanks Belgian!

Comment

Originally posted by Esura View Post
            A ruse?

And wtf is JGoldberg sprouting?
            I dunno- I think he was being humorous. Which reminds me, lol at the line about losing your mic money cuz you bought pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
              I dunno- I think he was being humorous. Which reminds me, lol at the line about losing your mic money cuz you bought pizza.
              Its true. I seriously used it for pizza, but now im ****** cause its harder to befriend ppl on UT3 now rofl.

Comment

GET A MIC!

i glad your pizza made you sick! I hope you learned your lesson! lol

Comment

do all the above nd also 1nce u do the campaign, go online for dm, as it improves your skill, then after u get good at that try duel. after that ctf and war will b so easy to learn. dont kno about vctf. this was how i did it at least nd i too dont have a mic.

Comment

the way i did it was Campaign on hard then DM/TDM then warfare then ctf then duels

Comment

Okay this is really, really bad

You are getting owned on the console version of this game? Shame, shame on you!

Also, the advice to go bunny-hopping was hilarious
                      Online, bunny-hopping is a sign of very low skill

Now, start playing against bots a bit, before you go online. Don't stay with bots for too long though, their AI is just bad practice for playing against real thinking humans. Never stop moving, do not jump unless you have to, Always dodge your way to your goal. A walldodge is nice too.. but you probably don't know what this is yet. And uhm,, just have fun

Comment

Um, why does it matter that Im getting owned in the console version? This my first time playing any UT game. I normally play Metal Gear Online, which I whoop *** in boi!

Comment

Dodging is key to movement. If you can't dodge then you're at a disadvantage. Also try to keep your distance in fights, don't rush into the middle of a clash of people. Maintaining distance and keeping your awareness up helps keep you alive longer and allows you to re-up on weapon ammo, health, etc. Know the flow of a map and try to learn a route to take through a map that is effective for getting the weapons and ammo you need. Also if you do a basic search in these forums or the ut2004 one on 'guide' or similar words you'll find theres atleast a few threads with some really helpful hints on how to play UT properly. I can say using a joystick isn't exactly the best way to learn and maybe investing in a keyboard and mouse might be more enjoyable for you.

Comment

I cant afford a keyboard or mouse (I'm using PS3 browser with a controller). I cant even get a mic. Gaming cost too much nowadays lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                              Okay this is really, really bad

You are getting owned on the console version of this game? Shame, shame on you!

Also, the advice to go bunny-hopping was hilarious
                              Online, bunny-hopping is a sign of very low skill
                              I don't normally get into these discussions, but Taboen you are talking rubbish. Console / PC / Whatever, you should be just enjoying the game and getting the most out of it. Disregard any comments or posts about console vs PC, it's BS. The earlier posts about not staying stationary and moving about are definitely valid, and you need to learn how to dodge.

Earlier threads that I've asked about regarding dodging, use "X" or "L3" and a direction on the left analogue stick are going to help.

Congratulations on buying a great game, and maybe I'll see you online sometime.

Comment

I accepted your fiend invite on the psn . But don't contact me until you get a mic. I don't like to type on the psn.

Comment

Working...
                                X